might wanna try this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon

Reaction score
Don't know what I was on when I experimented dipping the stalks of my cuttings in to straight SUPERTHRIVE but having a 100% success rate since i havent looked back.

peace

whats superthrive for those of us that are thinking "???"

SUPERTHRIVE is a high concentrate growth hormone, only need one drop per llitre of water but does'nt seem to burn the cuttings when used correctly. I thought this stuff was universall, if not, best kept scret.

Peace

Never heard that one before EVER! He sounds pumped-n-convinced almost like he works for Superthrive.....hmmmm. I threw my superthrive away because it didn't really impress me, except for the advertising (boasting) all on the packaging. Now I'm gonna try molasses to see if that's a waste of time also. For clones use Clonex, DipNGro, PowerClone, etc.

this stuff really isnt worth the hype. They keep ingredients hidden for a reason. The stuff is probably mostly b1 vitamins. Smells similar and it would explain the reason you have success with rooting with it. But again why pay the mark up for superthrive theres other more beneficial things IMO

you can't say it doesn't work though... but there definitely are alternatives

SmokedtheRent$ said:
Now I'm gonna try molasses to see if that's a waste of time also.
Dude! Take a triple stack of whole wheat pancakes, slather a bunch of butter on each layer and then put that molasses over the entire thing!

Slide a tall glass of milk up next to it and you'll have a meal that will fill that empty place!

Other than that, molasses is pretty much a waste of time, energy and good molasses.

If you decide to use it in your grow, try singing hymns to your plants too. I've read posts where folks have sworn by it.

"A little molasses for you my little green person and "Rock of Ages, Cleft for meeeeeeeeee, turn this cutting into a treeeeeeeeee" hehe

mybad

Most likely the company that makes SUPERTHRIVE was running cloning mix and just change bottles without cleaning the machines. Who know what is in it?

When shopping for fertilizer, it is essential to read the labels. Check the prices and then the ingredients in these products. "Superthrive" contains only growth hormones (0.09% Vitamin B-1 and 0.48% 1-naphthyl acetic acid), and no nutrients.

Yeah should work but nothing special

mann.. there are enough steroids and growth hormones in all the foods that we eat and everything, do we really have to pump our marijuana full of it now.

So who's having rooting issues? I used that Shultz junk from Home Depot and I'm more broke out with clones than I know what to do with. Maybe this Superthrive stuff will kill a couple and I won't have that angst of playing Sophie's Choice with them when it's flower time. I up and cut the entire top off one of my clones, and even clipped one of the 2 leaves off--yep, still alive and kicking, pushing 8-9" already and she's the shorty.

This newbie does sound sorta, kinda advertisementish, don't ya think?

I know what you mean Pencilhead, i new to this game but just following the simple instructions passed on to me i not killed a cutting yet, had to decide which ones to get rid of first time round cos dint have room lol.

Guess some of us luckier than others, just hope the luck carries through

GrowinGreen said:
I've actually stopped using superthrive anyway- found this organic alternative for a root inoculant- works real good and is super cheap

:confused: What type or brand is it ? if homemade how do you make it? I'll :48: :tokie:with you, you share info.

I dunno what growing' is useing, but "willow water" is a good alternative to chemical or commercial rooting agents.
The bark of willows contains a "natural" rooting hormone.
I'm sure "google" could further elaborate :)

Willow Trees

All Willow trees contain a naturally occurring chemical called indolebutyric acid or IBA. By collecting and boiling fresh twigs from the willow it is possible to extract this chemical and use it as a rooting compound.

How to extract hormone from Willow Bark

Cut some stems from a young branch and chop them into lengths of 75-100mm (3-4 inches). A bunch of stems held in your hand allowing you to connect your fingers and thumbs around the outside will make about 4.5 litres (1 gallon).

Boil a kettle and prepare a plastic container that has ideally been sterilised - boiling hot water or microwaved. Put in your willow and pour over the (4.5 litres) boiling water. You now need to cover the plastic container. I use cling film but a cloth is ok.

Leave the solution to stand overnight. The indolebutyric acid will be released into the water.
Now, seal up the container and make sure you label it. Pop it into the fridge to keep fresh until it is needed.

Using your solution

When you have prepared your cuttings it is best to stand the tips that will be inserted into the compost in the solution overnight. Doing this will cause an infusion into the bark and stem, inhibiting infection and encouraging growth.

It is best to pour out what you need when you need it so as not to contaminate your supply. This will ensure your batch will remain viable for 2-3 months. However, it is so easy and cost free to make to make that you can knock up a fresh batch every week if required.

FREE is good in my eyes ;)

In the UK they are commonly called Weeping Willow. another name is Willow ~ Salix.

:peace:

2 ww.JPG

Latest posts

Back