lowryder # 2 grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picasso

Reaction score
Hi fellow tokers n growers!
i have never grown weed before but as i live in the channel islands, its not been easy to get since christmas.....so decided to try growin!
I have been reading forums till the wee small hours for about 3 months now and have looked at so many grow sites. my brain is in overload!!
all iv'e had to smoke since new years day is bloody 'spice'...its new in jersey and the government are trying their best to ban it already.....thats jersey for you!
Anyway....i got myself some lowryder no 2's
a 200 watt blue enviro
a 200 watt red enviro
a 1 metre parabolic reflector, and a small 12 volt fan which i will wire up to a motorbike battery...i once had a normal room fan catch fire on me so dont like leaving them on when i aint there. battery power is safer!!!
I had 8 out of ten germinate in less than 24 hours, the other two didnt work. i planted the seeds directly in b&q seedling compost in a small heated propagator with a 12 inch grolux lite from my local fish shop.
I let them grow about 2 inch which took about 3 days!! then put them into 3 inch peat pots but standing in a layer of the compost in the propagator.
left them in there for about 10 days then moved to 5 litre square water bottles with tops cut off, spiked loads of holes in bottom of bottles then filled with a 2 inch layer of small clay balls, then a 1part/1 part mix of perlite & vermiculite...then sat my peat pot in it (after removing the bottom of the pot to assist the roots)then filled around the pot and 1 inch above it with a mix of household plant compost & perlite.
i gave them each a good drenching with a pint of water and seaweed extract....sposed to feed the roots and help with the shock of transplanting, then topped with perlite to stop top drying out and to reflect light.
p.s. planted 6 this way and 2 in pots of a compost & pearlite & vermiculite mix just to see which performs better.
they are 3 weeks old now and under the red enviro on a 18/6 lighting with small fan on during light hrs, temp is 75-77 and humidity is 47-50%
the two in soil are very small:( the 6 in the other mix are FANTASTIC....abot 5 inches high with a spread of 8 inches on the biggest and about 6 inches on the smallest.
they look stunning.....just started to flower so going to check with magnifying glass tonight. will post pics if i can work out how to at the weekend. they look awsome compared to 99% iv'e seen in grow diaries.....fingers crossed for luvly girlies will update every day now :)

Sounds like you have everything under control. Can't wait to see the pictures

thanx, they really do look good, forgot to say...most people say they dont smell much.....i reckon if i lay on the floor with my head in the room i would get smashed...they stink!!!by the way...my growroom is in a built in wardrobe in my bedroom! will sleeeeeep very well methinks ha ha.

I agree to that my friend, my lowees pack a strong odor to them as well. Before you could smell them only when really near them. Afterwards, when walking into my closet, now I can smell them when walking into my room. They are three weeks and half old, and I'm loving the smell my friend........just loving it!

hello everyone, got a problem loading pics...need to reinstall software which i lent to someone.
will do it tomorrow.plants looking good except it looks like i got at least one devil boy:( !!!! lets hope he dont get any brothers!!
got some good pics so hopefully tomorrow.
p.s. they smell really nice!

Have finally figured out how to load pics so have started a journal.
look under 'grow journals'!!!!

Latest posts

Back