new grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tetrahydro grower

Reaction score
I am starting my 2nd grow, and im still growing my 2 plants that jus got put into flowering, but anyways, im growing 4 plants, the seeds were just from some pretty good bud, but they are growing in organic soil i made over the past 8 monthes, i used worms and all the rotten vegatbles from my house,and some eggshells and some manure, and i extracted all the worms, and it looks like some really rich soil, and i am starting them out between two shelves, with a windshield reflector sheet as the walls, and a computer fan and 2 cfls. when they get to vegative i am going to move them to either four 4 feet fluorescent bulbs or a 500 watt hps lamp, im working on a budget, but if you have any tips, or recomendations, tell me, and i am only having them in the spot there in until they outgrow it, and i have a cabinent for early vegative stage, and here are a couple pics.

View attachment shelves.jpg

View attachment p1.jpg

View attachment p2.jpg

View attachment p3.jpg

View attachment p4.jpg

They look healthy.....how much light you will need will be dictated mostly by how big your grow space is. 3000 lumens a sqr foot for min for veg and 5000 for flower. Never heard of a 500w HPS...I have a 400 and a 600...I like T5's for veg now...used to use a hps but the T5 keeps them short, squat and healthy...and it is easy to keep the tent cool. Oh and if you want to get those pics to show up in the post (a lot of peeps won't bother to click the links) just edit and on the box where you type text there is a paperclip icon...click it and at the bottom it shld say insert. Click that.

nice start !where did you find an 500w hps?

I also have never seen or even heard of a 500W HPS--you may be thinking of a halogen, which is commonly found with 500W. Halogens are no good for growing.

Yea 400 watt..I forgot, because I almost bought the bulb but I couldn't find the ballast so I didn't..but thanks for the info.ill keeps pics updated

Here are some more pictures of my plants, on week 2 today. i orderd some hydroponic equipment off online and some seeds, and i just got the equipment, but its all there, and im going to post a pic of a list of the things i ordered, and pic of what i got at walmart..but this is my first hydropoic grow, and alot of info will be needed, and i will start that grow journal when i get the seeds in there, but ill post a preview.

View attachment dro.jpg

View attachment list.jpg

View attachment p11.jpg

View attachment p22.jpg

View attachment p33.jpg

View attachment p44.jpg

Latest posts

Back