new grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSki8950

Green is the new black
Reaction score
Alright well im just starting one Ak-48 seed under two 23 watt cool white CFL's and one warm white 30 watt. not alot of light but its lookin alright so far ( i would say ). I dont have a whole for the fan yet but i got a regular circulating fan that i put on every night and i open the door. Its a small space prob around 2 ft by 2 ft. I know its too small to have a good grow but im only using it for now. But what i was thinkin was puting this AK in a different grow set up and using this box for the lowryder plant i have been hearing so much about. let me know what you think. :ccc:

ak48 1.jpg

ak482.jpg

ak483.jpg

i was wondering if clay is better then plastic containers ... i heard clay was better because it alows good root growth due to the air going through the clay ... but on the other hand i have to water alot with clay

BSki8950 said:
Alright well im just starting one Ak-48 seed under two 23 watt cool white CFL's and one warm white 30 watt. not alot of light but its lookin alright so far ( i would say ). I dont have a whole for the fan yet but i got a regular circulating fan that i put on every night and i open the door. Its a small space prob around 2 ft by 2 ft. I know its too small to have a good grow but im only using it for now. But what i was thinkin was puting this AK in a different grow set up and using this box for the lowryder plant i have been hearing so much about. let me know what you think. :ccc:
Your baby is looking good. Yes that would work good for some Lowryder's. Not sure about the clay pot thing.

those lights for one plant will do you well for atleast 3-4 weeks. maybe a few more for flowering.

thanks guys... i just picked up this 20 dollar CFL grow light for indoor growing kinda $$$ but i can always return it if i dont see any change. its a 17 watt and it doesnt look that bad .. i was just curious

Heres some more recent pics. the plant is about 2.5 weeks old and its growing thicker but not getting all that tall which im happy with . that grow light seems to be helping things.:p

week3.jpg

week32.jpg

that becouse you are using CFL's they keep your plants short and bushy rather then tall and skinny

Well the plant is growing .... i got a splitter for my bulbs so now i have two 23 watt cool white CFL's and one 17 watt CFL grow light and one 30 watt Warm white CFL. Im starting to see just a shade of yellow on some of the bigger leaves ( prob wont be able to see because of the low detail camera) I dont know if its from the Miracle grow soil im using or the lights being too close.. I dont think thats it... anyways heres some pics..:confused:

ak1.jpg

ak2.jpg

Looking good. Sorry man but can't see any yellowing on your baby. Where abouts is it on the bigger leaves? What is the PH of your water? Just to be on the safe side raise your light up about 1/2 to 1 inch. See what happens over the next few days.

yea i figured you wouldnt be able to see it. but its kinda right in the middle of the leaves and its not that yellow but u can see a little of it coming through. I have been using bottled drinking water and i havent tested the Ph yet.. I also noticed just now a little film around the main stem. I think ive seen the film before on my other grow and it wasnt that serious. But yea i will move the lights and see what happens. Thanks TBG.

hey ski...I looked and I don't see anything except a beautiful lady. Keep an eye on her, but I wouldn't make any big changes. She looks pretty good buddy.

thanks theyorker.. i really dont know if it is a lady yet but its starting to look that way . but im wishing !

the film around the stem means it is getting thicker and stronger.

on the 13w bulb can you take the clear plactic thing off? (would make it brighter..

they are about 3 weeks old? something is wrong...

bottled water is usually a little high in ph. get the test strips or a ph meter off ebay. shoot for 6.5

yea thats what i said its not growing that big for is age. but it looks healthy . the 17 watt growl light plastic is a pain in the butt to take off but im gunna try today

If it's seems a shade or so lighter in the middle fo the leaves, what i've noticed with my grows, its just the color of new growth. If it get discolored aroud the outside of the leaves then it could , and useually does, indicate a problem.

what type of soil do you have.
dont think their is anything worng maybe are you counting from the time you germed them instead of when they popped out of the soil.

yea schlendrake i know what u mean but thats not the case.. and ZMAN the thing was i had the plant under almost no light for the first week because i didnt have grow box at first. So really its like 2 weeks into actual growing.. I still need to test the PH but the soil im using is Miracle-Grow (Moisture Control). It says it feeds plants up to three months. I didnt want this type of soil to start a because i heard nuts are good for a plant when it first starts...But neways the yellow is starting to become spots on some leaves.. So im thinkin its the nuts but i honeslty have no idea. I had the yellow spots on my other grow and i just stoped using nuts and it eventually went away. I moved the lights like TBG said. and its getting hot in the grow box but not that hot. let me know if you have any ideas . Thanks . I appreciate the feedback.

alright i hate this camera but heres a pics ... you can almost see the yellow

problem.jpg

Latest posts

Back