My Grow Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

passtheblunt

Reaction score
I was really just wondering what everyone thought of using this to grow whilst you live with someone that would get “a little bit” annoyed if they new you where growing, I’m only 16 and living with my parents, but I’ve got a passion for growing from these forums in the last 4-5months that I just cant get rid of (one of the reasons I mainly come on marijuana “passion” forums, the name just kind of suited me :D ) I’m not going to do it right enough, cause its kind of suspicious me getting 400watt HPS grow lights in the post if they see it :p but I just wanted 2 post this for anyone that was thinking about doing it, anyway, this is what I was thinking of doing…

Odor control:

Odor Neutralizing Machine

I read of this on a post on cannabis culture when searching for a good odor control solution, apparently it has a fantastic success rate, most people boosting that the odors from the weed have disappeared nearly 100%.

The basic idea is to get a 5gallon bucket, fill it with “ONA” or another odor neutralizing agent and a pound container of soil moist (a water absorbing crystal) and blow a fan into the crystals with around 20 wholes at the side to allow the odor neutralizing gas to escape, I realize why the site does not like people linking to other sites on their post, so just PM me if you would like the link to the full instructions on how to build one yourself, cost as little as £30 apparently, seems a seriously good investment IMO.

Lighting:

VEG: for the vegetation stage I was planning on using CFL’s so that I don’t need to worry too much about heat, plus I also heard there a pretty solid investment if you get the right lumens (which I think is 6400, please correct me if I’m wrong)

FLOWERING: for the flowering stage I thought using a 250watt HPS would be ample for a small amount of plants, and giving the correct type of light to give a dank bud

Ventilation

This I still need help with, I wouldn’t like to start drilling huge wholes in the walls or closet doors, I had thought about using a few computer fans for a bit of air circulation but anyone know a good stealth way of ventilating please tell me?

Reflective materials

I thought for this I would either use Mylar or paint a white matt finish on the walls (supposedly the plants like white matt paint better than Mylar, but I just think Mylar looks a lot better :D )

Soil & Fertilizer

For my soil and fertilizer I was going to use FoxFarm products, as I’ve heard nothing but praise about them.

Growing Techniques

To keep my plants small and bushy, I was going to use topping + LST, or trim the buttom 5-10cm to allow a good air circulation to the upper leaves and buds and just top my plant, I was also going to place a small fan near to the stem to strengthen it so it can hold bigger buds

Temp
around 19celcius when lights are off, around 25 when lights are on, idealy.
humidity

looking for around 40-60% humdity
PH
around 6.0 to 7.0

Well thanks for reading

ANY comments good or bad are very much appreciated, anything you think is ** or could be improved apon please leave a comment, this is one, if not the first thread I have ever done, so I’m sorry if it’s **, too long or w/e :)

Id also like to know if you think I know enough to start growing when I finally get some rented accommodation, Thanks again PTB :48:

IMO man not a good idea if there trouble with the :cop: it will be your parents that get the heat and not you wait till your old enough to suffer the consequences for your own actions in your own place.

But as far as the general idea for when you get your own place what you have listed is good stuff man keep on reading and check out the DIY section and that should help you out heaps ;)

I would not advise growing in your parents house without thier consent. It usually does not end well.

If you are 16 years old, you are prohibited from even being on this site. It is wrong to grow with your parents. If the grow is caught, your parents will suffer the consequences, even if they have no idea it's going on. Many states have forfeiture laws which means the police can seize the property where the plants were grown. They can also seize bank accounts, vehicles, and so on. Do you want that on your conscience? Wait until you have a place of your own and then pursue your growing ideas. It sounds like you've done your research and I can't say that about everyone. Definitely sounds like good ideas. Be patient and keep doing your research and you will be an accomplished grower someday....but not now, at your parents expense. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

I would like to know how you joined this site if you are only 16 yrs old you need to wait 2 more yrs before coming here read the site rules...until then be careful and have fun......

yeah i wasnt going to do it, i've realised for a while now there are far to many things that could go wrong to even think about attempting it, but thanks for the advice its much appreciated

and yeah, i should of thought about that before saying my age, i just had 2 birthdays in the last hour, im now 18 so no worrys peeps ;)

tbh, not trying to aggrivate anyone but i really dont see why there are so many age restrictions on everything anyway, especially on a site that is trying to promote freedom of speech and the right to do something which almost everywhere with the exception of holland is illegal, you may think all us teenagers are just adulesent know-nothings with no life experience and dont know whats best for us, but age isn't everything.

anyway rather not get into an arguement about something as stupid as age lol

was mainly posting this for two reasons:

1. to get the opinions off of growers, for anyone that was thinking about growing without concent from the person that owns the house/shares the bills, etc.

2. to see if there where any improvments that people could see on my growing plans, and if anyone had any ideas about the stealth ventilation

There are age restrictions because this site doesn't promote children growing mj in their parents house. Also, loose lips sink ships and I was a teenager once. No need to say more about that. It's just keeping you out of trouble. You're right. Age means nothing. It's experience. Can you imagine what would happen to you if your parents were arrested for growing marijuana? Have you ever been to juvenile detention? Jail? Foster home? None of this stuff is pleasant and I guarantee you that you don't want any of that. Two years is nothing to wait. It will fly by. Time flies. That's something you learn with experience!! Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

lol belive me, if i where growing there would be only one person knowing about it, and that would be me, your right "loose lips sink ships" as you so perfectly phrased it, and i realise thats how 99.9% of growers end up getting caught, however, i would never take the chance of landing my parents and wee brov in anything just for my own disires to grow, and your right, i would NEVER want that to be on my concience, thats one of the reasons why im doing my research and reading up, instead of starting myself a wee grow op in my cupboard; so that once i get my own place i can set up and grow as soon as i get in to it. PTB ;)

Sounds like a great plan. Do your research and when you have your own place, you'll know exactly what you want to do. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back