Massproducer's Coco buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
massproducer said:
In the first week while the roots are trying to reach the rez you will want to feed everyday, after the roots hit the rez you can back off to every 2-3 days. You will know that the roots have hit the rez beecause there will be an explosion of growth almost overnight, it truly is amazing.

Are you talking organic nutrients? What about all the amendments which have been added to the mixture, will this cause alot of nute burn on the plants?

Also mass, it was touched on but not clarified, I have hard water with a PH around 6.8 - 7, will the metals and salts in the water be a serious problem like they can be with soil and cause lock out. I really don't want to feed tap water and then switch back and forth with distilled, the ph fluctuation will cause problems. I have been cutting the water in half with distilled to ease any future problems.

Now all the plants seem to be taking a turn for the worse. They are wilting and slumped over. I checked the coco about 3 inches down in and it doesn't seem they are over watered. I followed your guidelines to the "T" and have no idea what is going on now. A response would be nice.

u just need to feed dechlorinated water for the first little bit, until the plants tellyou they need food... Butthey will require a lot of water in the first few days to week... Take a few more pics and show me what they look like... Your hard water should not be a major problem, same with the ph, but chlorine is not your friend... You will need to water everyday for about a week, get another pic up tho so i can see what we are working with.

It is very hard to overwater coco unless your drain hole gets clogged and the water can't flow out, but that is where coco and soil differ, you do not want coco to dry out, it likes to be constantly moist as the beneficals need moisture to survive as well, so any watering problems will usually be underwatering

Ok guys here are the pics, poor things :(
My temps are 75 day 68 night, 45% humidity.
I am watering 24floz her bucket per day. I gave them a dose of ferts today which helped with the yellowing. Here are the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

My Ph in the buckets is a steady 6.8. I have had this happen before with 1 or 2 plants but not all of them all at once. This has me very confused. At first I thought they were over watered now I am not sure.

massproducer said:
Your hard water should not be a major problem, same with the ph, but chlorine is not your friend...

We have a well no city water or chlorine to worry about. This is the strangest thing.

Just to clarify with you, have you followed all of my suggestions for amendments and amounts? Was your coco throughly flushed and wetted prior to transplanting? I need to know all of your amendments and what you are feeding

Okay that makes total sense godspeed, because the indica with the huge leaves kind of looks a bit overwatered but without the drain hole clogged I have never had any overwatering proplems because once the coco is hydrated it will not takes more water then it can handle and then the perlite basically holds a lot more air then water, so the excess water literally just comes pouring out of the drain hole, it is kind of weird because when the coco is too wet it is almost like instantly that it starts pouring out.

So clear out those holes, maybe even make em a bit bigger and everything should be great

massproducer said:
Just to clarify with you, have you followed all of my suggestions for amendments and amounts? Was your coco throughly flushed and wetted prior to transplanting? I need to know all of your amendments and what you are feeding

The coco was flushed and steralized before use. The top 3 layers I used 2 cups of worm castings, 1 cup alfalfa meal, 1 tablespoon steamed bonemeal with those layers.

massproducer said:
Okay that makes total sense godspeed, because the indica with the huge leaves kind of looks a bit overwatered but without the drain hole clogged I have never had any overwatering proplems because once the coco is hydrated it will not takes more water then it can handle and then the perlite basically holds a lot more air then water, so the excess water literally just comes pouring out of the drain hole, it is kind of weird because when the coco is too wet it is almost like instantly that it starts pouring out.

So clear out those holes, maybe even make em a bit bigger and everything should be great

I pulled the drain tubes out and the water was dripping pretty good. I may leave them out so they can continue to drip tonight. I was also thinking of running distilled water through them but that may be overkill. They really do look over watered.

godspeedsuckah said:
I pulled the drain tubes out and the water was dripping pretty good. I may leave them out so they can continue to drip tonight. I was also thinking of running distilled water through them but that may be overkill. They really do look over watered.
you have drain tubes in bucket? why is this? might have airlock or obstruction blocking

I had 1/2" pvc for a drain "tube" but I pulled them now I just have the 1/2" hole in the side.

There is a slight improvement from yesterday, they are starting to perk up a little bit :) The more I think about it there was a overwatering problem. I soaked the cubes and never rung out the excess water, and then continued to water. A mistake I never should have made to begin with but did, I guess it is part of getting use to something new. Hopefully they will be fine and take right off.

they look pretty pathetic at the moment. I am misting them a few times a day just to give them something because they don't seem to be taking anything in. Hopefully in a few days they will pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back