Major Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy James

Reaction score
Just returned home to find that 1 of my plants is Male.
Looks like the pollen has been blown around the tent.
1) How do I do I clean the tent ?
2) Are all the plants in the tent junk ?
3) Were can I find some threds to addres most of my issues ?
sanitize - identification - Ect.

This is very depresing- as everything was going great !

soap water washout in end pilgrem crop aint ruined yual just goin to get pouch fill with seeds in it will effect yur end result in yield and potency but pick seed out still be smoked ;)

BWD

Water kills pollen, but get on top of your lights, the cords, the ceiling everything. Good luck, it is a drag but it can be cleaned up. How long were you gone?

I was gone 2 weeks. when I left I could not see any sighn of the plant being a male. - when I returned, the plant was filled with pollen sacks.
Plants have been in 12/12 for about 3 weeks.
Should I let them finnish or scrap the whole grow ?
Do the pollen sacks have pistels or hairs that can grow out of them ?

Well ya plannin to sell it or smokes it pilgrem only yual knows what yur growin fur ;) Its still harvestable friend but only yu no what yur doin with it

BWD

Hello Jimmy James,

I'm wondering how long are they into flowering ?
Seeds generally take up to six weeks to mature !

1) How do I do I clean the tent ? >> Water kills male pollen.
2) Are all the plants in the tent junk ? >> Not necessarily depending on how long they have been flowering
3) Were can I find some threds to addres most of my issues ?
sanitize - identification - Ect.>> Click this link for more options http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16462

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate event .
This also happened to me with a male cheese plant i have found 1 seed in my femmed bubblegum buds !

I will call this seed Chubble Dumb .
It will be named in sinc with the plants and the idiot that allowed her to get pollenated :hubba:

Good luck !
THC

Edit: Wow BWD and Rose ...You guys type way to fast ..;)

and by way thats plant abuse and Im callin THG dont thin theres a plantrens aid

BWD

THC -- plants have been in 12/12 for 3 weeks.
Other plants have what look like sacks with pistle / hairs growing out of them
Is this a bud site or Male sacks ?

BWD -- No selling -- just personal use.

Jimmy James said:
when I returned, the plant was filled with pollen sacks.
Do the pollen sacks have pistels or hairs that can grow out of them ?

:48:

Calyxes with Pistils indicate Female plants !
Round balls which are opened with small yellow flowers indicate Male plants

Brown pistils (Dying off) can also indicate pollenation !

I guess we should find out if you are looking at males or females before taking any action !

I would spray the whole grow with water take the plants out and clean the room. First there are balls then the balls open up to flowers that drop the pollen.

Can you take some pic's up close and personal?

THC - I looked at the link you sugested, I believe the rest of my plants have Cayxes with pistles. - I think the plant I took out was a male with imature seeds.
Rose - I will do as you say & spray all plants and clean inside of tent as best I can.
The male plant I took out seemed to be dried up, Mabey what I thought was pollen was realy just dry matter ?

Thank you all for your help and impute !!! I think I could use more help and imput - I am still in panic mode.

Rose -- My lights just went out - When should I work on clean up ?
lights on or lights out ?

if you had a hermie the seeds are garbage, if you had a male seeds could be ok, either way if you grow them out wash room after you take the plants down cause they will continue to blow pollen around, dont add any plants to that room until they are gone and its been cleaned.

Jimmy James said:
Rose -- My lights just went out - When should I work on clean up ?
lights on or lights out ?

Your gonna need to see what your doing, so lights on. What Dman said too^. Are you able to put your plants ourside for a while and hose them off and while they dry clean your room? Breathe don't panic. It has happened to lots of us..a bad memory, ha.

Hi Jimmy James ,

For your reference ;)

cannabis_gender.jpg

cannabis gender 2.gif

Latest posts

Back