Made in the Shade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hash Hound

Reaction score
Anyone have luck with plants that dont get a lot of direct sunlight outdoors. All the good sunny spots where I wanna grow are to open and not secure. I have access to a a wooded area I want to use for a few plants. If the plants only get an hour or two of direct overhead light will they mature and ripen OK? And closer to home, my neighbor just put a 6foot privacy fence right next to the west side of my garden. I grew 2 nice small plants there last year. Do I have to move my garden this year? I think the shade will start creeping over the garden between 1 and 2pm.

I know some of the best spots are in the shade but keep looking. All your plants will do is stretch out and be unhealthy. I have tried it early in my growing days and they always had issues due to lack of light. You never know though. About your neighbor thats totally up to you. If you see him peak over the fence all the time then its prob not a good idea but if he never seems to care whats going on over in your yard then go ahead. Just do what you think is best.

Latest posts

Back