Lower leafs sagging and drooping???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrider

Freestyle Quad Ridin'
Reaction score
I got 2 heathly female plants about 24" tall under a 100 watt HPS. Last night I decided To box in around them and line the box with aluminium foil for refelction. Needless to say I checked it this afternoon and all the lower branches and leafs have started to droop and sag pretty bad. The top branches are still standing strong. I also noticed that the branches that are sagging are red in color whereas the heathly branches are light green. I pulled the box off and went back to just open light with no refelction. Is this the right way to grow or do you want as much light refelction as possible???? My timer is set for 16 hours on and 8 off.

Sounds to me heat climbed up and there was no air circulation.
The first thing you need is a temp and humidty thermometer.
When you close it in you need to put an exhaust fan of some type.
Can you post some pics or go into more detail about your grow?

yeah what are the temps? if the temps are ok it sounds like overwatering. if you had watered before you check them then went back to see how they were doing...thats probibly the issue.....

which is normal :D

see how they are doing in a day and let us know- if they dont perk back up some then its prolly heat.

and ditch the tinfoil and buy some mylar- and if u cant find mylar go to wall mart and go in the camping section and buy some emergency blankets...there like 3 bux each

Here are some pics of my plant. If I leave the box off the plant, will the leaves bounce back??? Also A few of my leaves have brown spots on them (see pic). Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to solve it??? I have never fertilized the plant, just good potting soil. Also, when is the best time to water??? I heard that you are never supposed to water before the plant is lit, Is this true??? Thanks

plant mod.jpg

Plant_1 mod.jpg

Plant_2 mod.jpg

Plant_3 mod.jpg

Leaf mod.jpg

This plant sits in my basement and I dont have any kind of exhaust fan on it. The temp down there is always a consistant 65-75 degrees. I water it probably once every 3 days (during the light cycle) I decided to ditch the box and just let it open grow. Is that an ok idea??? This is my first time growing and it looks like it isn't turning out that bad for a virgin grower... What else do you guys think I should do to get some nice buds off these plants??? Should I reduce the light cycle??? it is 16 on 8 off Thx

If you would like to see some clearer pics, let me know

You can switch them over to flower any time you like from what I'm seeing. The drooping surely looks like a heat issue brought on by the enclosure to me.

heat problems under 75 degrees?

i still think its just an overwatering issue- those containers look wet.

A box around an unvented 100 watt HPS probably didn't stay @ 75. Do you water using the weight method?

Not really, I just water until I think it is good enough (basically when the soil is pretty damp), Whats the weight method??? How do I start the flowering process????

and whats the best way to flower these babies to get some nice buds???

Latest posts

Back