My first grow! Skunk #1!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also.. i've been told to LST the plant... is that what she needs?

What T.B.G. is saying is to bury your stretch so you do not have a tall plant repott it and bury the stem almost up to the leaves of the plant. I personnaly don't wait for alternating nodes to flower I flower at certain heights depending on strain! A trained eye can tell sex quit a bit earlier than an untrained eye don't go culling any fems bro. They will not have any viable pollen for a long time anyway. With 18/6 you should be able to tell sooner! Hope part of this helps? Take care, 55

55DAYZNCOUNTIN said:
What T.B.G. is saying is to bury your stretch so you do not have a tall plant repott it and bury the stem almost up to the leaves of the plant. I personnaly don't wait for alternating nodes to flower I flower at certain heights depending on strain! A trained eye can tell sex quit a bit earlier than an untrained eye don't go culling any fems bro. They will not have any viable pollen for a long time anyway. With 18/6 you should be able to tell sooner! Hope part of this helps? Take care, 55

i understand to bury the plant so stem will be 70% in soil.
second...you said you don't wait for alternating nodes to flower, so you flower depending certain heights and strain type. What about me in this case? This is the 4th day of veg, when should i switch to 12/12 (flowering) ?

What I mean is I veg my plants from seed for about a month before flowering because I don't have alot head room, therefore I also grow alot of indica dominant strains because they are usually shorter plants. A big sativa can flower for 10-12 weeks and get huge. And my id too I like to keep my flowering times down to about 60 days or so thus the name 55ncountin. Skinny long leaves sativa dominant---shorter fatter leaves indica dominant. Your plant can triple in size during flowering always keep that in mind. That's why I don't like to see newer growers start off with bagseed because who knows how long it will flower, how much nutes it wants, and how much stretch it will have ect. with proven genetics you can get a grasp on the plant before planting a seed! Hope this helps bro but all this is my opinion and I'm no pro :afroweed: Peace,55

day 6 of veg, 9 overall :

te.jpg

tee.jpg

your plants are really stretching. How far away do you have your light?

being my first grow, i didn't know i must keep the light closer, and the first 3 days the light was at 10cm distance. Now i put the light on 2cm

the leafs are getting a little yellow... and feels like dying... i don't know the reason....

6.jpg

chek ph of water...that could be the problem

If you haven't already, I would get a fan on those babies to strengthen up those stalks. My very first grow was like yours, and then my plant eventually fell over because it couldn't support itself. So I had to make a brace for it and eventually with the fan it strengthened up.

i'll get a fan for that.
the flowering period is about to come... and i looked over for a NPK nutrient for the flowering stage... the thing is i can't find something like 10-20-10 or 10-30-10 ... i found something like 10-20-20....

emptypackofcigs said:
you need to get it down to 6.3-6.5 quickly!

....also..when r u planing on flowering? plants still look too young for me.

rami said:
....also..when r u planing on flowering? plants still look too young for me.

i'm planing to switch to flowering, when the plants will get around 8-10 inches tall.

8-10 inches tall ??? u are hardly going to get bud from those .. they are stretching too much

BSki8950 said:
8-10 inches tall ??? u are hardly going to get bud from those .. they are stretching too much

when would you start flowering in my place with these plants?

hey asd3reff... just wanted to let you know... i have those same seeds right now... i'm about 5 weeks away from harvest... its a good strain... good choice

Latest posts

Back