Need ideas for new grow space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the rough layout dimensions over to a friend over at Nanolux, to optimize the lighting. Really want the new DE fixtures

Ok finally nailed down the room sizes.

Bloom room- 13' 10"x14', as close as I could get to 14x14.

Veg room- 10'x10', this allows for the lights to be spaced off the walls 1' all the way around.

Open work space-9'x7'

right on

I brought my favorite toy home for the weekend to measure out (and draw up) my basement.

I'll update your drawing too. :48:
[ same room/hall layout? - 3' doors? - entire 1/3 left open for garage area? ]

possibly start a thread of my own.

View attachment PICT1142.jpg

right on

I brought my favorite toy home for the weekend to measure out (and draw up) my basement.

I'll update your drawing too. :48:
[ same room/hall layout? - 3' doors? - entire 1/3 left open for garage area? ]

possibly start a thread of my own.

Oh hell yeah baby I used mine all day today, building walls in the office space/ living area.

Here's a rough dirty drawing of the areas I measured out last night
View attachment image.jpg

The 14' runs towards the door, that 13'10"wall couldn't be bigger because of that existing door coming into the warehouse area.

IMO...the key is maximizing your power, meaning..running as many lights in an area as the power will allow. 100 amp 3 phase will allow you to run about 18 lights or so with all the cooling and accessories. In the scheme of things...it's not much power for a shop that big.
That's a big shop to only run a 14x14 flower room, especially if your gonna run DE set-ups. I am not sure if you started swingin' hammers or not, but really take a look at maximizing your flower room.

As far as the Veg room, it doesn't need to be near as big. I understand that you want a perpetual grow, but once you place them in the flower room, the plants will double in size, so you can get away with a smaller veg.

What are your plans for cooling? 5 ton AC? Mini split?

For security, take a look at SimpliSafe. Do it your self set up with 24/7 monitoring. If something happens, they call YOU, not the cops. I run these alarms in all my spots.

The biggest mistake I see folks make in large warehouse grows is the main exhaust, or rather the lack of one. It is VERY important to exhaust air from the main warehouse, replenishing the air in the shop. You shouldn't need a powered intake, as the warehouse door itself allows air into the shop. There is always a gap at the top of the roll up door.

Think about a filtered trim area. I personally just trim in the main flower room, as that is where the filters are for the most part. Trim time is the most vulnerable time, maximum reekage.

Are you gonna run sealed rooms with CO2 or pull air? It's tit for tat really.

Make sure your electrician knows whats up. Use 3phase breakers with 3 phase contactors and a 110 timer to fire the contactor to fire the main lights. Unless you are going with Gavita's, in that case, have dedicated live outlets wired for the lights and trigger them by using the EL1 or 2 controller by Gavita. Balancing your elec panel is CRITICAL. Prob the most important part of firing up a big show.

IMO...the key is maximizing your power, meaning..running as many lights in an area as the power will allow. 100 amp 3 phase will allow you to run about 18 lights or so with all the cooling and accessories. In the scheme of things...it's not much power for a shop that big.
That's a big shop to only run a 14x14 flower room, especially if your gonna run DE set-ups. I am not sure if you started swingin' hammers or not, but really take a look at maximizing your flower room.

I'm really limited by this panel, hence the size of the bloom room, I figure I can only get about 10 DE running 110% @220V, that's about 55-60 amps I guess I could take the bloom room up to 250 sqft. Based on a 5x5 footprint

As far as the Veg room, it doesn't need to be near as big. I understand that you want a perpetual grow, but once you place them in the flower room, the plants will double in size, so you can get away with a smaller veg.

I think I will also maximize the room with veg shelves instead of wasted floor space with tables in there.
What are your plans for cooling? 5 ton AC? Mini split?
my air guy is going to handle that, but I think a 3-5 ton unit, is going to be the cost effective route
For security, take a look at SimpliSafe. Do it your self set up with 24/7 monitoring. If something happens, they call YOU, not the cops. I run these alarms in all my spots.
oh very nice thanx for the heads up, I'll be lookin into that

The biggest mistake I see folks make in large warehouse grows is the main exhaust, or rather the lack of one. It is VERY important to exhaust air from the main warehouse, replenishing the air in the shop. You shouldn't need a powered intake, as the warehouse door itself allows air into the shop. There is always a gap at the top of the roll up door.
one great thing about this space is the 12 14-16" roof vents, all just waiting to be piped back on to, I'll have enough to vent the warehouse area and the rooms built in that area. My air guy will handle all this.

Think about a filtered trim area. I personally just trim in the main flower room, as that is where the filters are for the most part. Trim time is the most vulnerable time, maximum reekage.
i will be setting up a smoking and trimming area with filters
Are you gonna run sealed rooms with CO2 or pull air? It's tit for tat really.
i will be setting up a filtered room for trimming and smoking with filters inline
Make sure your electrician knows whats up. Use 3phase breakers with 3 phase contactors and a 110 timer to fire the contactor to fire the main lights. Unless you are going with Gavita's, in that case, have dedicated live outlets wired for the lights and trigger them by using the EL1 or 2 controller by Gavita. Balancing your elec panel is CRITICAL. Prob the most important part of firing up a big show.
guess that's me, I'm doing all the wiring, lol. I was thinking 3 phased contactors fired by a 24V coil triggered from a sprinkler timer, but the EL2 would be nice, just need to wire 10 220V outlets in the ceiling.

Just added up the amps for the veg room lights, 55amps, yikes.
Add in the bloom lights 55amps, looks like a new panel is in my future.

Well 225 amp 3phase. I'm not paying for 400 when I know I'm going to bounce in a year.

Security ordered, found out I'm on high leg delta, fml, put in for panel upgrade from my cheesy 100 amp 120/208 panel. Dam city is getting noisy now, can't wait till I'm all in. I got girls growing at an alarming rate, wanted to get them into the new space before transplanting again, but I got roots coming out of the bottom of the bags.

Ahhh I feel like Tweek, Aahh Too Much Pressure!

Latest posts

Back