My first Grow , Using 200w Cfl Envirolite and 70w HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomTheTeaPot

Reaction score
In a few days me and my friend will be planting our seeds into our little box of hope :p .. and before i start showing you pictures and i just want to get your comments on how our lights are .. I´ve been looking around here on this site and saw a guy growing with estimated 235w (many small Wattage cfl bulbs) .. and i his stuff came out quite nicely ..
so here are my questions :) ..

1. How do you reckon i will do with my lights ?
2. how short can i have my grow (veg time and flower time) and also be getting some buds :)

This is our first grow but it will be done really well ..

-LIGHTS- 200w Envirolite CFL and 70W HPS

we will be using soil and Flora Series nutrients :)

Thank you and please comment .

Where did you get a 70 W HPS? Is the ballast build into the bulb?

I use a 70wt built into a cool tube in my fridge grow for flowering. Use mylar and keep plants as close as possible to light. You wont get what you see on some of most of these journals but you will get some. A 70 watt will not allow you to keep very many. I usually do 3-5 clones and flower them at around 8-10 inches. And dont expects any lower branches to get much light exposure. Hope this helps give you some idea.

thanks man .. but you say .. "A 70watt will not allow you to keep very many ... but im also using a 200w cfl envirolight 2700k ... just if you forgot it :p .. do you reckon thats not going to work for flowering together ?:)

Will work fine using both. ;)

yeah it will def add some needed lumens. You got a good start with what you got. Get some pics of your set up in here. You dont mention your dimensions. From what I read that will determine your true lumens per plant...I think

yes the box we´ve got is around 70cm by 90cm .. think its 3 x 2.5 c.a .. and we will be having around 4 to 5 plants .. were also thinkin of making it .bigger if we need to ..also were going to make a little box for our clones and stuff .. later ..but we will start in this box now probably . I will be posting pictures in today or tomorrow .. were getting our clones today Yay . we where going to have seeds but we didnt get them .. anyways ..stay tuned and be sure to leave suggestions and replys :)

quick question .. what can we use for a substitute for mylar? .. its not so easy getting good growing stuff here in this place
mayb there will be some at the hardware store ?

Sometimes you can get mylar from rescue blankets. They can be bought in most sport and outdoor shops.

the blanket are about 5' by 5'. They cost anywhere from 2$ to 4$.
The cheapest i have seen them is at a dollar type store for a buck and a half.
Just remember ventilation is key, keep those temps down.
I learned the hard way.
GOOD LUCK!!

allrighty .. were germinating the seeds now ..and tonight if they have cracked were going to put them in soil ..we got 7 seeds :) .. i´m going to post some pictures tonight .but there wont be much to see :p

TomTheTeaPot said:
quick question .. what can we use for a substitute for mylar? .. its not so easy getting good growing stuff here in this place
mayb there will be some at the hardware store ?

flat white paint.....;)

yes that might be allright .. just get white paint with a little shine in it .. that could be an option

oh man im starting to think we got bad seeds .. cuz they where much smaller than you see on youtube n stuff .. and they hadnt cracked yet .. but were going to leave them another day ..hoping the best :/

Allright .. one of our seven seeds has cracked and weve put it into soil .. is it normal to wait 3 to 4 days for them to crack ?

i have waited longer I had one that took 1 week to germ, count on another 2 or 3 days before they break soil after planting.

Latest posts

Back