My first grow, give me some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might need to have a space heater in there to bring the temps up. You could have it on a timer so it kicks in and out every so often. Be advised some space heaters eat up 2000 + watts. Whats temps are you facing when the light is off?

If you do use a space heater in your grow area, please be very, very careful about how you use one.

A huge amount of houses burn down because of those things and having a bunch of bushy plants near one makes shivers run down my back.

Venting in some heat from one that was located in a safer place might be a good idea...

thanks guys, any other option? i hate to have a "heater" in there, but theres not really any other way to heat a place without a heater. so if i use a aquarium heater to heat the water, that prolly still wont be good enuff for the leaves and everything above the tute right?

TruTHC said:
thanks guys, any other option? i hate to have a "heater" in there, but theres not really any other way to heat a place without a heater. so if i use a aquarium heater to heat the water, that prolly still wont be good enuff for the leaves and everything above the tute right?
Actually, if you set your water temp to 72F, the plant will love you. If it gets below 50F above ground, you would want to think of some way to get heat into that area.

above ground meaning outside of my tote? i have another newbie question, the instruction on my rockwool package shows a picture with the white plastic covering all 4 sides of the cube in the water, so should i leave the plastic on or take it off? so what is the average room temp for mj? just wondering so i can have an idea of how long to leave the heater running

Latest posts

Back