My very first clones or... the woes of 3 strains.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebud said:
I don't think we ever quit worrying about them and try to up our game. Yours sounds great Pua, keep up the good work. And, enjoy the ride.

:ciao: Rosie & 4u~

Thank you I am enjoying this very much speckled with moments of stark-raving fear & panic sometimes. next ones I'll worry less... maybe!

Thanks for stoppin in. :joint:

:welcome: Aloha Fellow MP'ers~

I have been reading thru so many posts and threads lately tryin my best to absorb as much knowledge as possible esp. for my up and coming "event"... still weeks away but anyone that knows me knows I (try to) prepare early. :rolleyes:

One of the threads I read was re: bud mold which made me sit straight up from bed and wonder if I had enough air circulation within my tent. Not suppose to I know, however, I did do a lil "bud-squeeze" gently, more to separate them from one another and it felt wet to me (could've been cold and perceived as wet, but...) so I took every1 out and let them breathe; this is no quick event I tell ya. They're fit in there in an "origami-level-puzzel-fit" and I did not wanna move them but I didn't this last time I watered which meant I didn't do the maintenance of removing dead plant material, etc. (guilt won).

They're just super sticky and now are well maintained again (I mean for me anyway).

Two days ago I gave the final FF Beastie Bloomz and that was at about 60-70%. They are a few more days from next feed but I made my "FF-Tea" today so it can bubble/brew and "oxygenate" (if thats even a word) for a few days: Strength @ approx. 50% of FF suggested amounts (I almost always underfeed-Tea is FF nutes @ 50% (bc this is what I think they need right now), @ +75% cal/mag in RO water and PH'd to 6.5). The last nute run I did was the strongest it ever was (@ maybe 80%?) and two plants have lil brown-spots (of death) around the edges from it, but nothing too detrimental and only on the two (weakest) AK's, weird... (I'll post the pic.)

They are drinkin' more these days and thats fine bc finally they have stopped growing UP! I have more head-room but I didn't wanna push it. One less thing to worry about. *On a side note I will mention that most ALL the plants that i have LST'd have a canopy height of a lil over 12"; for the AK-47 & Sour Diesel Sativa Hybrids this makes me very happy (bc running outta BUD-Head-Room would really suck). They're NEVER as pretty as the one's without tho.

After this feeding I will begin the FF "Cha-Ching", which is suppose to increase resin production, and continue thru the next two weeks until "FLUSH" time. I did take some pics to post but I ran thru the last set and not too different then them. I'll post a few of the ones I think came out yummy in the following frame.

Mahalo nui loa for stoppin by~ (thank you very much)

P.S. I sure could use some links to, "how to correctly TRIM ur bud". Bc yes... I don't know how and the YouTube vids are scary. Please and Thank you!

S7300521.JPGS7300527.JPGS7300528.JPGS7300558.JPGS7300563.JPGS7300522.JPG

1.) Mom/Baby/Seedling Tent. 2.) NEW Organic Moms: SwD, SoD, AK-47. 3.) Clones from new moms (made 4 e. only need 2 best ones). 4.) WW Babies @ 2wks. 5.) My "deformed" WW baby. (This may be the one i "helped" outta her shell~ oops, my bad). The tray on top is keeping warm and contains 4 e. of BC Blueberry, and BC Northern Lights. Next run I plan to make myself crazy-errrr and do 6 strains organically :rofl: No stress there...

I have honestly found that for myself anyway when drying i don't trim until everything is totally dry, then the excess leaf just crumbles away with a light touch so grab some non powdered latex gloves and make sure you dont crumble any bud away with your leaf if it's extra dry!

Lookin good Pua! Green Mojo and keep it up!

:doh: I am having the hardest time uploading pics to go with that other frame, I'll try again. It's why I sent the other frame ahead...

S7300529.JPGS7300534.JPGS7300536.JPGS7300538.JPG
AK-47's~

S7300540.JPGS7300541.JPGS7300543.JPGS7300553.JPG
Sour Diesel's

S7300531.JPG
My burnt leaf tips~
(it was the first time EVER That I got even close to full strength nutes... only two and not too bad so)

S7300551.JPG
My very favorite pic thus far and why I luv LST'ing now :hubba:

:ciao: Thanks for stoppin by

PartyBro420 said:
I have honestly found that for myself anyway when drying i don't trim until everything is totally dry, then the excess leaf just crumbles away with a light touch so grab some non powdered latex gloves and make sure you dont crumble any bud away with your leaf if it's extra dry!

Lookin good Pua! Green Mojo and keep it up!

:ciao: PartyBro420~

Hey thanks for the info, so to be clear~

Chop at desired rediness, remove FAN leaves atleast? and then leave everything else on until dry and then gently remove with hand (brushing away the dried leaf tips?). Then done? and off to cure?

Theres a vid on YouTube of a guy MANICURING his buds, I guess thats what I meant too, sorry. He just grabs that bud and goes crazy on it. I need to learn the in's and out's of trimming, manicuring the buds.

I read somewhere that someone said "after ur essentially done with removing the stems, big leaves, little leaves, etc., make sure to give a total trim to the outsides, as if you were giving a lil hair trim all over bc the ends of those hairs taste bitter(?), or harsh, or something.

Is this sounding about right?

I can't find much. Someone sent me a link. I think I'll try there.

Mucho grande thanks PB420~

yea thats pretty much dead on what i was meaning. just give it a light once over with your hand as if you're lightly gripping it, just not tight enough to compress the bud at all. it should break loose anything large and then if you want to further manicure them just snip off the little stem pieces or leaf that might be left over!

I trim everything first then hang my girls upside down. For the fan leaves and the bigger sugar leaves I just grab hold of the top cola then pull up on the stem of the leaves . The smaller sugar leaves I will use a pair of Friskers to trim them off. I then freeze the trim for bubble hash.

The way you trim is up to the grower/trimmer. I just find that when I do it while green it is less messy, plus I love bubble hash:)

Your buds are looking fantastic.

Pua :ciao: Aloha cuzzan great looking wahines, i always liked ak 47, it does great in hawaii, good in and out, and stoney.. great choice of strains for your grow sista..

I no mo one link :( but I trim both ways depending how big the harvest is.. if i can trim the plant still in the pot that is my fav way of triming, go through and take off all leaf with no trichs .. then hang and dry till dry enough to put on gloves like party bro and manicure the small hash leaf into a turkey pan by hand - then into the freezer to stash for my next bubble bag run.. or to give away to some of the kapunas here.. they dont like smoking my buds hahah to stoney not like the weed they smoked in the 70s.. they are happy with the bud trim..

perks to trimming in pot - the plant sits straight up like it was in flower and you can put the pot in front your favorite recliner and tv :) and trim away.. grows 10 plants or less thats how i trim.. also depends on you grow ..

my outdoor, i leaf the sun leaf at the spot the plant was grown then cut it carry home hang till dry, and leaf the rest by hand like how partybro explained.. lol sorry i neva have one link..

Alohha Cuzzan
Squidy :ciao:

pcduck said:
I trim everything first then hang my girls upside down. For the fan leaves and the bigger sugar leaves I just grab hold of the top cola then pull up on the stem of the leaves . The smaller sugar leaves I will use a pair of Friskers to trim them off. I then freeze the trim for bubble hash.

The way you trim is up to the grower/trimmer. I just find that when I do it while green it is less messy, plus I love bubble hash:)

Your buds are looking fantastic.

Mahalo PB & pc~

It's hard to know exactly how to bc I nev'a before. But I think i'm starting to understand a lil more.

I'm gathering my stuff for bubble :hubba: and I read to use, "cured" leaves?
So... do I have to cure the leaf too or does that mean just dry and freeze? ( or dry? or freeze?)

aloha~

SquidyPacheco said:
Pua :ciao: Aloha cuzzan great looking wahines, i always liked ak 47, it does great in hawaii, good in and out, and stoney.. great choice of strains for your grow sista..

I no mo one link :( but I trim both ways depending how big the harvest is.. if i can trim the plant still in the pot that is my fav way of triming, go through and take off all leaf with no trichs .. then hang and dry till dry enough to put on gloves like party bro and manicure the small hash leaf into a turkey pan by hand - then into the freezer to stash for my next bubble bag run.. or to give away to some of the kapunas here.. they dont like smoking my buds hahah to stoney not like the weed they smoked in the 70s.. they are happy with the bud trim..

perks to trimming in pot - the plant sits straight up like it was in flower and you can put the pot in front your favorite recliner and tv :) and trim away.. grows 10 plants or less thats how i trim.. also depends on you grow ..

my outdoor, i leaf the sun leaf at the spot the plant was grown then cut it carry home hang till dry, and leaf the rest by hand like how partybro explained.. lol sorry i neva have one link..

Alohha Cuzzan
Squidy :ciao:

:ciao: Cuzzzz~

No worries about da link, yeah? I beeeen watching and reading and stuff. My main concern is to NOT HAVE da GREEN taste! ewwww...

Mahalo for da info and for stoppin by :)

I think you'll be fine, no worries...just remember it'll have a green taste if you smoke it before proper cure is complete!!

:ciao: Aloha, my friend!

:welcome: Aloha MPer's~
Just wanted to update a lil since it has been a while. This is a kinda boring time (in an exciting anticipatory way) bc there's not much to do but make sure everyone is happy and fed which, for the most part, they are.

Gave first feed of Cha Ching @ 50% a few days ago and my buds look like someone set a lil firecrack'a off inside each of them and they are bursting... but in a good way! It could be the additive or perhaps just the time in their cycle to add some weight. Next week I will try a lil higher "%'age" since it will be my indicas last chance to eat so to speak.

As soon as I feed one thing I refill my rez (not hydro) with @ 18-20 gal. of RO water and begin my "Tea"; Its the lighter version of what FF schedule is + 75% cal/mag. & PH'd to 6.5.
I let that sucker brew for atleast a day or two or three.

Swt Dreams says 8 wks to finish and I will stop feeds @ 10-14 days from then. (prolly Monday = +10).
AK-47 says 8-9 weeks so I still have time to feed a little lighter (bc they are lighter feeders than the others). So about another week and a half.
SoDiesel says 10 weeks so really I have another two weeks for feeds. (these gals are "chunky"! & WE ALL LUV CHUNKY GALS!!:icon_smile: )

My biggest concern for the day was if I should stake them up or not (that's a great day! :)). So I did a few and willl do more as I go.

They seem fine so far. How'd I do my first time?

S7300607.JPGS7300609.JPG

Remember that indica that started off a lil "twisted"? her buds are BEAUTIFUL and hard as rocks! ( I may be prejudice a lil but these really are pretty buds )

S7300628.JPGS7300631.JPGS7300633.JPG

I have been "collecting" genetics so that I may have a variety of choices for my respective grows as I go along, however, I do not feel as tho I have done "the best" job growing these yet so in addition to a few others I have popped at this juncture I have these girls to go again.

How awesome would it be to get that dialed in...(& organic!)

:ciao: mahalo MP~

Roddy said:
I think you'll be fine, no worries...just remember it'll have a green taste if you smoke it before proper cure is complete!!

:ciao: Aloha, my friend!

Mahalo Roddy & :ciao:~

because you know I wanna smoke it already, huh? :hubba:

aloha~

Aloha MP'ers~

Had some problems with my computer screen cracking and was finding it impossible to access the pictures therein... Then I thought hmmmm... I'll upload from my other one and finish this out here. :doh:

First I would like to thank the few ppl who have helped me here and thought this (and me) valuable enough to contribute, for that, mucho grande mahalo!

I have since harvested all three strains successfully and about 10 days apart which made me very busy for quite some time. I'd like to say I know a great deal about harvesting but in truth harvesting taught me more about LST'ing then anything else; the "what-not-to-do's", so to speak.

I have all jarred up and hygrometers placed within to regulate and monitor the internal RH... the "A Perfect Cure Every Time" thing. Had to try it and I'm glad I did.

This smoke is smooth and sweet tasting but with the "knock-you-out" kinda buzz that is soooo subtle that it sneaks up on ya. Excellent for help with insomnia! My intentions for this strain all along and I am not disappointed at all.

DSCN0312 (1).JPG DSCN0320 (1).JPG Sweet Dreams @ harvest.
DSCN0340.JPG DSCN0341.JPG DSCN0353.JPG
DSCN0359.JPG DSCN0363.JPG LST'ing
DSCN0369.JPG vs Non-LST'd = Yield was almost the same except way easier with the LST bc the buds were larger, of course.

Now for the Sour Diesel and AK-47~

AK's were simple to harvest and I dedicated a few to Ice-Hash, which came out beautifully. The "one hit wonder" moniker this strain has is very accurate except without the wanting to sleep thing and that's a beautiful thing! lol

Sour Diesel was the easiest to harvest due to mostly just huge, ginormous, chunky-fat-resin-crusted buds. The smoke doesn't have that strong flavor I wanted its a lil milder, however...

The yield was ridiculous & double what the other two were together and the hash yield is HUGE! Plus... it makes for tasty Canna-Butter and therefore my brownies and cookies turned out pretty darn good too!

DSCN0488.JPG DSCN0504.JPGDSCN0493.JPG DSCN0530a.JPGSour D @ harvest.
DSCN0567.JPG DSCN0571.JPG "MJ-Math"... 8 ft. tent with 4 rows of buds, equals... yeah ridiculous! :rofl:
DSCN0573.JPG DSCN0603.JPG AK's in the "cure-zone".

:ciao: Aloha~

Pua!!! LOOKS AWSOME ... you going be burning out evryone for awhile, everyone you know going come visit now :rofl: .. great job and congrats!!

Plenti Aloha
Squidy

What a great journal. And I just started reading it as you were posting your harvest pictures. :D

Inspiring and answered a few questions I have about my own grow since this is the first time I've really "flowered" my plants. Also good to hear you liked that cure method- I'm about to buy my hygrometers today.

Enjoy the results they look terrific- WELL DONE.

Latest posts

Back