Mandala Summer Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bho_expertz said:
You can change to flowering phase when you want and that is the way to know the sex ... Some plants can show pre-flower, but usually they show sex after you change the light schedule. 3 feet the taller/older ones ... 2,5 feet the others. I have topped them @ 4 node so the height is "not real".

Actually, that is not really true--most plants will show sex while still in veg. And even though you can change to 12/12 anytime, they will not show sex until they are sexually mature (alternating nodes). I think putting them into 132/12 before they are ready encourages stretch. Most strains that I grow take 5-6 weeks to show. I also do not see any alternating nodes. The height of a plant really has nothing to do with its readiness for flowering. Stretch is not growth--internodes are growth.

We listen ... But you do not need to wait for preflowers to start flowering ... Of course yield and strenght will be reduced ... But i do not know almost anyone that grows from seed and start the flowering phase after 6 weeks ... Most don't wait that long. It was a habbit to induce flowering and reveg again to get the males out.
Again this is not a exact science you can do it lot's of different ways. With different results of course :doh:.

But we listen :cool:

Anyone that only has one grow space ...

But i don't know that many ppl that grows :doh: :D :D :D ... Because of that I listen

bho_expertz said:
We listen ... But you do not need to wait for preflowers to start flowering ... Of course yield and strenght will be reduced ... But i do not know almost anyone that grows from seed and start the flowering phase after 6 weeks ... Most don't wait that long. It was a habbit to induce flowering and reveg again to get the males out.
Again this is not a exact science you can do it lot's of different ways. With different results of course :doh:.

But we listen :cool:

I agree that there are more then one way to grow cannabis, I guess my question is, if your going to grow it, why not do the best job you can and not grow plants that
"yield and strenght will be reduced"? Are you in a hurry?
I am just curious.

Yep in a hurry ... It should be ready now 4 harvest and a kilo all for me :p but no ... and also space size ... 14 plants there is too much ...

Thanks RB

You can only "hurry them" so much. The time they spend in 12/12 before they are sexually mature does not count as flowering time--you will start counting your flowering time when they show sex. Also, since you have not sexed the plants, you will probably have 1/2 of them male. This will leave you with 7 or so plants, which should be okay for your space.

Are you saying that you are expecting a kilo of finished bud from this grow?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Also, since you have not sexed the plants
Can you explain the part of "have not sexed the plants" ... This is the same thing that wait for preflowers ?
The Hemp Goddess said:
Are you saying that you are expecting a kilo of finished bud from this grow?
Of course not ... that was a dream ... ready now and a kilo :D
I already knew that you only count the flo time after one week ( usually the time to show sex ) when changing the lights (found that here in my last grow ... i'm learning until i die :rolleyes: ).

Have removed 7 males yesterday ... I think that all the other 7 are females ...
Some have certain, others not really yet ...

Yesterday have meet the first grower ... now i have a friend :D :D :D that also grows ... The result he is going to donate me today 2 mother plants for me to flower :D :D :D ... Nice guy

Some pics laterzzzzzzzzz ...

bho_expertz said:
Can you explain the part of "have not sexed the plants" ... This is the same thing that wait for preflowers ?

Of course not ... that was a dream ... ready now and a kilo :D
I already knew that you only count the flo time after one week ( usually the time to show sex ) when changing the lights (found that here in my last grow ... i'm learning until i die :rolleyes: ).

Yes, waiting for the alternating nodes and the sexual maturity.

Isn't it great to have someone live and near by to talk grow with!!!

bho_expertz....Yesterday have meet the first grower ... now i have a friend :D :D :D that also grows ... The result he is going to donate me today 2 mother plants for me to flower :D :D :D ... Nice guy [/quote said:
Where did you meet this person, how did you find out each other grew, and what do you REALLY know about this person. This sounds scary to me....

Quarantine any plants you are gifted by another. You can bring disease and pests into your space.

I became friend of the shop guy ... And this guy is a friend of him ... They usually exchange clones ... It is as safe as it can be. But i'm aware :batman:.

Will check them carefully. Thanks THG for the caring :cool:

The donations were one Sweet Seeds Black Jack and one Sweet Seeds Ice Cool both bonsai style ... Sweeeeeeeeeeet :D

Hi Mjers,

Have taken all the males out and got 3 Sadhu and 3 Ganesh females. With the donations the tent is ready for full flower mode :D.

8 ladies in total ...

Need still to repot 2 of them to 11 liters pots and the repoting phase (hard and boring ) is done. Can't imagine what it is to have lot's of plants to repot :holysheep:. My props to you big growers.

Will try to take some pics tonight.

Sounds like some lovely ladies there bho. Finally got some mandala seeds going. Can't wait to see some updated pics.

LOL--you think repotting is hard and boring? Wait til you start trimming.....

I still urge caution--beware of friends from grow shops--they can be LEOs.

TheKlonedRanger said:
Sounds like some lovely ladies there bho. Finally got some mandala seeds going. Can't wait to see some updated pics.

What strains do u have Ranger ? GJ already ? Going to give a peep. Tonight after repot the last 2 will take some pics.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--you think repotting is hard and boring? Wait til you start trimming.....

I still urge caution--beware of friends from grow shops--they can be LEOs.

THG once again thanks for caring but this one is not LEO. But i'm very cautious ... I never pay atm there ( money only ), no phone numbers, etc ...

Usually when i trim i'm very baked with some 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (use this 4/6 times a year - my dose 0.20g) so it is a very nice time that i have with the lady, both of us, trimming the plants :hubba: and bounding, but i never trimmed 8 plants ( in the same day ) so my opinion can change :doh:

I started 2 of the satori. They just popped so nothing started on them just yet. They're in my journal with the other 48 seeds that I just started. I'll update soon with pics of seedlings.

Hi MJers,

Today is the last day of week #1. They look good but i'm not feeling very confident when watering. This because i'm using this pots sizes for the first time and they are quite bigger from what i was using ( 6 liters to 11 liters ). But after some waterings i think i will be ok.

All the Mandala look great but of course the first ones are much bigger ... Once again have the problem of sizes in my grow space ... Ones tallers then others ...

Here are the photos ... I'm going to bed have a deserved sleep ... Cy'all

Can u see the lighter ? It is a Normal Clipper.
DSC_5087.jpg

DSC_5088.jpg

IceCool "Donation"
DSC_5089.jpg

Top View
DSC_5091.jpg

bho_expertz said:
Aolha from hell :cool: ... Thanks :hubba:
:rofl: Lemme catch up, I've missed about 2 weeks... brb.

They look GREAT! Wow, esp when you go through the journal quickly to catch up... Nice job with the ladies, they look very happy.

Latest posts

Back