New Grower & new in hydroponics !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PsyJiM,

Jim, welcome. The waterfarm is only slightly more complicated than a DWC bucket. The only thing is you have check that the holes in the drip ring aren't plugged and that the solution is getting through. As for the cost, check this thread for a DIY 5 gallon system.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49317

You will find her on their forums that everyone has their own favorite methods.

Each of the different methods have pros and cons. The DWC is probably the simplest followed very closely by the water farm system. Both are good starter systems.

If you are going to be doing DWC, Waterfarm or nearly any other hydro you will need a PPM or TDC meter in addition to the PH meter.

Like every one has said, read, read and read some more. You will learn more in the long run than by just asking general questions and hoping that someone figures out what it is that you need to know, and it will make you a better grower too.

Welcome again.

Great smoking. (Smoking what you have grown yourself is a feeling that has to be experienced to be understood, but it sure is worth it.

Dr.Nodz said:
Hijacking threads...well thats a little extreme. As i stated i am new to the whole forum idea and did not mean to hijack anything i was asking a question and wasnt even sure how or where to post anything, a little direction would have been nice Mrs. Super Moderator, Douchebag Queen, Goddess of Nothing at all really but your own self absorbed world. JOG ON you twat. Jim im sorry that my question was in your thread. an honest mistake, as for the Goddess i had respect for your advice even though you were so high you couldnt finish your own post....ill find another forum on another website

You need to read the rules.

2. Flaming, or open argument including, but not limited to using derogatory names toward another member, degrading comments, racial insults and sexist comments are not acceptable for use anywhere in the open forums or in the chat room.

Dr.Nodz said:
Hijacking threads...well thats a little extreme. As i stated i am new to the whole forum idea and did not mean to hijack anything i was asking a question and wasnt even sure how or where to post anything, a little direction would have been nice Mrs. Super Moderator, Douchebag Queen, Goddess of Nothing at all really but your own self absorbed world. JOG ON you twat. Jim im sorry that my question was in your thread. an honest mistake, as for the Goddess i had respect for your advice even though you were so high you couldnt finish your own post....ill find another forum on another website

No, you gave a snarky reply when YOUR question wasn't answered in someone else's thread--we do not need you and your immature attitude and language here little boy.

Goodby

I am on my first grow also, and after research and consultaion I am using DWC what I consider good results so far. I am i week away from flower with 4 plants. as stated above a PH meter and PPM meter are ESSENTIAL for keeping things going. There is A LOT to learn, so do not stop reading and asking questions. You will develop your own " style " of growing by reading and practical experience. You will also learn who's advice is solid, and who is a little full of themselves. Best advice I can give is to jump in. the water is fine, just start off small to learn a bit then go for it!!! Good Luck!!!! :fly:

dragracer said:
Best advice I can give is to jump in. the water is fine,

thats a not a good way to start off man.. thats an easy way to kill a crop.. alot of the newbies who pass throw these parts start up with little to no knowlege of growing.. and all of a sudden oh shet what do i do... why arent they budding.. or my fav.. is it time to harvenst.. if you dont know when to harvest.. keep reading.. you shouldnt start growing if your serious abou it until u have the equipment, and it set up and tested your setting yourself up for a fail.. and it could end up costing money..
LH

the baest advice i can give to you is to read.. and keep on reading and asking questiongs..

LEFTHAND said:
thats a not a good way to start off man.. thats an easy way to kill a crop.. alot of the newbies who pass throw these parts start up with little to no knowlege of growing.. and all of a sudden oh shet what do i do... why arent they budding.. or my fav.. is it time to harvenst.. if you dont know when to harvest.. keep reading.. you shouldnt start growing if your serious abou it until u have the equipment, and it set up and tested your setting yourself up for a fail.. and it could end up costing money..
LH

the baest advice i can give to you is to read.. and keep on reading and asking questiongs..

:yeahthat:

IF you read the sentence prior to that it said quote" DO NOT STOP READING AND ASKING QUESTIONS!!!" I am not trying to steer anyone in the wrong direction, but you have to start somewhere. Experience is earned through mistakes and they are hard to make if you do nothing.

Thanks for starting this thread PsyJiM, I have been reading this forum for about a month now. Ive got some seeds stored away waiting till I'm ready to use them. i agree with both Lefthand and dragracer. LeftHand because i have been reading non stop for a month (i probable put in about a good 3 hours daily at min reading this forum) i have learned so much its all i can talk about and have to shut my self up not to get in trouble with people overhearing me.

I am actualy planing on going hydro as well. it seems simple and clean compared to other styles. Lefthand is right that you should be prepared, enough to know what setup you want, what nutes and how much to use and some simple problems and common problems that may happen while you grow. This will help you at least to know what your doing to start.

Dragracer is right by saying to jump in and get started because experience is the best way to learn. its human nature to learn from our mistakes.
As i said ive been reading non stop but still feel a little lost because i have nothing growing that i can learn from straight infront of me. i like to see to learn.

If you want to learn how to make the things you need and get it cheaper then there is alot in the diy topics. search dwc bucket, or read through the hydro and look at threads with pics so you can get an idea of what everything looks at as well.

Jst my experience i wanted to add.

Thank you all or the support :aok:

the only thing i dont get so far with dwc is...

untill my roots grow what i do with my plants ?
i mean how i water them ?

and something else :)
i work 8-10 hours per day and in my day off i want to rest
so you know where i can buy online one bucket dwc system ? i dont have time to make it myself ..but if i will not find one i think im going to make it..
it seems very complicted to me :confused: ...

thanks again :dancing:

There is nothing to making them a person can make one in less then 5 minutes. The only thing you make is the lid, by cutting out a hole and placing a netpot in its place. You also may want to think over even growing if your time is that restricted.

pcduck said:
There is nothing to making them a person can make one in less then 5 minutes. The only thing you make is the lid, by cutting out a hole and placing a netpot in its place. You also may want to think over even growing if your time is that restricted.

I will always find time for my plants i promise you that :)

i just dont know where i find the items requierd for the bucket..
and here there is no hydrostore...i can only find the items from a blumer and i dont know the greek names of those items and it will be hard to do it so i need an easyer solution..

Ty..:bong1:

I think our member zem made net pots from plastic cups, check out our DIY section. And sorry forgot you are in Greece

No problem bud :)
Ill continue my research in DIY section

Can you answer and in my previous question please ?

the only thing i dont get so far with dwc is...
[ untill my roots grow what i do with my plants ?]
[ i mean how i water them ? ]

Thanks ;)

DonJones said:
(Smoking what you have grown yourself is a feeling that has to be experienced to be understood, but it sure is worth it.

I hope ill feel it soon bro :)

Thank you for your help :aok:

In my Dwc I bring my nute level to be even or just above the bottom of my netpot until roots are hanging down into the solution.. Sometimes you might even have to top feed(hand water) for a couple of days. when you are first stating your plants out.

you can buy net pots off that website you put on, hydroponics.eu, they cheap as well, you can get pump and air stone and the pipe from there. will cost you about 30euros

Net pot 18cm 1.60
Pump 1 outlet 13.00 euros
Air stone 5 euros

then jst get black pipe for airstone and your done.

Use a normal bucket with a lid, cut a whole in the top slightly smaller than the pot and slide the net pot in so its suspended put hole in the side for in pipe for air stone and your done.

P.s you can get these things from any garden shop, even some pet shops. Might be cheaper that way.
I learnt alot just by searching on wikipedia Hydroponics, i suggest you read it. will give you a basic on a few different methods and different things used and there goods and bads, helps understand things a little better.

Good :aok:

one more question... :)
The hydrotons are staying wet for a while ?

I am starting to like and the understand Dwc's :banana:

Tnx ! :bongin:

Your air stones keep the hydroton wet. The air stones operate 24/7

Welcome. There are also plenty of videos on how to grow cannabis online. These may assist you with providing visuals of what many will try to describe to you in writing. There is also a variation hydroponic method from StealthHydro.com that is called Bubbleponics. "Bubbleponics is the art of delivering highly oxygenated nutrient solution DIRECTLY to the inner root zone. The days of merely misting the outer roots with nutrient spray are over. Gone too are the days of over/under watering, over/under feeding; the Stealth Hydro Bubbleponics™ system automatically maintains the ideal oxygen level of the nutrient solution so as to facilitate a healthy thriving root system." Obviously, this is some marketing hype. But worth learning about and taking into consideration.

As a newbie, allow yourself to learn as much as you can from fellow growers and know that you will make mistakes and learn from them. Best wishes for success with your new hobby.

Latest posts

Back