Mono's 1st grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoNoXiDe

Reaction score
I started the germination tonight. Paper towel and baggie method.
2 Super Skunk 2 Kali 47 and 1 Pineapple Punch.

2 mother plants will stay behind to clone from Super Skunk and Kali 47. The 3 others will continue to the flower tent.

I chose Pro Mix HP as my medium. GH Nutes.

I am just going to LST for my first grow. I will scrog next grow.

Good Luck.

Before keeping mothers I would run to completion to be sure they are worthy of being mothers. Some girls look great but no kick.

day 2 of germination, Pineapple Punch broke through. The rest haven't.

Congrats on getting your first grow up and going.

I don't keep mothers--I just don't have room. I take clones from clones. I have done this for years and years. Some strains have gone 5 years before they start losing vigor.

I can't seem to post pics. idk

I'll do it like this i guess.

This is the Kali 47 or AK Mist

hxxp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7430/10893948455_11db6fa934_z.jpg

Super Skunk

hxxp://farm4.staticflickr.com/3727/10893995766_4bdcd77c08_z.jpg

Pineapple Punch

hxxp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7401/10894266603_406c58fd44_z.jpg

I think I might wait until the morning to bury them.

Most pictures are too large to post on here, especially if you have a high megapixel camera. I use, and I'm pretty sure a lot of others on here also use Picasa.

Good luck with your grow! What do you have for your lighting?

I went ahead and put them in rr plugs. Surrounded by the medium and watered them in. 1 super skunk didn't break through yet. It looked like it was about to. I turned off 3/6 of the t5 bulbs. There sitting about 4-5 inches away. I put a dome over them too, not sure if that was needed or not.

Is it weird to have 7 ph out of my tap?

no thats about where most public water co run there PH to help neutralize corrosion in pipes

6.5 pH for soil
5.8 pH for hydro

I never put them in the hydro unit until they are sprouted and have good root growth through the rapid rooters. It is too hard to control the moisture otherwise. If it is top drip and the rrs are too wet, the seeds will not sprout, but just rot in the medium. I don't use a dome with seedlings.

Read up on pH--seems you have some misconceptions there and proper pH is critical when doing hydro. However, it has to do with nutrient uptake, so while the seedlings are sprouting, water that is 7 whould be fine. Here is a chart that shows nutrient uptake at different pH levels. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1833&d=1141100090

So, I should pull the plugs out of the medium. I didnt have the propagation tray to put the plugs in. Home Depot and Lowes said we will closer to spring.

4/5 sprouted. 3/4 have there 1st 2 leafs. the strange thing is, is the first one to actually break through the soil, is only showing greenish white stem. Its like it broke through without its leafs and is sitting there doing nothing. Any ideas? its been like that for about 2 days. The other 3 are up and looking good.

i figured out what happened to the one that was growing funny. It was upside down. The roots were growing up and the leafs were down in the rr. I took some tweezers and pull it out and stuck the root back down in the rr. Hopefully it will be ok.

Well its 2 weeks into veg, I've had 3 out of my 6 bulbs on. When would be a good time to start turning more on?

now... only about the first week is when the seedlings dont need full light, bump that up to a full fixturer and ride it out till flower, if they have their 2nd set of actual leaves (a set of 3 bladed leaves) they should be able to handle the full light fixture, heck i had my seedlings under my 4bulb 4ft T5 fixture about a day after they broke soil, i kept them about 12 inches from the light for the first do so it would stretch a tiny bit so the first set of leaves wasnt right at soil level, that way when i transplant i dont have to worry about covering up growth tips and/or nodes, after a day of being a foot away i move them up to about 4 inches away from the bulbs and let them sit there for a few weeks, by the time they are an inch away they usualy have about 4 sets of leaves already. then ill lower the plant as needed after that.

Is 6 bulbs overkill for as little as they are? You have 4 on.

well as long as your giving them the minimum Lum required then i suppose its fine, more helps prevent veg stretch, id go with em all after the 2nd set of leaves is out and the 3rd set is growing in. as long as you dont have a major heat issue from 6 bulbs and are able to keep the fixture close and that they are at least older then a week or 2 theres no reason they cant handle full light.

Latest posts

Back