My first grow! Skunk #1!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asd3reff

Reaction score
Hello there! I'm in process of growing my Skunk #1 seeds! I bought them from Sensi Seed in Amsterdam. The seeds are not feminized. I also bought a Philips MASTER SON-T PIA Plus 400W HPS light. I'll use soil for growing. Hope i'll get the best advices and tips from you all users, during my grow process.
i just put the seeds to germinate (4 for the start), now 24 hours ago, nothing yet (should i worry?), and i bought 2 x 120W CFL, which i'll use them for the veg, and switch to HPS 400W when needed. I'll put the seeds in some little pots (soil) after germination, and as i read over the internet and on forums, i'll keep them in dark place till the sprout will show up, and intend to put those on the two CFL's, i don't know the intervals which i'll must keep the light on and off for the veg period (CFL period). I read many variants, and some says to keep the light 24/7! What you advice me?

gr_resize.jpg

21032007087.jpg

21032007088.jpg

while vegging keep the light on 24 hours or at least 18 with 6 off

i just put the seeds to germinate (4 for the start), now 24 hours ago, nothing yet (should i worry?),

Nah, nothing to worry about there asd3reff. Some of the little buggers can nearly take a week to come up.

Regarding the 24/7 lighting, it's down to personal preference really.
Some people leave em switched on all the time. That's what I'm doing at the moment.

18 hours of light and 6 hours darkness will save you some money and also give your lights a rest. It can also allow for things to cool down for a bit if you're having problems with temps.

Good luck with the grow.

thanks for replying. two of them already start to move, hope to do good!

Everything sounds good so far asd3reff. GREEN MOJO coming your way for the babies. Good luck on the grow. ;)

GreenMojo.JPG

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
GREEN MOJO is something you give to another member to help their plants grow. ;)

thanks then :D

updates... i guess it's not time yet to move them in to small pots

uu.JPG

It took me almost four days to get mine to tap out. When they finally did they broke completely out of the seed shells. haha. Looking good so far man.

i put them in little pots, and keep them in closet. I don't know what to say about lighting, when to switch those CFL's on!
What about watering the plants with mineral water gas free from the shop?

Also, need a little help. Just don't understand how to use this... i know i'll need it and the lighting period is about to start.
http://www.growkind.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=252559

t_19341.jpg

thanks for helping me using that device. however i did figure out myself.

updates:

fank.jpg

scrt.jpg

sddd.jpg

i'm lighting the plants with 18 hours of light, and 6 of dark. i understand that when they'll reach 10". i shall transplant them in bigget pots (5 gallons). when i shall start using 12/12 light? right after transplantation?

flip to 12/12 when u see alternading nodes or pre-flowers...good luck on ur grow man...im growin skunk #1 too...ill be following this,

7 days since i've put those seeds in paper towel (overall), and 4 since they are in this little pots

dd05je4.jpg

rami said:
flip to 12/12 when u see alternading nodes or pre-flowers...good luck on ur grow man...im growin skunk #1 too...ill be following this,

As english was not my primary language, and not even in school learned, can you please explain "alternating nodes" and "pre-flowers" ;)

asd3reff said:
As english was not my primary language, and not even in school learned, can you please explain "alternating nodes" and "pre-flowers" ;)
OK alternating nodes is when the leaves are no longer growing straight across from each other. This can take between 6 and 8 weeks depending on strain maybe sooner. Here is a pic provided by EvryScarHasAStry. Pre flowers show the plants sex before putting them into flower. This can happen between 6 and 8 weeks depending on strain maybe sooner. You can usually find them about 4 nodes up the plant. Here is a link that will show you pre flowers, male flowers, female flowers, and a hermie. Hope this helps ya. ;) http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2026

1plants0325.JPG

TBG, so you say that i can find out which are females before transplanting them in to bigger (final) pots? That will be great because it will save me soil. I understand that in the last days of veg, i'll find out the females, transplant and 12/12 starts?

asd3reff said:
TBG, so you say that i can find out which are females before transplanting them in to bigger (final) pots? That will be great because it will save me soil. I understand that in the last days of veg, i'll find out the females, transplant and 12/12 starts?
Well that depends on how big your pots are now. In 6 to 8 weeks maybe sooner you should see some signs of pre flowers then you can weed out the males and toss the females into flower. That's what we do. ;) I was just looking at your pics and i would transplant them into something else and bury the stems right up to the leaves. Like this pic.

100_7930.jpg

"I was just looking at your pics and i would transplant them into something else and bury the stems right up to the leaves. Like this pic."

can you be more specific?

Latest posts

Back