Need ideas for new grow space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you have more accurate measurements?

DWC is easy, IMO, but you'll really want (need) a continuous read-out ph/ppm(temp) meter.
So easy to walk past, glance @ the #'s and know its all good or needs tweaking VS bring out the pens and rinse them off and storage liquid for the ph etc.

imo a big scale grow is not easy with a DWC system. i would go for flood and drain, or drip systems, but if you are determined to eventually grow in soil, then imo it is best to just start with soil and skip hydro

Off to go look at drums to build my automated watering system,

1. 275gal
2. 55gal
3. 55gal
4. 20gal
5. 20gal

Sweet!
(you made CLEAR where the dimension went to IE OD or ID of room/wall :heart:)

I will bang out a drawing tonight!

Too bad I don't have the drawing program I worked with for 10 years (won't run on PC with an OS newer than Win2k... emulator?)
I did filing room layout/optimization for Dr's offices and hospitals.

I'm going to keep the window open and see if you have any input I can edit in.

So feel free to throw ideas around

I threw in a wall dividing the electrical/water room from the rest and assumed you would be walling in the ENTIRE garage area... just assumptions
:48:

View attachment PICT1129.jpg

wow I think (I have not opened or run the program yet) that may be just what the Dr. ordered...

FP3D (floor plan) was my program, looks like there are a few free versions out there.

Tonight's project (after rez swap)

Well I had the 4 lights fixtures on order, 12 lamp HO T-5s. Those were so cheap I went ahead and ordered 2 more. That brings the total lamp count to 72 lamps, 3888watts, 360,000 lumens covering 140 sq ft, I think that's a good start. Next I will see about a few around on the walls.

Kinda thinking something like this for lighting layout, I have the veg room lights all here, 6 12 lamp T-5 fixtures to start with. In the bloom room, I will be using SunSystems air cooled 1000 watt double ended fixtures, 10 of them, later I might look at adding LEP, LEC, or LED to aid the blooming spectrum.

View attachment image.jpg

I'm going to keep the window open and see if you have any input I can edit in.

So feel free to throw ideas around

I threw in a wall dividing the electrical/water room from the rest and assumed you would be walling in the ENTIRE garage area... just assumptions

:48:

That is a sweet setup you sketched up. You even kept his boxed in deliver part he wanted.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Trying to get a list of equipment needed, I almost forgot about wall mount fans, and clone rack. I'm sure I'm missing other things oh like a water test and monitoring system, and what else. Let's hear it what els might I need

overall sizes add wall thickness... I.D. should be correct

Looks great, I'm thinking the little roomby the garage area will just be left open for dirt work, ie cement mixer and workspace

Well today was a deal scoring day,
7- four tube T-5 fixtures for 100$,

3pumps to move my water around the shop 120

3 triple, and one double Orbit sprinkler manifold with sprinkler valves for 80

2 sprinkler timers and outdoor timer boxes for 40,

count less other small items I spent 380 today, on 1200 worth of equipment,

I LOVE LIQUIDATION CENTERS.

With RO mix it 2:1 with tap if tap is not nasty if you have good tap use it any way.

Well today was a deal scoring day,
7- four tube T-5 fixtures for 100$,

3pumps to move my water around the shop 120

3 triple, and one double Orbit sprinkler manifold with sprinkler valves for 80

2 sprinkler timers and outdoor timer boxes for 40,

count less other small items I spent 380 today, on 1200 worth of equipment,

I LOVE LIQUIDATION CENTERS.

Oh I forgot the per filter unit for my water system, that was free.

Very nice, someone else working on a project I am.

Here my watering system layout from supply to plant.

Pre filter for sediment-> RO system-> 275 gallon tank, with air stone and circulation pump-> 110v pump, remote controlled, or timer activated-> jandy valve motor activated-> 2-275 tank with air stone and circulation pump, one for the veg room, one for the bloom room-> 110v pump, remote controlled, or timer activated-> sprinkler manifold with solenoid valves, remote controlled or timer activated-> 1/2 PVC lines with drip line manifolds every 4'-> 1/4 lines with drip emitters 1/2 gpm, four per plant.

Pre filter $20.00
RO. $200.00
275 tank. $100.00 ea
In line transfer pump. $20.00 ea
Sprinkler manifold w/ valves. $30.00 ea
1/2 PVC sch 20 20' length $2.00 ea
1/4 drip line 100'. $10.00
1/2 gpm drip emitters 50pcs. $1.00
12 station orbit IRIS timer w/ remote $200.00
Single pole 120v w/ 24v coil contactor. $10.00 ea
Sprinkler timer box. $10.00 ea
12x12x4 ele pull box. $20.00

With this system I'm able to water from anywhere in the world as it's web based, I will hard pipe my warehouse with the PVC, I will be using the sprinkler timers 24v signal to activate contactors to operate my transfer pumps either by the timer, with the remote that the timer comes with, or with the web access app.

RO will fill the 275 tank for storage, a pump will move it to a motorized jandy valve that will fill the tank either in the bloom, veg, or mother rooms

The sprinkler manifolds will have the same transfer pump system before the valves, this will be my pressure to the sprinkler manifold, which of course will be hooked to the timer, and will feed the drip system at each table.

Waste water will be drained from tables and into collection for testing.

In front of the RO and in back of the RO is a dual TDS sensor, it costs $30.00

And the Hanna monitoring system is $600.00

So for 1000 bucks I have a system I can operate with a remote control, it's on timers, and I can access it from the web.
Thank you I'll be here all week.

Thank you I'll be here all week.

lol---i already bought tickets for the 10pm show tomorrow---are tix for the slide show still available

Latest posts

Back