Need a little help sexing plants please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherryD-OG

Reaction score
Hello all i am new to this and have a good strong healthy crop growing right now. I started my seeds in Jan of this year and have been keeping my babies on a 18-6 light cycle. i find it very easy to see the female plants but with this specific strain i am finding it harder to find the males. I was given the seeds by a close friend in Cali and am the only person with this strain as of right now in my area. i will attach a picture. any help would be much appreciated.

Looks like a boy......... keep it around for a few more days to be 100% sure.

Leaning boy but I also would hang on to it for another week. Plenty of time before he becomes dangerous if it is a he. jmo

Thank you all i was leaning Boy but will hold on i have the numbers for the dep i plan to run so i will hot them out and see what happens

Do you have alternating nodes yet? This usually (though not always) happens before plants show preflowers.

They look stretched. What lights are you using?

I was told by my friend to take my clones for my next crop from the tops of all of the females. he is saying this will give me the best clones as well as cause the mother plants to bush out giving more weight when i dep them.

Well Cherry, the thing is, they needed to be topped a long time ago. Now is better than never however. So you could top them all now and bring the light down so you don't get so much stretch. Stretch is just the distance between the leaf nodes. It is ideal to have those very tight, close. If this is your first grow your doing fine. That is what you are here for to learn. I guess if these were my plants I would cut off a third of the plant and move the light down.

A thousand-watt bulb, what kind, metal halide? Please ask any questions because we all want to see you succeed.

Thank you very much. I am using a metal Halide but only from about 7pm on otherwise it is natural sun light. My plan is to move them outside tonight and transplant them in the bed they will finish in. I am doing a out door light deprivation grow modeled after what i have learned from my friend who is working in Cali These are the first of two deps that i will be doing this year outside. these should finish the end of June and the second grow will go in the ground in July some time and finish in September or early October. i will also plant a few scattered around my 60 acres for a full sun crop.

I am on a tight budget. i have maybe $300 into growing these girls so far. thank you for the support and i will continue to send pictures and post as i go thru the process.

Latest posts

Back