Monster Grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well she's filling in nicely! She certainly sucks the majority of the water outta the bubbler can in a day though.

MG-A.JPG

MG-B.JPG

MG-C.JPG

This is such a fun thread, hehe :D I am hoping that it isnt too late to join in and give it a go for myself! :) Looks like a really good lesson on watering and plant care with such a small container, and I love a challenge :rolleyes:

So I drove all over town looking for a 32ounce monster can. Finally I gave up and headed home after 2 hours of driving. Had to stop for gas just before getting home and low and behold they had one 32 ounce can, lol. Yes I drove past this same gas station on the way out looking for a can too, hindsight is 20/20 as they say :D

I started right out almost killing the seedling from overwatering. I had started the seed in rockwool the day before getting the can, then when I added the soil I over saturated the new soil a bit and the rockwool acted like a sponge and soaked up all the water, leaving the new seedling sitting in a pool of water. But I think it is going to pull through now after drying it a bit :) still a little yellow from all the water.

So here it is, my LA Confidential x Skunk free attitude xmas seed :)

Warfish

monster12-21.JPG

4u2sm0ke said:
Dam nice Job Monkey...mojo for the finish:lama:
Thanks a bunch 4U! It's been a lesson in patience. The PH fight has been a struggle but i think she's gonna make it to the end. (and hopefully be nice and filled out when she gets there!)

Warfish! How great that you're joining the grow. I'm stoked to have you here with us. You're gonna learn a lot from this grow--as you already did from the rockwool and overwatering. If you've overwatered, tip the can on its side and elevate the top just an inch or so, and it will drain out nicely within an hour or so.

I had to laugh at how you went bopping all over town looking for the 32 oz cans and finally found one quite by accident after you'd about given up. That's EXACTLY what happened to me! And when my hubby stopped at the last convenience store to pick up a Redbox video, he spotted them in the cooler. KISMET! Now, how did you end up getting the top off? I sure struggled with THAT.

I'm going to be joining you very quickly, as I'll be popping my beans in my monster can today. You motivated me to get my butt in gear.

Good Luck on your grow!

Monkey, Darn Fine Job!!!! Congrats!!! That PH stuff is sure a struggle at times, isn't it? Clapping for you---you did great!

Mojave,
I'm excited to give this a shot as well :)
As far as the top of the can goes I used a dremel to cut it out and then smooth the edges so I dont cut myself on it. I couldnt think of any normal household item to cut it out with smoothly.
Thanks for the warm welcome to the monster group, Mojave :)

Warfish

:ciao: warfish...welcome and heres some MOJO for your Monster:lama: I think you was the second player now that went on a Mad search:spit: Glad ya found one..part of the eniciation(sp) is ya have to chug the whole thing then start seeds:rofl:

mojave.....does no one use a can opener:doh: I have one that removes lid and no sharp edges...even 4u2jr could operate it..:p

4u2smoke, Thank you for the mojo :D

It looks like I saved the poor lil one from drowning. It's starting to green up nicely :)
Warfish

12-25monster.JPG

Wow, Rude! She's a BEAUTY!!! Whoooooo!!!!! Cheering wildly....
Clapping loudly!

And way to go, War---you saved her from drowning. Yeaaa!

Thanx for the compliments 4U , MM , & Monkey....I figure she still has a good 4 weeks til she'll be ready to bust outta her can ....Good luck to all remaining contestants....

EZ&SAFE

Rude, I'm just so impressed at how healthy she looks--no burned tips, no yellow leaves, she's just OUTSTANDING! Listen, take a bow--you deserve it. I swear, I'd be wheeling on the ceiling if my monster looked this good!

She is a beauty. I nute burned mine with a light dose of Roots Grow. She will survive, but thrive? Maybe not. At least I didn't kill her off like .......lmao

Benny, I'll just bet she'll surprise you, and not only survive, but thrive!
Don't give up on her.

mojavemama said:
Rude, I'm just so impressed at how healthy she looks--no burned tips, no yellow leaves, she's just OUTSTANDING! Listen, take a bow--you deserve it. I swear, I'd be wheeling on the ceiling if my monster looked this good!

Yeah i really didn't even notice ...LOL.... She is deffinetly the slowest growing plant i've ever grown ... She is on full nutes also ... FLORA NOVA GROW & BLOOM i been using with a lil bit of SUPER THRIVE for good measure ... She is just in a starter plug and the can is completely filled with Hydrotron pebbles ... I also drilled a few holes in the bottom of the can so i didn't drowned her...Anyhow thanx again for the kind words & i'll keep ya posted on my lil Monster Gal....

EZ&SAFE

Awesome, monkeybusiness!!! She looks real healthy and happy. She got quite bushy for such a small container.

HazeMe

Latest posts

Back