My first grow! Skunk #1!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
emptypackofcigs said:
hey asd3reff... just wanted to let you know... i have those same seeds right now... i'm about 5 weeks away from harvest... its a good strain... good choice

thanks a lot. will keep in touch. i'll watch your journal (if have one)

i did found 2 types of nutrient which i'll use for flowering.
Which one should i use?

The first contain :

N - 3.5%
P - 7.5%
K - 7.5%

and microelements Mg: 0.01%, Zn:0.01%, Mn:0.01%, Cu:0.01%, B:0.02%, Fe:0.02%, Mo: 0.001%
(to mention that is mentioned to be used for cactus)

and the second :

N - 4.5%
P - 7.0 %
K - 9.0%

and microelements mg/kg : Mg: 100, Fe: 200, Zn:100, Mn:100, Cu:100, B:200, Mo:10.
this is mentioned to be used for carrots, tomatoes, peppers etc

asd3reff... i would say go with the second one... just personal opinion.. but to bring up your flowering question again... with your strain... i vegged mine until it was about 10-12" tall at about 34 days of veg then i through her into flower took about 2 weeks to determine sex and now she is comming along... i'll keep an eye on yours to compare with mine... see ya

emptypackofcigs said:
asd3reff... i would say go with the second one... just personal opinion.. but to bring up your flowering question again... with your strain... i vegged mine until it was about 10-12" tall at about 34 days of veg then i through her into flower took about 2 weeks to determine sex and now she is comming along... i'll keep an eye on yours to compare with mine... see ya

So this is what i'm talking about! I have this journal posted on 3 forums! On the other forum, an user told me to use the first nute!
I have Jorge Cervantes Ultimate Grow DVD, which is recommended by Hightimes mag, and even in that DVD, it says by Jorge : In veg period, the light must be keep under 18/24, some growers keep the light 24/24. ***?? I started with 18/24, after a few days on a forum someone told me to switch to 24/24, i did, now someone told me to use 18/24! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!! Why this, why that, why there why etcc..........:mad::confused2:

no no no... 18/6 18 hours of light on and 6 hours of light off... thats what you want... not 24/24 you if you want to go 24 then you just leave the light on all the time... not 24 hours on 24 hours off... just do it at 18 hours on and 6 hours off...

emptypackofcigs said:
no no no... 18/6 18 hours of light on and 6 hours of light off... thats what you want... not 24/24 you if you want to go 24 then you just leave the light on all the time... not 24 hours on 24 hours off... just do it at 18 hours on and 6 hours off...

either you don't understand well, or i didn't write good. I know 18 light - 6 dark, or 24 non-stop, and for flowering 12 light with 12 of dark.

day 17 of veg, dunno why the leaves are getting a bit yellow..... after they recover... and feels like the end of the leaves are falling downwards.... for this straing, Sensiseeds said flowering period is 45-50 days. What about veg? Other growers have bigger plants in 17 days....

09042007155ke2.jpg

09042007156pw9.jpg

09042007158ax6.jpg

09042007159ks8.jpg

What strain was this? I think most people veg for at least 5-6 weeks.

Other growers have bigger plants in 17 days....

Just off to a slow start asd3reff. Once they get going there'll be no stopping them.

For some people things may happen quicker or slower depending on the strain and/or environment.

Did you solve your high PH problem ?

noodles said:
What strain was this? I think most people veg for at least 5-6 weeks.

as stated in topic title "Skunk #1" from Sensiseeds

Runbyhemp said:
Just off to a slow start asd3reff. Once they get going there'll be no stopping them.

For some people things may happen quicker or slower depending on the strain and/or environment.

Did you solve your high PH problem ?

the water i'm using is 7.4 ph, but i don't think is a problem ....

just wondering you all guys what water you use for watering? do you all test the water for PH?

Yes and for soil you want your ph around 6.1. 7.4 is way too high in my opinion. I think that is the problem with your leaves.

ok... so from where you take your water to water the plants? kitchen? if PH is to big, how can i lower it?

I usually use purified or distilled water. You can get ph up and down at a number of places. Just do a search in google or yahoo for ph up and down.

to lower ph you can use lemon juice , and as far as Ph goes i keep mine on 6.8 6.9 and plants are perfectly helty check my GJ you see

brouli said:
to lower ph you can use lemon juice , and as far as Ph goes i keep mine on 6.8 6.9 and plants are perfectly helty check my GJ you see

i understand that 1 teaspon of lemon juice to 3 gallons of water.

P.S. lemon juice means what? a juice of lemon from the store? or i can take a lemon, cut in half and put some original juice in to a teaspon?

i did bought an PH tester.... i don't know if i'm using it correctly, but it does show nothing! It remains standard, i mean 7!
also.... some nutes, N-P-K 13-4.5-6.5

10042007163bd4.jpg

so .... i did make it to check the ph...the water is somewhere around 6.0-6.5
i think the humidity is low... how can i raise the humidity?

Latest posts

Back