Mother plants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it takes too long for my moms to become woody like years long, new growth is always good to clone from

smoky anda bandit said:
Thanks for all the responces, but let me ask all of you that keep moms. Do the stems on your moms get woody? They do on mine and it makes it difficult to clone. How do i deal with that? Just keep pruning so that the growth is always new? idk

Ive never even thought about "woody stems"?

I always take clones from the tops anyway and its always new growth.

The only thing that becomes a problem is if you just keep mowing it down is it becomes very thick with very small stems and small leaves, I have trouble cloning the very small and weaker stems.

Thats why you need to completely remove a lot of the interior of the plant to thin it out. My mom plant stand about 2.5 -[ 3 feet tall.

Wow, thanks everybody for the responces. I guess its gonna be trial and error to keep her trim and fit.

I just flowered my three year old moms. Had about 7 of them.

4 went inside, and 3 went outdoors for od crop.

Massive.

I took clones for moms before finishing.
Some strains I have I will NEVER let go of, meaning I will always have a mom or TWO.

Cinderella is one of those.

I hope I get a keeper cindy out of the 6 i have right now!

legalize_freedom said:
I kept 3 mothers for a few yrs, I don't see how it's a PITA. it's not any different than some people haveing house plants.

LOL--if I could keep them in the livingroom like I do my houseplants, it wouldn't be a pita. I simply have no good place to keep them.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--if I could keep them in the livingroom like I do my houseplants, it wouldn't be a pita. I simply have no good place to keep them.

You could tell them it's a Japanese Maple with an odor problem.:hubba: :rofl:

DD

Sometimes we would set the romulan in the corner of the room because of the dense stalk, and thick, mushroom outline canopy.

It could only be out there for a few hours, too dark.
But wow, talk about a convo starter.

Droopy Dog said:
You could tell them it's a Japanese Maple with an odor problem.:hubba: :rofl:

DD

LOL--Unfortunately ALL my friends would see right through that one.

Latest posts

Back