My first Indoor grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celebrity Bob

Reaction score
Alright well first of all this is my first indoor grow (duh, glad u read the forum heading). I'm also new to this site and hope to be successful. The pics that I put up are the best I could do. First of all I will post up my room set up and also the ingredients I am using along with the equipment description. So far I only have flouro's that I bought from wal mart which are 1900 lumens each and I have 6 4ft lamps and 2 2ft which are 1200 lumens each. which gives me 13,800 lumens total in a 14 square foot area. I know you get what u pay for but I'm doing my best on my budget. Maybe after this crop I'll be able to afford a HPS. The strain is unknown out of some stuff called "Erie". I got them cuz it was free (which was the cheapest I could find) and accessable. I also posted pics of my plants at 10 days old. I am running my cycle on an 18/6 cycle. I was also given a clone which is in the humidome I built and also a plant which I dont know is a male or female. All dirt is Miracle Grow Organic. Remember it's the "organic" so there are no nutirnets added. So i dont need to hear "you used miracle grow?" argument. All my plants recieve 400ml of water a day.

Grow Room.jpg

Grow Room Floor.jpg

Grow Room L.jpg

Grow Room R.jpg

nitron solution.jpg

Take Root and Grow.jpg

Temp and Humidity.jpg

10 days old.jpg

Size Comparison.jpg

Help (2).jpg

Plant from friend.jpg

Male or female.jpg

from the pics seems that your plants are stretching : general lighting rule is 3000-5000lum per sq ft,your grow room is 14 sq ft so you def.need more light, plants receiving 400ml of water daily is overwatering-you should water them every 3-4 days when soil is dried(check the uper 2''-3'' )

Well I would love more light but I dont have the funds or resources to do so. What can I do to fix the problem? Besides buying another light.

how far fror tops you keep your light?seems that you could lower it a bit,and stop giving them 2much water

I'll slow down with the water but every time I water them they are dry. All pots have drainage in them. That may be why it gets dry. But the lights are about 50 cm from the tops. I didnt want them to wilt or burn.

50cm is 2 far,i keep 400w hps + 6600lum of cfl's at 3''-4'' from the tops(thats max 10cm)

well the plants are a bit bigger now i'll have some new pic up tomorrow and i'll try lowering my lights. i built them all on a pulley system. the one in the middle is that tall to begin with, a friend gave it to me. any help or info on the clone?

i would lower the lights and maybe even let a couple plants die so the rest get more light and cluster them together with lights parallel instead of in a row...

more like this crude acsii drawing

|||| instead of ----

so the lights "overlap" a little

I'm confused, they are parallel. They are in rows. I have a new pic coming up because there are some seedlings that didnt make it. The pics are kind of old.

im sorry, i should have looked closer at your pictures. but anyway, your lights are very high, and you have what looks like 15 or so plants. i would choose your best looking ones, and just let the others die or give them to friends, lower all three of your lights to within inches of your plants, all close to each other, not spread across the room. Cluster ALL your plants together and keep your lights as close together because you have such low lumens. you dont want to waste ANY by letting the light hit the floor or walls.

Ok so here's my update. I already typed all this but my computer froze and I lost everything. Currently my plants are 27 days old in these pictures. I dont know when to stop veg cycle and start flower. I was thinking to start the flower on Nov. 19. That would have given me a few weeks of pre veg and a few weeks of veg since they were all started from seed. I lowered the lights so they are directly on top of the leaves. Only a couple inches from them. Hopefully I will get a good yield out of this. I also have fungus gnats. Any help on getting rid of those would be great too. If you notice my humidity is only at 39% I would like to get it higher. Will the humidity affect my growth and yeild? If so by how much? Now please keep in mind that I am on a zero dollar budget. In one picture you see there is a runt which is 2 weeks old but yet keeps spreading leaves. I'm thinking maybe a boken root or something? Or maybe it's just the worlds smallest plant? Well anyways my pics dont want to upload so I'll just post another and upload them. But general feedback would be great so thanks alot!

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

Ok I think i'm being a fanatic, I checked my clone and it is rooting. Has been how it looks now for a cpl weeks. How long will it take for him to come back to life or to die?

Ok got some leaf curling as soon as the lights came on but they flattend out. does this happen at the night cycle? Also any predictions on a yield?? Say if I had 7 or 8 of them female??

The light is seriously only about an inch from the tops. I noted earlier that I did that it's just camera angle that looks like they are far. I did that today. No1 is reading, just looking at pics. I need info on leaf color, downward curling, my clone and sexing on the big plant!

sounds like they need a drink that's what mine need when they do that. what size pots do you have them in?because if they are Drinking up the water that fast they might be root bound might want to put them in bigger pots :hubba:
good luck with your grow bro peace

They are in 6" pots and i water the 300ml a day. They drink it all every day though.

well if you can i would transplant them into bigger pots they are root bound and that why they are drinking it up in a day besides I'm sure those ladies would love to be in at least a three gallon pots:hubba:

I got the pots I just dont think I have the soil. I'll see what I can do.

Latest posts

Back