Need watering ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, thanks kush, im actually in the bay. I didn't even think to check my hydro stores. Organic isn't tr first thing that pops to mind thinking hydro stores, haha.

ok you got me---i have used smart pots and stopped cause my yield did not change---but i will try some holes in the side and hope i don't lose all my soil lol---

sorry for the hijack and jumping off track a bit ston-loc---:48:

Here is what the bag looks like. I think it says powdered on it. Have to look later.

hxxp://www.lillymiller.com/sweeteners.html

I see alot on here about ppl having probs finding lots of diff mined organic materials, organic ferts, etc etc. we must be lucky here in WA. Cause theres a farm supply store everywhere. Theres even a worm farm that sells tea that will scare plants!

nouvellechef said:
Here is what the bag looks like. I think it says powdered on it. Have to look later.

I see alot on here about ppl having probs finding lots of diff mined organic materials, organic ferts, etc etc. we must be lucky here in WA. Cause theres a farm supply store everywhere. Theres even a worm farm that sells tea that will scare plants!

:D :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

nouvellechef said:

yeah we are very lucky ....that worm Farm is the Largest In World...Ive grounded up lime...seem to work well...and ston-loc if the small bag perlite all ya find is good..this goes along way...Im a have a looksee in those rice hulls...maybe get some free beer while Im there:D

I used a old water tank out of a trailer to catch rain water for my plants. I'm sure you could use for a drip system with that idea. Larger grow pots grows larger plants. When you transplant use soil that retains more water. Growing meds is a job that takes dailey care if you want a great product. Green blessings.

I know the garden takes daily care. I give daily care. My issue is that my plants have grown so well, that they have become overly high maintainence in the pots that they have out grown.

Just picked up some lime and will be starting to mix new soil this evening. Instead of $7 for a 4lb box, scored a 50lb bag for $20 :D incase there's any bodies to dispose of :rofl:

Fine ground? Can never have too much lime. Do at least 1c per cf of medium.

Yup, big bag of powder from a local hydro store.

$170 for 21cf of peat moss, 4cf of coarse perlite, 50lbs of lime, and 5 30gallon totes. Drilled the drainage holes in the totes yesterday. Gonna start mixing the medium tonight.

Sounds about right. 72 hours after they get transplanted they are gonna take off like a rocket. Better start bending each cola over and opening up the middle. Otherwise such tall plants can create serious probs come late flower. Short and wide, IME, is beneficial outside.

Thanks NC! For all the info in this thread. Made up my mix. Going to let it sit til this weekend for transplant. Atleast give it a couple days. Plus every day I get home, soil is bone dry. I've always transplanted when there was some moisture in the soil so everything didn't fall apart while transplanting. Probably transplant sat am. Then start tying down like crazy :D

61.JPG

60.JPG

59.JPG

looks like we got another soil convert---:woohoo:

way to go dude---you gonna have some happy plants---:icon_smile:

im new to this but thought i'd suggest. have you seen the black nylon bags some nurserys use.town dept's.when planting new shrubs or trees use them sometimes as well.they come in various sizes,hold maybe 1,2,5,10+gallons and slow drip for up to a week,no worries.i'm sure you do need BIGGER pots.good luck

Haven't transplanted yet, but since I didn't add a bunch of additives to feed the soil, what would you recommend to feed from here out? I sure aint buying bulk quantitys of the AN that I have been feeding every 4th water. Been reading the organics section, but I'm kinda late on joining the party mid grow

never too late ston---once you get these girls in the totes---you will want to inoculate the soil with some mycorhiza---and feed the myco teas

I added some mykos that I had when I mixed the soil. Not sure if enough, maybe 3 tbsp each tote.

I would not try and run a ammended mix, all organic at this point. Obv, these are important, so taking large risks now, might not be the best option. Forget AN man. Too much hype on all liquid nutrients. I will smash records using straight up GH3 only. And supplement the cal/mag with 2c lime per cf of medium. Your on the right track with making a medium. So I would either use organic bottled nutrient, if your in this organic wild hair. Or just run GH3. Obv, either or means buying in bulk. Cha ching.

So does buying 15 diff bulk organic ammendments. Granted fraction of the cost of any bottled nutrient. But it takes pratice, cook time, etc.

:ciao: Ston

stay under nouvellchef wing bro...you are in great hands..as where I learned ...and Ill also say not to ammend yet do to the fact it will be very hot while its cooking...Ive started my soil mix for The fall grow..I like to cook for atleast 30 days.....I then store in Garbage cans for use through the winter

Latest posts

Back