My first Indoor grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mosquito dunks work really well for controlling fungus gnats.. Soak one of those in the water you use for your plants and that will take care of the gnats for sure.

what are you going to use for flower again?? what kind of light?

flouro's the 3000k color and i'm starting flower today and I'll be posting pics

Nice bro looking forward to an update!
Dro:cool2:

hey CB just a bit of a Look Out on them 3k G.E. kitchen and bath flos (im assuming thats what you got thats what i used) they are 3400 lumen 3k color temp flos. these will make the flowering time drag longer with smaller buds on your plant, you will want to use a micro to watch the trichs well and wait till on a sample leaf at minimum 75% amber trichs. wait till then and your good to go.but so far them ones is looking good man keep it up.

Ok here's my update on things, I got my new lights. GE 3400 lumen 3000k kitchen and bath. You were right dubbaman. This is my first indoor grow though so I get what I can. If this is successful then I will be getting my HPS. I got pics of my little sativa which EXPLODED in 3 days and also my clone which did the same. The majority of these plants are getting HUGE! As far as budding taking longer, thats ok with me. So far I only have 8 - 10 more weeks to go as I see it. This may sound weird but I think I have ALL females. I'll know for sure after a couple weeks. If I do I'll be one happy camper. My plants right now are about 2½ feet tall. Anyone know how tall they will get? I noticed some shedding of the lower leaves. Anyhow here are the pics and wish me luck!:D

First day of flower.jpg

First day of flower clone.jpg

First day of flower sativa.jpg

lol, I have a 400w HPS i am going to be listing on ebay pretty soon. I gave it to a friend to use since I was going to go the LED route, and he can't use it because of the small grow space and no venting problem he has. So it's been fired up once and is all still in original packaging. Keep an eye out on ebay for a super dirt cheap HPS 400w light... I am thinking of like a $100 - $125 price range...

Where did you find those CFL's? all my local places have weak CFL's like only 1600 - 1800 lumens in the red spectrums....

Those plant really picked up some weight sence ya 1st pic LOL. I got a 9week sativa goin now and ima do an 11-12 week sativa next. you have them looking really healthy there. Keep um looking as good as you do and you will have something great to smoke on soon.

Hey CB just popped in to see how things are going for you man, and things are looking good man...:aok: as the question you asked about how tall they might get. well it can be good and bad news for you.. they can get up to 3 or more times their height during flower so if you have a 2ft plant it can end up 6+ft by the harvest. but mine with the exact same lights only went double in height.

Well I guess I'm not doin too bad for my first indoor grow. The more I research the more I think I have all females. Is that ever heard of from bagseed?

I have yet to have a male or hermie from bagseed... but then again I only have 5 bagseed plants going right now :) and 4 white rhinos (feminized)

ive planted 6 and out of 6 ive had all fems too and it was all bag seed

i think its more common to get all female grows than all male grows, just this one i got 3 out of 4 male's, oh well thats the way the games played, but now i got my momma :p its on like donkey kong, she's gonna spawn hell for me lmfao

oh yes virgin mary style. lol anyway lookin hella good bro, keep it sticky lol
Dc

plants looking great now bob:hubba:

So today I have discovered what was 4 males. Possibly 5 but cant confirm the 5th until later date. I wanted to cry. I will be grabbing clones in the next few days. This cant happen to me again. It was a bad day. All the time and effeort I put into my babies and I get 4 possibly 5 males. This means I could walk out with only 6 females. Hopefully I get at least a half pound even a quarter. Just enough to sell to get my HPS for next crop. I will be grabbing 9 clones so I have at least 9 females on my next batch. Anyways my closet is thinned out now so that means more light for my other babies. I have absolutely NO prediction on a yield. If anyone could give me a number to hope for that would be awesome. My next setup will have at least one DWC just to compare. Anyways, tryin to keep it green. Hopefully I dont get too discouraged.:cry:

celebritybob said:
Just enough to sell
thats a part id have kept to myself if thats the plan really more for the site cause there isn't supposed to be talk like that man... just trying to help out

as for possible yields off of 6 plants man that would depend on how tall they may be once they are almost finished flowering, remember that they can double and or triple in height during the flower. and with my one plant at a time harvest i had 2.5 oz of the early (it was either an AF indica as it started so early and finished so fast or a rudi) but it gave me 2.5oz dry and was great. the second i had gave me almost 5oz dry and she was only about 6' tall the first was only about 4'. had allot of problems during the grow they were badly root bound not only in the potter but to each other (not my plan i inherited the plants) so they weren't as full as they could have been nor did they grow as properly as yours may. but they look great so far man keep it up. you'll get what your looking for out of them.

edit: just looked through the post again man and seen in your next to last update that you said that they are about 2.5', this says that you may end up with plants that can be anywhere from 5' to possibly 8'.

well m main plan was to have enough to last for personal stash until next grow, the rest was to make enough $$ for a 1000 watt hps. Thats my goal. then I should have a light that will last me for a good while. the thing is i spend too much on smoke now and it cuts like half my paycheck :( so if that is rectified then i will be fine. sorry for talking about sale but i want this light really bad!

whats up bob? sorry about the males man- i know my self how bad is to get a high male ratio:last june out of 20 seedlings ive got 16 males and a full hermi. why dont u start w/ a cheap 400w hps instead of waiting the money for the 1000w- a 400w hps is not a waste of money and once you have your 1000w you can always use the 400w for starting other seedlings (or light a mother) while you flowering under 1000w

Yea well thats why I'll be doing clones next time, so I dont have to worry about that kind of thing again. All fems next time. I just hope I get some decent bud. I'm still aiming for a 1000. I already have a veg chamber. I should put up some pics of that. It works very nicely. At least the other plants have more light to get to the lower leaves though!

Latest posts

Back