Need help for building a total area 15' by 18' Raw Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JYogi

Reaction score
I have the ability to grow 60 plants per state law for patients that are interested in certifying me as their caregiver. Before I do this (I used to back in school so I have experience but things have changed for the better and that was a long time ago.) I want to research and work on getting the best set up built to properly serves my patients needs.

Right now I have a wide open space 15' wide and 18' length, my ceilings are 7.25' high.

I want to use one heater and one AC unit for this entire area. They will be stand alone units and the ventilation as well as air flor vents will be shot up through a tube about 30 feet up to exit just a few inches above the roof (all woods behind my house)

Anyway, my main ? is how would those of you with experience properly section this off to make best use of your space to operate a hydro system or water table on a continuous rotation (I think I will need 4 rooms in that space for the various stages and drying???).... I would like to be getting a small harvest or some amount of quality medicine ready to be picked ever couple weeks.

What are your thoughts?

Those of you who have been using a hydro or water table for sometime now what would you do with this space and the ability to have this amount of life.

Also, how much electricity (AMP) would you want to run for an area like this... Again doing this right the first time, no I wish I woulda got..... I do not want to have construction or electricians out here again once this is built.

I know there is lots of great advice here which I will go through for certain but this is just an urgent and specific ? so I can just start the rough build... Once I get the rooms laid out and work going on the I can spend proper time researching equipment etc.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Peach be with you!

PS IF possible I would like to take a small area and dedicate it to just a few plants which would only stay in one small room their whole life, these being dirt plants. Now due to equipment costs I may not have this room running first harvest BUT if possible spacewise I would like to at least build the room even if not equip it to get all construction work done at once. I just think it would be fun to have a small area to do a few personal plants for the flavor variety and all.... If this is pushing it just forget it all together the other is my main focus for now anyway.

What is your working budget? Setting up a grow this size is going to take some real cash. And IMO, starting out with a grow this size could be a mistake. There is a HUGE learning curve with this indoor growing stuff. I have been growing longer than many here have been alive and I would still hesitate to take on a 60 plant grow.

Nah, do it. Whats your budget and we can get started.

if your gonna set the whole room up so its future proof think about the maximum amount of equipment that can fit in there for power/amps eg. 10-12 HID lights 1000w each+ 2000w ac unit+ 2000w heater+ ventilation +40% for wiring and ballasts. you probably wont use this much stuff i'm just guessing but for all that stuff you'd be using about 24000w, watts divided by volts equals amps, so 24000/120=200amps!!! you'll need to put in some beefy electrics

todoobie said:
Hemp Goddess is that you in your profile pic? you don't look that old:D

LOL--no, that is not me. However it looks amazing like I looked.....say 35 or so years ago :giggle:. I am a grandma with grandkids in high school now.

stonegroove said:
if your gonna set the whole room up so its future proof think about the maximum amount of equipment that can fit in there for power/amps eg. 10-12 HID lights 1000w each+ 2000w ac unit+ 2000w heater+ ventilation +40% for wiring and ballasts. you probably wont use this much stuff i'm just guessing but for all that stuff you'd be using about 24000w, watts divided by volts equals amps, so 24000/120=200amps!!! you'll need to put in some beefy electrics

If you have the chance to wire a room, most of your equipment will not be 120. All HID's will be 240 along with AC. Then the rest will be 120 for misc around the room. You can never have enough outlets of both currents.

FYI, I still have not run the math, but am working on it. Of long term cost of running exchangers and Hydrogen CO2 vs fans and AC certain times of the year. I know for sure the room would be silent via the 1st option. If you lean that way, overhead hot and cold water lines are the way to go.

ahhhh THG is the HEMP GODDESS, i will be watching....ahahahahahahaaha

Latest posts

Back