My last grow.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang! 13Oz from 4 autos?

Which strain? 5gal pots? What lights? Im down for a new run of autos lol.

bubba902 said:
Dang! 13Oz from 4 autos?

Which strain? 5gal pots? What lights? Im down for a new run of autos lol.

Fruit Automatic by Dinafem in tall strawberry containers, i think they are 1 gal no more than 2. vegged under T5s 24/0 for a few weeks, then put under 600watt HPS for the rest of cycle 20/4. i probably got about a quarter ounce of seeds in the ones i breed though.

the new autos,a re in 2 gallon normal buckets, definitly much happier in them, last post of mine with pictures has the last 2. the taller pheno probably be about another 2.5 while the shorter one will be closer to another 3.5oz :) the short one is like a giant bud with a few branches lol, very dense.

they would love 5gal buckets, ill do that next. probably get close to double the size.

thanks PP,

sorry i had to 12/12 the Afghans early, so you wont see them to "full" potential but if they are female, i should end up with some nice 1 cola plants. the lower branches are really sticking to the main stem and staying short, which tells me baseball batts int he future ;)

cant believe i didnt notice this before, here is a shot of the shorter Pure Afghan...notice anything?

its been throwing out a extra fan on each node since the 3rd node. definitly shows why the 2 are growing so differntly.

IMG_20120218_162722.png

looks like the Pure Afghan, well one of them is female. all these males this time of year gets me discouraged, but doing a little examining of the afghan i spotted this....

can you see it too? ;)

still hopeing for 2 out of 2 especially after noticing the mutant, want to see that produce something, most likely hermie/male triploid but we'll see.

IMG_20120218_193505.png

Nice shot puffin. It's small, but it's there. :) edit. That's what she said. ha

Those triploids (or whatever you call them) usually turn out to be male.....but not always. It does look like you may have a girl there. Beautiful pic you took of HER (sending girl vibes).

powerplanter said:
Nice shot puffin. It's small, but it's there. :) edit. That's what she said. ha

took me forever to get that in focus on my cell......

The Hemp Goddess said:
Those triploids (or whatever you call them) usually turn out to be male.....but not always. It does look like you may have a girl there. Beautiful pic you took of HER (sending girl vibes).

Thanks for the girl vibes, crossing my fingers for it but ive gotten i think around 3-4 of them before and havent got a female yet. hermy two of the times.
This one is a bit differnt though, didnt have the three leaves on the first two sets of nodes. i should know in no more than a week.

EDIT: went and check the other Afghan after posting this and its male. preflowers still small like in the picture above but its very round, others have a bit of a spike coming off the side if i look through a 5x magnifier. ill give it a bit longer but not looking good in terms of a female. kinda sucks it would of been a great plant.

funny thing is they are backwards, the one that streched more is the femal, the other that stayed more compact is the male, must be the extra leaf.

good problems i guess... only been working with this t5 system now for 3-4 cycles, used the leds before (better footprint with leds im seeing now)

the plants are just about overgrown the T5 (overlapping each other), might have to setup the homemade phototron again for a couple weeks lol.

anyways on to some photos of the veg space.

IMG_20120220_102908.png

IMG_20120220_102950.png

IMG_20120220_103103.png

IMG_20120220_103203.png

IMG_20120220_103219.png

IMG_20120220_103247.png

Looks nice!
We do have almost twin setups lol. Pretty kickass.

males can be sexy too i guess lol...that sounds bad coming from a guy.

blackwater especially is a great male, unbeilveable scent for a male also, very dank. these been off to the side underlit for over a week now, the balls are really coming in. collection begins any day now then they get the axe.

IMG_20120220_122354.png

IMG_20120220_122443.png

and 3rd and last set of photos for the day.....

upgraded the veg closet for a better footprint, hopefully most will show sex soon adn they will go into 5gal buckets and moved into flower. hopeing 2 weeks max, need to get them flowering and finished before june/july. took out the 2x2 8 bulb t5 system.

this setup, i used for years produces great results for veg even with only one UFO going. but its been about a year since i had it setup this way.

2x 90watt ufos and 2x 2-bulb 4ft t5 fixtures on the sides. the t5 not really needed but i feel they help with growth of stems, leds can really compact plants to the point where lower growth is affected in a bad way, no penetration. maybe be past that point now with these plants but still, they help.

IMG_20120220_134004.png

Those in post 52 look so very nice.
The last photo is trippy. thanks. Very cool colors.

Have you used the led's for an entire grow. Just wondering how they would do. I was looking at a ufo led set-up and that seems to be the new thing to some extent. Your grow is looking good Puffin. The pure Afghan's have some huge leaves. Have they shown sex yet? Take care Puffin. :)

powerplanter said:
Have you used the led's for an entire grow. Just wondering how they would do. I was looking at a ufo led set-up and that seems to be the new thing to some extent. Your grow is looking good Puffin. The pure Afghan's have some huge leaves. Have they shown sex yet? Take care Puffin. :)

they dont even work that well for plants that have been flowered under hps and then moved under them to make room for other plants. buds start to foxtail even inches from the lights.i find they dont work too well after 5 weeks or so of veg since they do penetrate at all.

as for the afghans one male and one female, could make some beans but not really decided. the male is a tripold, i here sometime they are sterile anyways. moved the female into a 5gal bucket, it already out grew a 2gal bucket. ime i find plants that go to 12/12 early have bigger root mass for some reason.

also going to add

both Cheeses showed sex overnight, 2 out of 2 female :)

Looking like one of the Madness is female other is male.

the Critical Mass 33 is fem seed but hasnt showed yet, not too worried about it being male.

so the 5 in veg at the moment are 4 out of the 5 are female :)

got a new toy in the mail today :)

heres some new shots cause of it.....

also all but one of the veg plants is now going into 5 Gal. buckets, one (top left (madness) may be male so not going to waste the soil.

all are really growing nicely, no issues yet.

vxfv.png

vxfv2.png

vxfv1.png

vxfv3.png

fgfd.png

Latest posts

Back