Moving and need advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draston

Reaction score
I'm a return poster from a few months back. I used to read the forum daily but I slacked off once I had to stop smoking because of an upcoming job application that they do hair testing at (2 months and counting sober :) ). Anyways, we are moving and we have a new large room to do laundry in the new house and I planning on making some type of box to grow in but see here comes the problem.

At the house we curently live at I had a grow of 6 plants and wasn't scared of getting caught because we had lived there for a full year and knew how our landlord was. In the new house I need to also build a small cab because I don't want to use my closet.

Thing is I don't have a lot of money so I was trying to figure out if I could somehow rig up cardboard and line the inside with tinfoil to reflect the light inside? Would that even work? I'm going to get a 400 watt hps system to boot so would that create enough heat to cause a fire hazard? Should I just spring for some cheap 2 x 4's and some particle board at wally world and just build a small inexpensive cab?

Also instead of growing 6 plants this go I'm going to go with only 4 and I want to grow them for 3 months total so I'm looking at 1 month veggie 24/7 and then 2 months of 12/12. My last grow I did 2 months 24/7 and 2 months 12/12.

Another question I have is do you think it would be in my best intrest to do LST or single coal growing or should I just let the plants grow normally since its only 1 month veggie and they won't get that large.

Wally world or Lowes/HDePOT may have a cheap cabinet that would serve your purpose.
...but "IMHO"..avoid the cardboard box idea. that's a housefire just waiting for oppurtunity..

like hick said spring for the wood and build 1just make shure what ever ur gonna build it suites ur needs like u no tho if ur not going to lst u will have to build the box bigger than if u weree doin lst i dont no much about lst so i dont no time lines but im shure some one else will chime in good luck tho and hope u enjoy ur new home and have a buitifull grow

If you live near a city or large town, check out consignment stores, habitat for humanity, thrift stores, antique stores, and goodwill. You can find some old cabs cheap ;)
Plus gives ya something to do on a saturday ;)

Mutt said:
If you live near a city or large town, check out consignment stores, habitat for humanity, thrift stores, antique stores, and goodwill. You can find some old cabs cheap ;)
Plus gives ya something to do on a saturday ;)

what would I be looking for specifically to turn into a cab from a goodwill?

Draston said:
what would I be looking for specifically to turn into a cab from a goodwill?

You want a cabinet that is going to fix your growing needs.. This will primarily depend on how much lighting you are going to be using (ex: the more light you have the bigger the cabinet you can use because of lumens to grow area size ratio) You will probably want something you can cut the back or sides out a little so you have get some proper ventalation in there as well. Other than that it all depends on how many plants you are trying to grow along with how big you are wanting to get them.. Hope that helped i think this is what you were asking :)

I'm looking to grow 4 babies for 1 month veg and 2 months flower. I'm going to be using a 400 watt HPS system. I dunno how much 2x4's run at lowes or particle board. I'm thinking something really really cheapt o build. Maybe a small rectangular frame and then just cut a solid panel in the back and sides and 2 doors in the front with a lock over them on cheap henges. I could probably put rubber around the back of the doors so that they trap light in. I'd also spraypaint the inside solid white.

Latest posts

Back