Nanners I Curse You To Hades!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I made the unchangeable decision, she is dead........R.I.P. Miss Diesel. :( She is drying now.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and advice.

-SSF-

dman1234 said:
I hear ya, but to run a humidifer for a day, wipe down walls and do a sulphur burn, thats easy, i will be making this my new, between crop ritual.

Thx
What's a sulphur burn?

Gixxerman420 said:
What's a sulphur burn?

its when you burn sulphur in a sulphur burner, it kills powdery mildew, if you have never had PM i wouldnt worry about it.

i am cleaning room today so i was checking this thread, sorry i didnt see your Q sooner

dman1234 said:
its when you burn sulphur in a sulphur burner, it kills powdery mildew, if you have never had PM i wouldnt worry about it.

i am cleaning room today so i was checking this thread, sorry i didnt see your Q sooner
How much is a sulphur burner? My buddy has gotten it a cpl times and I forget what he used, so I was thinking of suggesting this to him.

I havent checked for awhile, but you should find them for 70-100 bucks online, you can also find a diy if you google it,

If your buddy's PM has returned after different grows a sulphur burner is the answer, i have never seen PM again since i got one.

dman1234 said:
I havent checked for awhile, but you should find them for 70-100 bucks online, you can also find a diy if you google it,

If your buddy's PM has returned after different grows a sulphur burner is the answer, i have never seen PM again since i got one.
Well awesome thank you for the, its come back 3 times now I think.... The Bubba Kush had it same with the Humberry and the Blue Cheese / Pineapple.

*Burning paper packs of matches in bulk is 5x cheaper the a sulphur burner with 2x more sulphur released. Just not convienant if using it as daily treatment.

*1.00 per box, 50 matchbooks@ 20 Matches per book

Found at any grocer.

:)

OGKushman said:
*Burning paper packs of matches in bulk is 5x cheaper the a sulphur burner with 2x more sulphur released. Just not convienant if using it as daily treatment.

*1.00 per box, 50 matchbooks@ 20 Matches per book

Found at any grocer.

:)

Does that really work though ? just asking.

I burn for 4-5 hrs all fans and exhaust off, i do it twice per grow, once just before my seedlings go in there from the other room,
and once when i flip to flowering light sched, have never had it comeback since i started this.

SensiStarFan said:
....ok. A few hours of reflection and bongloads of Sensi Star later I am ready to take the good with the bad. The nanners showing up are probably the results of me, not the beans. I had to screw with their light schedule for two days in a row because of repairmen doing work in my home starting 3 days before the nanners showed and I think this is the result. (Basically I had the lights off for 3-6 hours in the middle of the plant's "daytime" while people were here). I spent a good amount of time checking over the 4 other monster girls in my flowering area and none of them are showing any signs of nanners. The other plants are; an LA Ultra, 2 Sensi Stars, and one other NYC Diesel that is a different pheno.
This was my first time growing the NYC Diesel AND also trying to grow a 10 week strain so I am sure my nute feedings were not what the plant needed exactly. I saw a little burn as well as some slight yellowing leaves here and there so the nute mix for this one is not yet right at all. In other words I stressed her.....but I honestly didn't think it was enough to start throwing nanners at me :(

At this point I am planning on chopping it down tomorrow. I have three clones from this plant and I plan on growing them out again. This strain was looking and smelling great so I am not ready to give up on her yet. If they hermie again without me making any mistakes then I will be sure it is the genetics and not me.

So it is time to spin this story like a seasoned politician........
Ok first of all......anyone want brownies? I think I might just take the few buds with nanners (less than 25% of the plant so far) and make a batch of cannabutter. Second, this just frees up more space in my flower area for me to focus the lights down on the remaining plants for the last two weeks of flower and give them even more light/attention. Third, even if this plant is not a genetic hermie and I grow it out again and it is fine I will have at least learned that it does have a very low stress-to-hermie threshold. Fourth, I was beginning to see cloudy trichs so even though it is supposed to be a 10 week strain it is a couple days into week 8 and might still smoke well.

-SSF-

What do I have to do to beat some sense into you Americano's and your crazy nana prejudice?

Hmm, yes, something Monty Pythonish, a dead wet kipper thrashed about your bonce might do it huh?

No your plant is not a genetic hermie as that would mean you had proper male plant structures on your plant and not a few bally nana's!

I've had this out a dozen times, especially with our good man Hick who is especially rabid about the nana thang as he said a grow was ruined by nana's
and when pressed on the subject put his hands up to maybe a real ladyboy was peeing on his chips!

Nana's- and I'm typing this slowly just fer you, are not the result of inbred hermaphrodism but are merely a perfectly natural response to the stress of being kept virgin and undusted and is a last gasp joker up the sleeve for a cannabis population that has been kept in an unpollinated state.

It's perfectly natural, is not due to hermaphrodism and will not mess up your grow, just maybe produce a few seeds within the bud that the nana's reside in.

They just don't shower dust like a fully formed male flower, they don't have that ability by virtue of their physicality, meaning, they actually hold very little pollen and don't even open up like proper male flowers.

When it comes to nana's, know them for what they are and just chill!

I might have taken that more seriously had not it been dripping with such sarcasm.

nanners are 90% genetic. the light fluctuation/heat theory is grossly overstated. its true that a plant in extreme panic mode will last ditch try to self pollinate but its usually just unstable genes. All femminized seeds are hermaphrodite no matter what.

nanners arent bad though ive had many grows with nanners and no seeds dank weed...but they are herms.

Rockster said:
What do I have to do to beat some sense into you Americano's and your crazy nana prejudice?

Hmm, yes, something Monty Pythonish, a dead wet kipper thrashed about your bonce might do it huh?

No your plant is not a genetic hermie as that would mean you had proper male plant structures on your plant and not a few bally nana's!

I've had this out a dozen times, especially with our good man Hick who is especially rabid about the nana thang as he said a grow was ruined by nana's
and when pressed on the subject put his hands up to maybe a real ladyboy was peeing on his chips!

Nana's- and I'm typing this slowly just fer you, are not the result of inbred hermaphrodism but are merely a perfectly natural response to the stress of being kept virgin and undusted and is a last gasp joker up the sleeve for a cannabis population that has been kept in an unpollinated state.

It's perfectly natural, is not due to hermaphrodism and will not mess up your grow, just maybe produce a few seeds within the bud that the nana's reside in.

They just don't shower dust like a fully formed male flower, they don't have that ability by virtue of their physicality, meaning, they actually hold very little pollen and don't even open up like proper male flowers.

sorry i hadnt read this, but its 100% thanks rockster I talk myself blue to people about "nanners"(im in america). the pods full of are pollen bombs but the nanners wont seeds you out. both are herm and both are natural and both can be a sign of genetic degradation.

ANY plant that expreses both gender flowers "IS" a hermie.. "Hermies procreate hermies"..
Both are a fact. ....and are NOT a desirable characteristic. and should not be a part in any breeding project. It is NOT.. "okay sometimes".. :mad:
THAT is only heard from those that have the undesirable trait, and can't or haven't for whatever reason, eliminated it.
Not just 'my' opinion, but the opinion of the old school breeders that worked hard and diligent to eliminate it from their drug quality strains. WHY?.. because they know it is detrimental to producing the top quality strains that the pollen chuckers are turning into hermie hemp. :)

Undesirable? Sign of hermie?

If the plants are devoting energy to growing nanners and then "producing a few seeds within the buds", then I do consider the grow messed up. The plants are wasting energy growing nanners and seeds instead of continuing to focus all of their energy on bud growth. If the nanners release any pollen at all I will need to give my entire flowering area a scrub-down after each grow. If I want to try breeding again like I did in my last grow I will have nanner pollen as well in the flowering area so I will not know if the seeds I tried to create were made with the pollen I wanted or stray nanner pollen. I guess what I am trying to say is that if I can grow plants that don't throw nanners, why grow plants that do? Maybe if it was the greatest smoke ever it would be worth it to deal with the nanners but I just don't see myself wanting to deal with them. Just my opinion,

-SSF-

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SensiStarFan again.

pull em. your close enough. i pulled 8-9week strains at 5 weeks due to nanners and still was hella potent smoke. just a bit light, and a speedy high with a bit of extra paranoia. but thats what it seems like people want. they want to get stoned and clean the house. Im realizing the average consumer is not so happy with a heavy narcotic of a pure landrace indica/kush (although its my fav,due to anxiety). but since NYC diesel leans to the sativa side most people who like it wont mind the extra "zing"

one thing thing i noticed about early harvested bud is that the average (dummy) smoker mistakes a speedy paranoid high for being extremely "too high"./potent which works in your favor.... just my $0.02

Latest posts

Back