Molasses/Epsom salt per Quart of Water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
I just went out and bought these for the first time. I usually water with 1 quart of water per pot. How much molasses and Epsom salt should I dilute with the quart of water? Thanks guys.

like HIE said if in flower i use 1/4 tsp/gal & molasses (blackstrap) 1 tbsp/gal. i only dose twice in flower w/ epsom. usually 2nd & 6th wks. dont know if really needed, never showed signs, but puts mind @ ease. if youre useing top end ferts then most have some already in there somewhere in their line. imo. be careful w/ epsom too much can lockout other nutes. heres a link for trouble shooting hxxp://www.onlinepot.org/grow/diagnosingplantgrowingproblems.htm

HippyInEngland said:
Hello omnigr33n :)

Why the Epsom?

Are your plant/s in flower?

Yes currently I have an indica (in MG soil) and what seems like a sativa/indica hybrid strain (inorganic soil) both in their 4th week of flower. They are also tied down. I would've thought they would become huge, but they are staying relatively the same height with multiple bud sites. The sativa strain has smaller multiple bud sites, but also one main cola with a thick stem. I figured adding a little epsom shouldn't hurt the plants.

The sativa hybrid was yellowing for the longest until I flushed and started adding bloom nutes to it. Slowly but surely more and more of the plant is becoming green again. Though the fan leaves are still somewhat white/yellow, they atleast arent dying. I know they eventually will towards the end of my flowering cycle I am sure.

docfishwrinkle said:
like HIE said if in flower i use 1/4 tsp/gal & molasses (blackstrap) 1 tbsp/gal. i only dose twice in flower w/ epsom. usually 2nd & 6th wks. dont know if really needed, never showed signs, but puts mind @ ease. if youre useing top end ferts then most have some already in there somewhere in their line. imo

Wait so then if I am watering with 1 quart I would need to use 1/16 a teaspoon of Epsom salt? LoL..how the heck am I going to do that? Is blackstrap a brand name? I just got some Grandmas Gold Standard unsulphured molasses because that is literally all they had. The one and only bottle was on the shelf.

Molasses is supposed to be like gooey right?

yes... molassis is gooey... just make up your solutions in the gal size (melt the tbls in a little hot water, then add it to the gal of water), then water with only a quart of it... :doh:

...and blackstrap molassis is just a type of molassis... not a brand name:giggle:

Latest posts

Back