My first Indoor grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So check it out. I had some 1900 lumens lights (6) in my room and they were full spectrum grow lights by sylvania for plant and aquariums. I had some few extra $$ layin around and bout some 6500k bulbs that put out 3050 lumens. Do you think I will notice a difference? Will it help my plants to stop stretching and will my plants get more bushy? These lights also added 6,000 more lumens to my whole setup which CANT be bad. I'm not doin this thing pro but I'm doing the best that I can. Here's a pic and I'm installing them tonight. What changes will I notice from the light? Any help? :yay:

DSC00851.jpg

Quick update>>> They have a nice blue hue to them, very easy on the eyes! I like it. Makes the plants look different so I feel like I'm in a different room sometimes LOL

lookin good, but...with an area that size you need to go HID. unless your willing to grab them clones and make a more even canopy. Your flos are all over the place...the goal is to have them all the same ht and the plant canopy as well when it come to flos. ;)
(I did not do that on my last grow, but thats the best route...even with HID lighting ;) )

Thanks. I'm working on a real tight budget here and a hps would be awesome. i found the bulb at lowes for a 400 watter but they dont carry the ballast and stuff. like i said any help would be awesome!!

if you didnt start the flowering (12-12) yet why don't you prune them alittle (i think that would help) so the plants get more bushey.................anyway good luck with your grow

prune no more than 1/4-1/3 then wait a week-10 days if you want to prune more

Celebrity Bob said:
How should I go about pruning without damaging he plant??

not going to happen im afraid. pruning the plant will stress it, but not enough to kill it, it will just stop growing for a few days until it realizes whats happend and begin to donsentrate on side growth. how do you prune???? can you see the very newest leaves???? just pull them out using your finger tips, and your plant will start to grow out rather than up ;)

well you will lose the main cola, but if you veg them an extra week or 2 then all them side branches will replace this. it will only decrease yeild if you flipp to 12/12 before you have given the chance to recover and redeem itself. rememba tghe longer you veg, the more budsites will be on the plants.

hope this helps

Ok I didnt know if I was vegging for too long! Thanks for that added info! So then you can never veg for TOO long?

the only reason you need to switch at a curtain time, is so that they dont outgrow your room ;)

Ok so I transplanted today and the leaves all started to look limp. How long will this go on for? They are now in 2 1/2 gal trash cans and are about a ft. tall each. I am going to veg til 2 feet each. Does anyone have an idea of about how much this will yield if say I get 5 females out of 10? I will post pics tomorrow.

Celebrity Bob said:
Ok so I transplanted today and the leaves all started to look limp. How long will this go on for? They are now in 2 1/2 gal trash cans and are about a ft. tall each. I am going to veg til 2 feet each. Does anyone have an idea of about how much this will yield if say I get 5 females out of 10? I will post pics tomorrow.
Celeb always get circler floro if anything at all its a proven fact that there the cheapest way to go and you get what you pay for 75 bucks can get you 7500 lumens with CFL for less then about 12 inches you do the math ;) if you need a site check my posting

Ok so I finally got new pics and most plants (except for 3) are at 29 days veg now. 1 plant a friend gave me and I didnt notice the growth until the pictures today. The big one that is in the green pot is the one I am talking about. Alot of these finally got the transplant! They previously got rootbound and started to wilt. Also my clone is starting to show new growth. I dont know how long I have to veg for or let it recover in order to Bloom it. Also in the pics with the tan buckets I think these are afghani? Please correct me if I'm wrong. These were bagseed but they were also high grade plants but the growers lost a male and they all got preggie. :( Anyways the new lights seem to be doin great. Anyone have any idea on when I should flower? I would like to do it at about 50 days of veg. Any input on this would be great! Pros and cons to vegging for 50 days? Also what would happen if I flowered the youngun the same time I flower the rest?:shocked:

Plant from friend NOW.jpg

29 Days Veg.jpg

Baby.jpg

29 Days Veg (2).jpg

Afghani.jpg

Kush Clone new growth.jpg

theres no way to tell the strain. you can flower when ever you want 2. jus consider the space you have to grow

Latest posts

Back