My first grow (Ak/Strawberry Kush/Mowie Wowie)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MY_WEED_KNOWS_NO_LIMITS

Reaction score
I got my heating problems out of the way for now. MY setup up is going nicley now. I am running these clones under a 1000w high pressure for 16 hours a day, then i give it another 4 hours of the T5. Then i let it sleep for 4 hours. I will probably continue this for a week, then get rid of the T5. This is my first grow and any help is appreciated. Thanks again. The temp is between 76 - 80 with roughly 35% to 50% humidity.

Strains

Mama Cita
Strawberry Kush
AK-47
Maui Wowie

Nutrients

Advanced nutrients (Iguana Grow + flower)
Natural PH up

9/6

Pictures Start a couple post below.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

it probably didnt post the pics because they are too big jus right click them edit and resize them...that is a lot of light power for little clones. mine get a floresent.

Do you hve it in a cool tube? I put my 600 in a cool tube with an inline fan and my heat issues went away...

Do you have an air cooled hood ? That alone can drop temps dramaticly !
An AC unit of that size may be to much IMO,

Do you have good ventilation ? You can move air arround, but if it is hot and stagnet it does no good !

Here are the pics i am having trouble getting close ups.

CIMG1690.JPG

CIMG1696.JPG

they look pretty good!

That is good ! Do you have an exhaust to get the warm air out ? The air must flow or your humidity will be off the charts in a space of that size !
Im just trying to steer you in the right direction, so thats why I am asking !

is that an aircooled hood I see?? You need to hook that up to an inline fan...

K thats what i have been waiting to hear. Will that take my heat down? I am running so hot i had to abandon ship with the 1000w til i figure something out

I took off the glass on the air hood in an attempt to cool. Will i have to seal that back up to be air tight? is that important once i get the inline fan?

Yes...put the glass back in and seal it up...then get yourself a good inline fan and hook it up with some duct work...it will get your temps down big time...

:yeahthat: you will be amazed at how much heat you will get rid of, I set my central heating and air to 73 F and with an air cooled hood, and a fan in a 10' x 12' I am at arround that exact temp with a 1000 HPS, and I live in a hot part of Ca. Cool that light no kidding !

I am noticing little burn like areas on some of my leaves. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

MY temp has been at about 82 with 40% humidity.
I just moved the light up an inch (Total about 4 1/2" with a t5 to the tops, to be safe for now.)
I also am going to cool the room 5 degrees or so.

You think it is bugs?

Thanks

I need Some help with these leaves whats going on. It looks like they will make it, but i would like to correct it if possible. Also is it ok to cut the leaves before the spots to avios spreading? Can i cut off dead leaves?

Here are some pics. Look at the p[lant in the bottom right, it has a couple leaves with wierd spots. A couple of the other ones have smaller spots now. Can i cut dead leaves off at the stem? Can i cut half of the leaf off?

Thanks for the help guys this is my first grow.

Oh yea i just got my other plants MAMA CITA for the fourth strain. Is there anyway to edit my title?

CIMG1777.JPG

CIMG1778.JPG

CIMG1771.JPG

Look at the close up of the one plant, can i cut that dead leaf off?
These spots are giving me anxiety, i dont know if it is chemical burns, light burns, some sort of deficencey? urghhh!!

One more thing the 1000w is up and running got a new fan and am now venting into attic. MY cooling problems are gone.

Why have you got such little babies under a 1000W hps when you have a T5:confused: ? Take that 1000w out of there until those babies are bigger. You can keep the T5 within inches of the top of the plants without damage and get lush bushy plants with close internodal spacing. A small fan will most likely keep it cool enough. I think the 1000W is a big part of your problems...

I just found some good lit. on watering. I have been over watering these plants keeping the soil moist. OOPS, Luckily they are ok and i have corrected the problem. I also cut back from my 1/2 strength nutrient solution. I went from 1/8 strength solution to 1/2 really quick. I have only been keeping that 1000w running for about 16 hours, then i hit them with the T5 for 4 hours. Then sleep them for another 4. I now have my temp under control anywhere from 74 to 82 F. Humidty 35% to 50%. The plants already look a little bit better. ITs only been a day im going to take a look and see if they made more improvement. If they didnt im going to pull out the 1000w for a while like hemp goddess suggested. Thanks for the help by the way.

MY_WEED_KNOWS_NO_LIMITS said:
I need Some help with these leaves whats going on. It looks like they will make it, but i would like to correct it if possible. Also is it ok to cut the leaves before the spots to avios spreading? Can i cut off dead leaves?

Here are some pics. Look at the p[lant in the bottom right, it has a couple leaves with wierd spots. A couple of the other ones have smaller spots now. Can i cut dead leaves off at the stem? Can i cut half of the leaf off?

Thanks for the help guys this is my first grow.

Oh yea i just got my other plants MAMA CITA for the fourth strain. Is there anyway to edit my title?

hey there no limits look bro or sis idk... but i do know what u need to do IMO lol.. DOCTORS ORDERS lol
1. save u some energy=money(1000w:eek: )lol... all that juice you don't need for now(u need 7,000 per square feet you are using 140,000 lumens with da 1000wHID), for bigger plants veging or blooming wow big crop:cool: NICE! insted why don't u put away the 1000watter(4 now pull out it later) n add to ur t5 get some cheap CFL or MH with little heat usin a lot less wattege n right spectrum then u just need a small fan set it to low when theyre little bigger turn it to med. n eventually to max. the fan also helps grow strong stems. the blue spectrom in the MH or CFL is used to veg. get that n it will grow u monsters!!!

2. over water can be a problem so i'm glad u made the correction n also the nute correction go easy on the nutes till u see how much u can push;) . change is good. I like to let plants get a little dry they get more air the way... now never let them get fully dry they can die (u can stick u finger about an inch or two and see if is moist)... water as need it. and thats what bring me to my next recomendation

3.its a bit harder for me to tell how much to water the small plant in a big container for ur size pots maybe every day or every other day... I start my seeds or clones on jeffy pellets until it shows roots on the bottom or the side then I carefuly transplant in medium size pot, no shock to the plants there then after a few weeks thats when I carefully transplant into final pot.

4. and about the dead leafs go ahead cut all the dead material(the parts that are brown sometimes even dried) I also lo cut the leafs that sre too yealowish u can cut parts or whole leafs as long as is dead or yellow beyond recovery. make sure u clean well whatever ur using to make the cuts i recommend something sharp that makes a clean cut, make it a one clean cut (don't pull on the plant as ur cutting that can cause stress)

experience will let you know whats best to grow bigger healthier plants its not always the size that matters u need 3 things

*proper light
*proper ventilation
*proper nutrient water(if soil a lot of nutrients are there all ready... soil or hydro i still use the most nutes i can n push her to her limits...

hope that helps check out my little blue dream girl...:watchplant:

Latest posts

Back