New grower in Brazil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxCraven

In the field
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm an experienced indoor grower from the UK.
I've just moved to sub-tropical Brazil and while I'm very comfortable getting my grow on in attics, cellars, garages and out-houses, natural sunlight is something new to me.

I'm looking for tips and advice on strains and techniques, if anyone can help.

Cheers.

:ciao: :welcome: To the Only Place :ciao::48:

Welcome to the passion

Are you Female?....I love females..plants and humans:D

:heart:

:48:

@ozzydiodude - thanks a lot bud. That helped.
Off to do me some readin'.

Welcome to the best place! we are glad you are here, enjoy your time.

max, I've never really heard a mj grower saying natural light is new to them. I learned to grow as a kid in cornfields, and fence rows, and swamp edges. all of which I now know to be the worst places an outdoor(od) grower could choose to guerilla grow. those are the places hunters most like to inhabit each fall here come cooler weather, either looking for a patch to steal, or game to hunt...

I assumed that everyone was like myself...I guess some youngins do really concentrate on school n girls n stuff afterall! hehe...

if you have a specific area of od growing we can help you with, we would be more than happy to assist...being you are in a warmer/wetter climate, mold is going to be your enemy, so you will be searching out a low mold strain to grow for sure.

on technique now, there are so many styles of growing, that a grower really has to eek out what suits them best by getting their hands dirty, then mastering that technique before bouncing off to another one, ya dig?

anything we can assist you with during your grow, were here for you...if you start a grow journal, the friendly members here can walk with you every step, and offer fellowship and tips along your journey...

green mojo friend, happy growing...:cool:

@Irish I'm from the UK. And sure, I grew a few plants in the garden when I was a kid. Even with my mum's expert plant growing skills the result was, how can I put it? Leafy ****...
Later I tried to reintroduce outdoor weed to Derbyshire, after an indoor disaster landed me with a box full of seed.
The result was still ****.

So living somewhere where any old seed grows 8 feet tall and produces several ounces of very smokeable bud, without me even being there most of the time, is very new to me ;)

max, I just started growing outdoor again after a five year break. I basically just tossed clones out in prepped plots, and have returned just three trips all summer to trim, and remove weeds, which will sap N from the plants fast once in flower...I use triple 19 in outdoor plots. I till, then broadcast the granules by hand, then I trim once flower begins, remove weeds, and broadcast a flower friendly granule like 6-30-20 or something like that...

I don't water my outdoor guerilla plots at all, and depend on rains to take care of me...been a real good year so far...;) :cool:

your biggest problem in uk will be mold and pm outdoors. (my bro kaotik is there and has these issues regularly). what he does is trick mother nature for some early outdoor bud, by moving plants into woodshed at night in dark, and back in sun in morning...

here to help any way I can...just ask me...:cool:

067.JPG

Luckily I'm not in the UK any longer, I'm in Brazil.
So a slightly different set of problems. but a least better sunshine.

I'm really after some nice seeds designed for this sub-tropical climate.

If you read the descriptions on the seeds on many seed banks there are many that claim to be resistant. I am going to try some next summer grow.
I especially had trouble with the indica strains in south central USA" hot" and "humid" had to spray with Seranade
quite often

happy budding WAGMAN

Weed is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

soil is the most important ingredient for outdoor growing...I always used native soil...this year I went with a formulated organic soil...way less work....way bigger yield..hth

green growing!!!

mojo

Latest posts

Back