Lower Yellow leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowYourMiracle

Reaction score
Got a few babies that just started veggin outdoors.

I got them in pots cause its much easier to be able to move them around.

i will post pics when the sun goes down,its too bright to really get a good pic right now.

The lower leaves started turning yellow yesterday. I dont mean the suckers. The 2 single blades that first comes after the sucker leaves.

They were in a small dixie cup until yesterday,i let them dry out pretty good and transplanted them into larger pots,and addded some blood meal and a small amount of bone meal to the dirt, then watered good.

I am hoping this is just a N def.

I have also been thinking it might be the sudden heat jump here in the north. went from the 70's to the 90's.

They get full sun all day,and do not get shade until late in the day when the sun gets behind the trees.

They are planted in some regular potting mix with some stone pebbles i sterlized along with some peat moss.

I have been letting them dry out good before i water them again.

When i transplanted them to my surprise they had completly become root bound in the dixie cup.

I was surprised because they are only a few weeks old.

This is probably from the rooting powder i added when i planted the germinated seeds.

An old friend taught me this.

So pics later,and i could use some input.

Probably N def being as it's the lower leaves.

My plants are outdoors, receiving about a full days worth of sunlight, but for some reason, all the bottom leaves are turning yellow, and 2 of my 9 plants are starting to lighten in color completely... it's frustrating, because i can't sex them either, and we're already the 27th of june... HELP ME!

Mas Agua guys! I water mine every day. I do have very well drained soil though.

Julian said:
My plants are outdoors, receiving about a full days worth of sunlight, but for some reason, all the bottom leaves are turning yellow, and 2 of my 9 plants are starting to lighten in color completely... it's frustrating, because i can't sex them either, and we're already the 27th of june... HELP ME!

hello julian. welcome to MP. to start your own thread, go to the desired section(outdoor growing), look at upper left hand of page, it says 'New Topic'. this thread belongs to GYM. we'll be happy to help you there.

Edit> GYM, hello. did you solve your problem?

Since your plants are in a container, and have high temps, make sure your pots are not getting too hot. Many people will put one pot in another to create a dead air zone, so the sun does not hit the pot that has the soil in it. I paint some of mine white, some I dont paint, and this year I bought grow bags made of a felt like material. I do tho water more than if they were in the ground. I dont let them dry out as much as when they are inside the house during seedling stage.
You try feeding them a high nitrogen fertilizer? I have been taking some lower leaves off my plants.....they just are finished, nearest to the soil and the oldest leaves on the plant. Let them fall off naturally. Then throw them away, dont let them sit on your soil, invites bugs.
Good luck to You.

Without seeing photos, I am guessing that you are just seeing normal leaf senescence, the lower leaves just give up as they get shaded by the upper growth. Probably not an N deficiency, that would show up in new growth. Post a pic..

tcbud said:
Since your plants are in a container, and have high temps, make sure your pots are not getting too hot. Many people will put one pot in another to create a dead air zone, so the sun does not hit the pot that has the soil in it. I paint some of mine white, some I dont paint, and this year I bought grow bags made of a felt like material.

:yeahthat::goodposting:;)

I`ve had the problem of pots and soil getting too hot. 1st time I`d left too much old root matter and it cooked the roots as it composted itself. 2nd time was high temps and not enough airflow around the pots. It starts at the bottom and quickly moves up. Looks a bit like over watering. If you catch it quick enough they do get better.

Latest posts

Back