My first grow! Skunk #1!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did bought an PH tester.... i don't know if i'm using it correctly, but it does show nothing! It remains standard, i mean 7!

Have one of those myself, works fine. Shine the probe up good with some sandpaper and stick it deep. Lol, ... didn't think mine worked either but I checked it against my electronic one in different solutions. They both gave the same readings.

Give it about 3 minutes for the needle to settle ;)

thanks for advice Runbyhemp.

Updates :(

day 22....

so ph is good, nutrient i haven't given, except today, when i give it some nutes because i may think it's because the soil is poor in nutes.... i don't know...
anyway, do you think it may be because i left the lights 24/24? it's better to use 18/24?

11042007165dp9.jpg

11042007166zg4.jpg

11042007167nq1.jpg

11042007168xd4.jpg

believe or not i can't find any perlite in my town!!! what can i use instead?:mad:

To raise the humidity you can mist the plants (I do this when the lights are about to turn off or when they are already off) Or put a humidifier in the room. Mix some peat in with your soil if you can't find perilitte. I tried this when I didn't have any money and it seemed to work.

Don't over analyze, let them do their thing. Watch the beautys grow and enjoy every minute of it......

Advanced Nutrients are the ****..Everything is tested in labs, they have forums, how to do videos..... Just check it out 100% money back gaurantee if you don't like the product.
http://advancednutrients.com

did you know something about the roots of cannabis being similar with cactus roots. I ask because i found some soil in shop, which says is for cactus. I wonder if is good for marijuana too, so i can use it for new bigger pots when i'll transplant.

mean while (day 25) 2 of them starting to fell better, healthier, and bigger, the other 2, ..... i don't give them much time...

14042007198au8.jpg

14042007199yh1.jpg

14042007201te0.jpg

14042007202hu5.jpg

14042007203ze6.jpg

14042007204ai1.jpg

Cactus soil is basically sand. They like it really dry. Personally I wouldn't use that stuff. And if I had to I would definately mix it with some other mixes.

i just don't know how long it will take till i'll start the flowering phase. I mean switch to 12/24

two of the four plants i used to grow i just throw them because i transplanted the others 2, which looks healthier, and i don't have space to grow yet.

pics

18042007206hs2.jpg

18042007207ix6.jpg

18042007208tj1.jpg

18042007209pz9.jpg

Looking much better asd3reff. You should start flowering the plant once she is sexually mature. Look out for alternating nodes. This is a sign that she is ready.

The amount of time this takes will depend on the strain, lights used etc. Too many factors to say for sure.

Don't worry, if in doubt, just take a pic and post it. You're in good hands here. :)

Runbyhemp said:
Looking much better asd3reff. You should start flowering the plant once she is sexually mature. Look out for alternating nodes. This is a sign that she is ready.

What means "sexually mature" ? How i can find when she's sexually mature?

updates, can you tell what's with that reddish spots on the leaves?

22042007240dx0.jpg

22042007241tj6.jpg

22042007242gt4.jpg

22042007244gv0.jpg

need some help... i decided to start using the HPS 400W asap, because i don't think they get enough light from those CFL's! I wanted to use the HPS just for flowering, but they are growing to slow....

I don't know how to put that socket on that reflecting thing..... so the bulb light remain horizontal like the last pic.

25042007257nq4.jpg

25042007259mr1.jpg

plugandgrow.jpg

Yelow or burnt leaves may be too much or not enough water. Watering is an art that you learn by experience. I would advise watering with a spray when you have babies and start giving more and more water as the plant gets bigger. A good practice is: only water your plant when soil gets dry from the last watering.

HPS 400W in action!

how can i cool down the heat? (excluding vent)

25042007262bh4.jpg

40 day have been past and no sex show. from your experience, can you please post here after how many days you've seen the sex?

asd3reff said:
40 day have been past and no sex show. from your experience, can you please post here after how many days you've seen the sex?

Hey Man, It wont show sex unless you switch light to 12/12 periods in order to stimulate flowering. But by the size of your plant I woud not start the flowering now cause its too small yet.

By the way, your plant is too small for 40 days, maybe you are giving less water or light than the plant needs.

gangotri said:
Hey Man, It wont show sex unless you switch light to 12/12 periods in order to stimulate flowering. But by the size of your plant I woud not start the flowering now cause its too small yet.

By the way, your plant is too small for 40 days, maybe you are giving less water or light than the plant needs.

i wont start flowering yet, don't worry! just that i didn't know when the sex will appear.

Latest posts

Back