Mono's 1st grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of my plants is already showing white hairs. there just 3 weeks old. uncommon or common? anything to worry about?

hey monoxide just got up on your tread i see you just getting this going. your doing good so far just remember. the less you mess with your plants the better they will do. and some time plants do show pre hairs at this time i would guess it depends on the genes.

MoNoXiDe said:
Would a simple grill be ok for fresh air intake? I would think I would lose a lot of cool air in the summer time with a grill installed into the wall. Any other route I can take?

Hey Mono I am pretty sure he was just saying you need a supply of fresh air coming into the room. It doesn't need to be a powered intake. Usually just having a filtered opening is enough. The vacuum created from your exhaust fan will suck air through your passive intake. That's awesome you built a room for your grow! I always wanted to do that and then make a hidden passage into it behind a bookshelf with the book lever and everything.:D
Anyway good luck and green mojo.

I don't really know enough about the room you built from the picture to be sure what your best option is but if it was me I would probably be looking into getting a vent from Home Depot or something to put at the bottom of the wall on the side the dresser is on. Then I would run some ducting from that. It will look just like any other HVAC vent from the outside. The ducting is important because you can control where there air goes and if you need to you can loop it around so no light is coming out of the vent.

7thG said:
I don't really know enough about the room you built from the picture to be sure what your best option is but if it was me I would probably be looking into getting a vent from Home Depot or something to put at the bottom of the wall on the side the dresser is on. Then I would run some ducting from that. It will look just like any other HVAC vent from the outside. The ducting is important because you can control where there air goes and if you need to you can loop it around so no light is coming out of the vent.

thanks! I really don't mind light coming into the room. The flowering will be in the tent still.

I will just hook up a small vent. I need to replace a vent inside my house anyway. I'l buy a new one for that and take the old one and use it on this.

MoNoXiDe said:
one of my plants is already showing white hairs. there just 3 weeks old. uncommon or common? anything to worry about?

This is very uncommon unless it is an auto. I have found that a lot of new growers mistake new growth for pistils. Be patient as time will tell.

The Hemp Goddess said:
This is very uncommon unless it is an auto. I have found that a lot of new growers mistake new growth for pistils. Be patient as time will tell.

I went back and looked at the strain. The company is called Auto Seeds, Pineapple Punch. I'm thinking maybe it is a auto.

with an auto the general consensus is 20/4 all the way through for optimal growth. but for people who like to run photo period plants, conforming your light schedule to an auto just become a hassle. i've grown 2 so far, and they both did fine under 24/0 for 3-4 weeks, and 12/12 the rest of the way. it has a set life cycle, so its most likely not going to get very big away.

i looked up the strain. it says 65-80days, so just count off the days and start checking trichs at 65days. cut her down when u think she is done

:48: SB

ShOrTbUs said:
with an auto the general consensus is 20/4 all the way through for optimal growth. but for people who like to run photo period plants, conforming your light schedule to an auto just become a hassle. i've grown 2 so far, and they both did fine under 24/0 for 3-4 weeks, and 12/12 the rest of the way. it has a set life cycle, so its most likely not going to get very big away.

i looked up the strain. it says 65-80days, so just count off the days and start checking trichs at 65days. cut her down when u think she is done

:48: SB

i thought that was 65-80 days in flower tent.

typicaly yes it is, how ever autos have a finite life span, which is as they say 65-80 days, after that estimated life span the plant will start to die, it may last a week or 2 longer but not much after that. also i recommend DEEP pots, 18inches deep is the sweet spot it seems for autos, every picture iv seen of other peoples autos in smaller pots and/or on 12/12 light schedule are only about 1/3 the size of the autos iv got going right now, usualy i see 1 main cola with 4 side branches that are like a quarter the size of the main cola. iv got at least 10+ side branches on all 5 of my autos, plus massive main colas. so i highly suggest deep pots to make them at least worth the while, if this is all your running at the moment it might be a good idea to go with 20/4 instead of 12/12, youll get better end results especialy when comboed with deep pots.

Here are some updates on the cabinet in the new room. I am almost ready to move everything in there.

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

i just spent the morning transplanting the ladies into 5 gallon smart pots.

I moved the ladies to the new cabinet. I still have to move the flower tent and the inline fan.

IMG_1140.JPG

MoNoXiDe said:
I moved the ladies to the new cabinet. I still have to move the flower tent and the inline fan.

as the plant's grow you can fold down the rim of the smart pots so that it's only like a 1/2" from the top of the soil. makes it easier for trimming and watering when they begin to get wider.

Latest posts

Back