My first grow has begun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, your thread really got highjacked LOL, and I missed it all. You lighting freaks like myself should look into LED's...NASA seems to think they are most efficient possible.

Yorker, your grow is looking great. IMO Fox Farms soils are the best, which one did you get? What color was the bag? You really won't need any ferts at all during veg.

Warm bulb is on right side in center fixture on right wall. ;)

ding ding ding ding...and tell the man what he's won Johnny Olson.

No crap on the hijacking thing. I'm a newbie so at first I thought all the responses were cool.

Well thanks to you EM, I've got a whole new world of information opening up on Overdriving all these light bulbs. Looks like I've still got lots of work to do. Wife is gonna be pissed when she sees the credit card statements this month! It's Fox Farms Potting Soil in a seafoam green bag. I swear the stuff smells cleaner then Oust Air Cleaner.

Whats up theyorker. Man you have really put some hard work into that cab of yours and may i say it looks great. What makes it even better is the fact that ya got some babies in that bad boy. ;) Your doing a great job mang keep it up. Hey man if ya want some of the stuff deleted in your journal just let me know.

Man, I tell ya Yorker, those girls are not going to need food at all till flower. I am growing WW right now too and she is a picky one...very low nutrient needs...trust me, FF soil will get you to bloom in 4 weeks, no problem. ;)

What happened to my posts? I did not delete them.

What I posted was germane to the question, polite, and took me hours to research.

I was motivated by a desire to help someone and this is the result?

What is even more insulting is the original wrong info stands. Why?

I had already said I was going to continue this on my own thread. The originator of this thread was not upset, so it just seems spiteful and unnecessary.

hmmmm seems as though mine we deleted as well. doesnt make a tread very useful is half the information in it has been deleted.

i see i need to just post in my own threads i guess and not respond trying to help others.

Well I've been letting them sit outside the last 3 days from around 9:00 to 3:00 getting natural sunshine. Today (Friday) I really gave them a good soaking. First watering since Tuesday and I won't water again until Monday. I'm locking up the closet for security for the whole weekend so I won't be looking in on them until Monday. I snapped some pictures so I can see how the growth is over the weekend. I'm hoping they will really sprout. They've grown a little bit since I transplanted them on Tuesday, but still seem to be growing slow. Alot of people have told me that once they hit the Fox Farms soil and they get over their shock from being transplanted, that I will see some nice growth. I'll have pictures on Monday showing the weekend growth. Have a great weekend and stay high!!!

Well I opened the closet today and the temp was 82 degrees and they plants were bone dry (when I stick my finger up the bottom of the pot, the dirt is dry. Otherwise they look good. Decent growth, very very compact. The weather man says 1 - 2" of rain today, so I have them outside on a cloudy day. This won't mess with their light cycle or anything will it? Pictures are coming soon. Later.

theyorker said:
Well I opened the closet today and the temp was 82 degrees and they plants were bone dry (when I stick my finger up the bottom of the pot, the dirt is dry. Otherwise they look good. Decent growth, very very compact. The weather man says 1 - 2" of rain today, so I have them outside on a cloudy day. This won't mess with their light cycle or anything will it? Pictures are coming soon. Later.

No worries on the cloudiness bro, that giant halide in the sky still gets plenty of lumens through for the girls. Not a bad idea to try and catch some of that rain water either....the ladies will love it.;)

Here are pictures of the plants.

Pics #1 & 2 - Plant #1, showing growth from Friday to Monday (today).

Pics #3, 4, 5 are Friday pics of plants 2, 3 & 4

Pic #6 - Plants 1, 2, 3, 4 on Monday morning.

Pic #7 - One of the plants with a set of keys for size comparison.

Four of the plants are really good looking strong plants. Six of them are average looking, nothing really good or bad about them. Two of them are just ugly. It'll be interesting to see how the plants early growth now compares to the finished product. I still have them outside and hoping for some soaking rain, otherwise I will give them a good drenching of lake water. No nutes.

The grow room is pretty much finished and I have another problem. I have such good airflow, that the opening for the intake is creating a vacuum noise in my office that would definately make someone ask, "what's that noise?" I'm not sure how I'll handle that but I guess I'll just try to keep people out of the room. Now I guess I get to sit and wait until late April or early May...wow seems like forever.

2-11-2007-07.jpg

2-11-2007-11.jpg

2-11-2007-02.jpg

2-11-2007-03.jpg

2-11-2007-04.jpg

2-11-2007-23.jpg

2-11-2007-20.jpg

WOO HOO!!! Went to Wally World and bought meself a digital camera. Here are some pics as of this morning.

The first pic is my best looking White Widow. I will tell you this if this one turns out to be a male, I will shed a tear. This plant looks like it's on steriods compared to the others.

The second pic is my tallest plant and is unknown.

The third and fourth are the 2 ugly ones.

Pics 5 and 6 show the first set of real leaves are turning yellow on some of the plants. I've read that when a plant doesn't have enough food it begins to "eat itself" and this yellowing can be a sign of that. So today I watered and I gave em their first real shot of nutes. I mixed for full label strength and then watered them well.

Pic 7 is a picture of all of the plants sitting out in the sun. I've been getting em about 6 hours of natural sunlight 3 - 4 days per week.

Pic 8 is a picture of the inside of my grow box.

Pic 9 you will see there are 4 sets of lights. If you double click on the picture and look at the 2 on the right and then the 2 on the left you will notice a difference in the intensity of the light. I placed a sheet of mylar behind the bulbs on the 2 on the right. Pretty cool.

What is amazing to me is that I treat the plants the same and some of them are super strong and healthy and others are just messed up. I guess same as life. Later.

HPIM0053.JPG

HPIM0054.JPG

HPIM0055.JPG

HPIM0056.JPG

HPIM0057.JPG

HPIM0058.JPG

HPIM0059.JPG

HPIM0019a.JPG

HPIM0023a.JPG

Well give me a new toy and what do you think I'm gonna do with it??? Here's more pics. I cut pieces of a hanger and made the hooks. Does everything look right? Also some close ups of them under the lights. I hope I didn't give them too many nutes today. The most I ever used was 2 tsps. Today I used 5 tsps in 5 gal of water. We'll see tommorrow. Later.

HPIM0060.JPG

HPIM0061.JPG

HPIM0064.JPG

HPIM0065.JPG

HPIM0066.JPG

HPIM0067.JPG

looking good yorker. Didn't know you could start LST right away like that. Good stuff we will be watching this as we are to are interested in the LST.

nice Ty,Try Not Puttin Your Lights Too Close to Your Babys Maybe Thats Why There Gitting Yelllow Spots on Them ,Whitch Means Burn Signs.

Where Yah Git Yah Seeds From,iV been looking for some seeds to buy,i live in usa is it possible?

SmokeGooD said:
Where Yah Git Yah Seeds From,iV been looking for some seeds to buy,i live in usa is it possible?

I did the special 10 White Widow + 10 assorted free for like $100. Took about 12 business days to arrive, and yes I'm in the US.
http://www.marijuana-seeds.net/

frankpeterson said:
looking good yorker. Didn't know you could start LST right away like that. Good stuff we will be watching this as we are to are interested in the LST.

TY Frank. I didn't know it either, but this one was growing so tall I had to do something.

Thatz Ty Nice WebSite , Post some pic of ur baby when u can okay

i am watching this grow too, but for different reasons, i am curious to see if his flouro tube setup can perform as well, if not better then HID lights.

i dont think with flouro tubes they could ever be too close, mine under flouros grew into the bulbs. they were growing up in between the bulbs with leaves touching and showed NO signs of light burn.

cyberquest said:
i dont think with flouro tubes they could ever be too close, mine under flouros grew into the bulbs. they were growing up in between the bulbs with leaves touching and showed NO signs of light burn.

I do the same thing CQ. Although I had one of them too close to the end of the tube and I burned the leaves. Have to be careful to keep the plants away from the ends of the tube.

Latest posts

Back