Mono's 1st grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You click on edit and the picture is huge, then you go and hit resize and click 30... Then look at the bottom of the page and it will tell you the size the picture now is...just so it is under like 900 it should be ok.

sorry for the spam. Just trying to get it working.

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

Awesome MoNoXiDe! Thanks for getting some pics up!
Yours plants look llike there may be something wrong. Im sure they will be fine but ima look through your journal and see if I can find something. Good Luck and green mojo to your babies!

well first off a few questions so we can help more accuretly, so how old are they? have you started feeding with 1/4 strength nutes yet?
first off the larger 3 look like they could use a transplant, safe bet to say that if the plants leaves have extended to/over the edge of your cup then so have to roots, transplant time.
also the yellowing, depending on the age they could be crying out for food.
there could also be a pH problem, im not partial to pH problems as i grow organic and dont worry about it since the microbes do the adjusting for me.
humidity problem? i see none, the past month and a half since we started getting colder weather iv been down in the mid to low 20% RH and the plants dont seem to have even noticed, only down fall with low RH is when cloning youll need a dome of some sort to keep the RH in the 70%s, other then that they are absoutly fine.
as for the bulb, did you have the bulb IN the fixture simply turned so its off or did you compleatly take it OUT of the fixture? you may have knocked it taking it out/putting it in or if you left it in it could have gone bad from a partial connection for an extended period of time. and the 6500k is fine, thats the sweet spot for veg.

ooh side note, lower humidity could effect the wet/dry cycle of the plant, it could increase the speed at which the soil drys out so its not a big problem just stay ontop of things and keep an eye on them until the are in larger pots then it will be easier to keep them on a proper cycle, eariler in the year with around 50% RH i was watering about every 3 days, sometimes every 2 days during the really hot weeks, now with hovering in the 20%s RH im watering every 2 days. youll get used to the wet/dry cycle as your grow progresses. as ozzy said dont worry too much about low RH, its the HIGH RH that is the nasty nasty killer of crops, since at high RH both insects and molds/rots thrive you wanna keep it down.

i started them from seeds on the 13th. Put them in rr's on the 16th. sprouted through dirt on the 18th. the little one sprouted the roots up and the leafs in the dirt. I had to pull it out and put it back in root down. Thats why it is much smaller than the rest. so today they are 2 weeks old exactly "from the day they broke through dirt"

Yes, my bad on the light, I didnt realize you couldn't leave them in with a half twist. Its crazy, I can just about buy a 4 bulb sunblaze for the same amount it is to buy a 4 pack of bulbs.

Last night I just put them up closer to the light. They were about 6-8" away, i put them about 3" away now.

No, they haven't had nutrients yet. However, I do have there new homes ready to transplant. I wanted to transplant them first before giving there first feast. Also wanted to check with ya'll to see if its ok to feed this early.

You are doing fine...breathe... don't worry, your first grow is really scary.

What are you planting them in now?

This is where I didn't think it out. My thoughts were to solo cup the 1st 2 weeks, switch them to half gallon jugs for 2-3 more weeks, then sink them in there final 7 gallon buckets until there ready for the flower tent. I dont know that I will have the room for the 7 gallon pots in my veg room.

What kind of soil are you using when you transplant?

If you use jugs, make sure you have holes on the bottom and up the sides a little ways. 7 gallons is really big. Most of us use 3 or 5 gallon pots..I use smart pots. I use fox farm soil, happy frog and that has nutes in it to last three weeks.

MoNoXiDe said:
This is where I didn't think it out. My thoughts were to solo cup the 1st 2 weeks, switch them to half gallon jugs for 2-3 more weeks, then sink them in there final 7 gallon buckets until there ready for the flower tent. I dont know that I will have the room for the 7 gallon pots in my veg room.

I do almost the exact same as you but i go from seed to beer cup..for 4-5 weeks then into 4 gal pot...their final resting place....i just figure less stress on them and avoiding a phase of transplanting....IMO.but hey whatever works for you is good....Keep it up!!!

Rosebud said:
What kind of soil are you using when you transplant?

If you use jugs, make sure you have holes on the bottom and up the sides a little ways. 7 gallons is really big. Most of us use 3 or 5 gallon pots..I use smart pots. I use fox farm soil, happy frog and that has nutes in it to last three weeks.

I know there big. I'm only guessing there 7 gallon because they look bigger then a 5 gallon bucket.

I am using Promix HP with perlite and dolomite lime. 2/3 Promix 1/3 perlite and a small handful of dolomite

greenjoe said:
I do almost the exact same as you but i go from seed to beer cup..for 4-5 weeks then into 4 gal pot...their final resting place....i just figure less stress on them and avoiding a phase of transplanting....IMO.but hey whatever works for you is good....Keep it up!!!

so you leave yours in a cup for 4-5 weeks?

would it be ok to go from solo cup to 3 gallon to complete the veg cycle and then transplant to the 5-7 gallon for flowering. or is that going to be too much stress?

yes.....but i find i have to keep up on the watering almost daily when they get to like close to 4 weeks...if not they do this...................
none died as they are the ones i am finishing now...these ones were at 4 weeks

DSC08444.JPG

MoNoXiDe said:
would it be ok to go from solo cup to 3 gallon to complete the veg cycle and then transplant to the 5-7 gallon for flowering. or is that going to be too much stress?

That would be fine. I hate to waste soil on boys so i keep mine in one gallon bags till they tell me what they are.

Rosebud said:
That would be fine. I hate to waste soil on boys so i keep mine in one gallon bags till they tell me what they are.

I buy feminized seeds. Is there still a chance of getting boys?

Latest posts

Back