Need help i dont know if im growing right indoor..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z450rider91

growing learner
Reaction score
I have a 400 watt hps light in my closet, which is 3 feet wide 5 feet long, and 5 feet high. my plants are 4 days old and ive just been watering them with water. no nutes or anything. when do i start feeding them nutes? They are 1.5 inches tall. I have jacks 20-20-20 blend is that good? or should i invest in better nutes cause i want a big yeild. Im growing critical mass and Special queen. I have a total of 6 plants growing. I need help cause im new at growing indoor.

read read read....The resources is a great start...just watter for the first couple weeks..take care and be safe

I have read so much i am just trying to seek help from experienced growers and how do you post images on here? so i can show you what im dealing with.

And what should my lighting be? when my plants are 1.5 inches tall. And how high should my light be and how many times a day should i water them???

Hi ya,i would not start feeding for atleast 2 weeks,does it not state on the soil bag how long it can feed the plants for ?

i use biobizz allmix and they say to feed after 2 weeks 1ml per litre of water of grow eatch feeding,i do this without any problems.

you really need to learn how to read your plants then you will know for sure when it is time to start feeding,i know that it can be very hard to learn this when you are new to it all,it takes time to learn,never give up.

what soil have you planted in

you need to read alot mate

btw your 400watt light will take them from start to finish ok,just got to watch out just incase they are getting too hot under the light thats all.

you are best off using a lower wattage T5 tubes or cfl to save a bit of money,i use a 250watt cfl and this light is good for me right up untill i put them into flowering.

sorry i do not know anything about jacks 20-20-20 so i cant help you on that one mate,someone ealse might be able to though hopefully

and yes you can post photos on here,its the best way for anyone to help you out,you may need to resize your photos though thats all

peace

z450rider91 said:
I have a 400 watt hps light in my closet, which is 3 feet wide 5 feet long, and 5 feet high. my plants are 4 days old and ive just been watering them with water. no nutes or anything. when do i start feeding them nutes? They are 1.5 inches tall. I have jacks 20-20-20 blend is that good? or should i invest in better nutes cause i want a big yeild. Im growing critical mass and Special queen. I have a total of 6 plants growing. I need help cause im new at growing indoor.

NO NUTES FOR THREE WEEKS!!! I have the same light in a 3x3x6 tent Over eight plants and get phenomenal results... Don't forget that more, smaller plants will give you the same or better yeild in a shorter time frame, to a point... Wanna veg. your ladies for at least four weeks to give them time to sexually mature and be manipulated (by topping or using LST) to have a good canopy with lots of bud sites up top! I prefer to use daylight spectrum CFL's for vegetative growth because it's much lower cost and because of the lack of heat, you can place the bulbs just inches from the plants! Makes for a lot less stretching and less cooling costs... Not to mention that the blue spectrum is better for luscious vegetative growth than the red spectrum of HPS... Definitely keep the HPS for flowering though, and in the future, switch your generic 400 watt bulb out for a son agro 430 watt with added blue spectrum... Noticeable difference in yield for sure! I like the fox farm line of nutrients, but when it really comedown to it, if your soil is healthy (I.e. Good microorganisms, pH, etc.) nitrogen is nitrogen,potassium is potassium,and phosphates are phosphates! Just really depends on your personal preferences, fox farm is organic and is the primary reason I use it over other brands... Not too mention that I've had issues with 20-20-20 blends in the past! No "self feeding soils" either! These will burn your seedlings into a stunted veg. cycle and prolong your time to harvest by at least a week or more! Hope this helps a bit! Good luck brother!

z450rider91 said:
I have read so much i am just trying to seek help from experienced growers and how do you post images on here? so i can show you what im dealing with.
When you reply to this post again, scroll down below the text box you type in and click "manage attachments"... You can then pick up to 5 pix to add at a time!

yes self feeding soils can cause weed plants big problems,if i had to use a self feeding soil then i would make sure i flushed the helll out of it with pure water before i used it,this means that you try your best to flush as much of the nutes out of it as you possibly can before using it.

remember if your soil do not have any perlite in it add some,this will help your soil plants big time

z450rider91 said:
And what should my lighting be? when my plants are 1.5 inches tall. And how high should my light be and how many times a day should i water them???

I have seedlings @ 4 days old today... I mist them with a water bottle once a day (under CFL's) so if your vegging under the HPS as well, probably 2-3 times daily! You don't want the planter "heavy" with water... But not too light either! Balance my friend is key! Listen to your ladies, they'll let you know what they need! And always remember that you have a huge support net here, no question is too taboo or obvious to ask... We all had to learn some how!

biggerbuds said:
yes self feeding soils can cause weed plants big problems,if i had to use a self feeding soil then i would make sure i flushed the helll out of it with pure water before i used it,this means that you try your best to flush as much of the nutes out of it as you possibly can before using it.

remember if your soil do not have any perlite in it add some,this will help your soil plants big time
Funny you mention perlite, I use a 40/60 mix of perlite/fox farm ocean forrest and it works phenomenally! Good call bro!

one thing to remember also is to never spray or mist your plants when the lights are on,you will burn the leaves if you do.

also too much misting can mess your leaves up too so watch out for that,when i first started out growing i used to allways mist them down,maybe because i used to like the look of the wet leaves,but as time when on i learned my lesson about over doing it,so now i never spray them,well only if i am trying to get rid of spider mites or something.

i find this very important,never spray her down with water in flowering because you can get bud-rot very easy & that sucks

all the best BB

here is what im dealing with

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

The 400w light you have is good for 10 squared foot. It puts out 50k lumens and you need 5k lumens per square foot.

In veg you need 3k per square foot so your good there as in veg your light is good for 16 square foot

You have 15 square foot. Before flower you will need a better or additional light.

Ok,so are you going to be growing in just soil or hydroponics too ? because i see you have rockwool there.

did you start all seeds off in rockwool or not ?,for me i would never use rockwool anywhere near my soil grows because the only time i did try the two together my plants died on me.so yer for me i would only be using rockwool for a hydroponic grow only,but hey this is just me.

Ok all you got to do now is make sure they do not dry out completely and make sure that you do not drown them by watering them too often.

how are you watering them at the moment ? how often and how much ?

they are looking ok at the moment though mate so well done so far,in a few weeks time they should be good little plants if everything is ok for them.

lets see how they settle in for now then mate,if something is wrong they will soon let us know about it,if you are using tap water remember mate to always leave it to stand out for a few days before using it on the plants to let the chlorine evaporate from the water & to let the water heat up to room temp.really though mate when they are that small burning up a 400watt hid is a big waste,if you can go get them a 250 cfl i would go get it asap & partition the room space off untill they grow bigger.

biggerbuds said:
one thing to remember also is to never spray or mist your plants when the lights are on,you will burn the leaves if you do.

This is a myth that just won't die! Only mist with the lights on- doing so during lights off is bad for your plants too.

The only bad thing about misting with the lights on is potential damage to your light! It will not hurt your plants.

OP- 4u2smoke gave you good advice. You really need to do some reading or you wouldn't be asking the questions you're asking.

No offense meant.;)

yeah im doing both hydroponics and soil i water myh plants 5 times a day is that too much?

bbfan buds is right here you know,i been told by everyone even man in hydro shop that you should never get water on leafs when lights are on because it burns them.even everywhere around the net says this too ??

i feel sorry for buds everyone picking on him like this,he sounds like he knows his stuff,why is this happening evertime he writes something ?

i understand bud what has happend to you,you are not alone

I would not mist seedlings--they do not need it and it can cause damping off.

Latest posts

Back