my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great . I don’t know what I do wrong but my plants aren’t even close to looking like that at 8 weeks
im in 8th week of flower, bout 18 weeks since seed popped! what kinda light is that your useing? could be your issue idk....

well, starting week 10 and still no amber trechs,...feels like a ketchup commercial,...antisapppppppattion,..its making me wait....

what are these banana looking things? are thay them hermi bananas or ????

Attachments

• banna2.jpg
    banna2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 43
trachs1b.jpg
trachs2b.jpg
trachs3b.jpg
trachs4b.jpg
trachs5b.jpg
trachs6b.jpg
trachs7b.jpg
trachs1b.jpg
trachs2b.jpg

well here we are starting week 11 of flower! every other day i think i might see a amber trach of 2, then next day it gone,..frosty white frost bit looking trachs all i see...last fed on the 12th, nothing but ph'ed to 6.7 water till the 21st then i reckon ill harvest them less theres a reason to go longer....

Attachments

• trachs8b.jpg
    trachs8b.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 30
Agreed, those are nanners--you have a hermi. Like oldfogey, I recommend chopping it now. You may end up with seeds. THROW THEM AWAY! This is the reason that I recommend not growing bagseed.

If I am not mistaken, light leaks can cause both hermies and delayed ripening so you may want to check your tent. If you can see the lights in your tent when it is closed up in a dark room, your plants are probably seeing light from your room during lights out time. My infernal cats like to use my tent as a rock gym climbing wall and I believe are the reason my plants are taking so long to get amber trichomes. Hope your misery loves company cause I have some misery...

If I am not mistaken, light leaks can cause both hermies and delayed ripening so you may want to check your tent. If you can see the lights in your tent when it is closed up in a dark room, your plants are probably seeing light from your room during lights out time. My infernal cats like to use my tent as a rock gym climbing wall and I believe are the reason my plants are taking so long to get amber trichomes. Hope your misery loves company cause I have some misery...

That’s what happened to my buddy.. light got through into his tent when he was on 12/12 .. guess the tent came with like a clear vent tube and somehow the light penetrated through that and make his 4 plants all hermie.. he didn’t realize the light was going through for a couple days!! :/ ... sorry to hear brother...

Thx. I don’t see any naners on my plants yet. I’m going to chop tomorrow anyway. I need to start vegging clones of the plants I am finishing up. Small fry grower here. Would be nice to have a perpetual grow going but I couldn’t see giving away more than I already do.

its a closet, not a tent,..and no light leaks, its pitch dark in there! things just popped out last day or so! yes bag seed,..but local very high end bags, not mexican commercial swag!

Last edited:
trolls end 1a.jpg
trolls end 2a.jpg
trolls end 3a.jpg
trolls end 4a.jpg

was hoping it was a fox tail, oh well! wont but a couple and thay had just came about last day or so, nothing looking like seed pods!! its a shame, was gonna clone this lil dude for a sea of green! learning every day! learning threw every mistake!! cant wait for the next grow, this gardening stuff as addictive as nicotine!!

You can check if your plants get enough nutrition they need, good luck

The seeds in your bag most likely came from a hermie plant. Herm seeds make herm plants. What were the temperatures like in your closet? Lights on and lights off?

Lesso has nailed it. The problem with using seeds from a plant that selfed (hermy seeds) is that the seed are genetically predisposed to hermy. They don't need any stress to start popping nanners and pollinating your crop...as you have found out. They can and often grow right inside the buds and you might not even see them. We are kind of thankful for their yellow color--it makes them easier to spot. You can have this happen even if you did everything right. It really doesn't matter if the bag was quality smoke or dirt weed, hermy seeds are hermy seeds. In fact, I'd be more inclined to believe that the seeds in swag were created the old fashioned way as little care is taken to make sure that all males are removed in big guerilla grows.

Good quality seeds are simply not that expensive, especially when you consider what you get. When you buy from a reputable breeder, you know what you are getting. You know what to expect from the strain--the type of high, how big the plant will get, how long it needs to flower, whether it is a heavy feeder or light feeder, etc, etc. You can get seeds that have the attributes you want. And then once you have a nice stable strain, you can clone to your heart's content. I picked up an Indica from a dispensary a while back that I really liked, so went looking for seeds so I could grow it myself. Sent off the order on Monday--expect the seeds in 7 to 10 days--how convenient is that!

Your plant looks really nice. You did a great job! Now get out there and find some great genetics that appeal to you and really kick some @#$. You won't be sorry.

Lesso has nailed it. The problem with using seeds from a plant that selfed (hermy seeds) is that the seed are genetically predisposed to hermy. They don't need any stress to start popping nanners and pollinating your crop...as you have found out. They can and often grow right inside the buds and you might not even see them. We are kind of thankful for their yellow color--it makes them easier to spot. You can have this happen even if you did everything right. It really doesn't matter if the bag was quality smoke or dirt weed, hermy seeds are hermy seeds. In fact, I'd be more inclined to believe that the seeds in swag were created the old fashioned way as little care is taken to make sure that all males are removed in big guerilla grows.

Good quality seeds are simply not that expensive, especially when you consider what you get. When you buy from a reputable breeder, you know what you are getting. You know what to expect from the strain--the type of high, how big the plant will get, how long it needs to flower, whether it is a heavy feeder or light feeder, etc, etc. You can get seeds that have the attributes you want. And then once you have a nice stable strain, you can clone to your heart's content. I picked up an Indica from a dispensary a while back that I really liked, so went looking for seeds so I could grow it myself. Sent off the order on Monday--expect the seeds in 7 to 10 days--how convenient is that!

Your plant looks really nice. You did a great job! Now get out there and find some great genetics that appeal to you and really kick some @#$. You won't be sorry.

Do hermies still get you high?

Yes. Females with bananas do.

The seeds in your bag most likely came from a hermie plant. Herm seeds make herm plants. What were the temperatures like in your closet? Lights on and lights off?
70 to 80 average,..its got to 85 a few hot days!

thats the plan! seems picking and buying seeds is as sketchy as used cars now days! i want a verity of strands as i get burnt out smoking same bud all the time! studying on a mother/clone room and what kinda genetics and who to buy from is top of my to do list now, finish up this grow and clean my room and do a few changes before next go round,..with hopes of better day,..not that theres any disappointments in todays bounty!!

well cut the other six down an hung them up to dry late saturday night, see if my tobacco farming skills come threw curing this mess out!! ill post back how much weight once i get it all dry!

Latest posts

Back