New to growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayhall3467

Reaction score
I'm new to growing, I read some of the grow Bible. I started my seeds four day's ago, the seedling started to come out of it's casing,and it hasn't done anything else,any suggestions of why, I used The paper towel and plastic bag method..

Jay Welcome to MP -- We'll put U on the straight and narrow !-- MP is better than a book because U can ask questions --
How's the temp whereby germing - -U want to put them in a warm place- Sometimes stuff happens - bad seed --bad water - who knows - Seed get wet in a warm place they germinate if they fertile - Are the seed old ?-- I grow regular photo indicas - Starting a new variety I'll start 4-6 seed and usually get my girl !-- After that I'm a cloner !-- I run a girl over and over long as I want until I move on to something else !- Good luck !- Don't give up !- --Messing up is how we learn !-- Start some more seed -

Hi jayhall3467...Welcome to Mp...So glad you dropped in a spell and good luck with that grow.

images (7).jpg

Jay Welcome to MP -- We'll put U on the straight and narrow !-- MP is better than a book because U can ask questions --
How's the temp whereby germing - -U want to put them in a warm place- Sometimes stuff happens - bad seed --bad water - who knows - Seed get wet in a warm place they germinate if they fertile - Are the seed old ?-- I grow regular photo indicas - Starting a new variety I'll start 4-6 seed and usually get my girl !-- After that I'm a cloner !-- I run a girl over and over long as I want until I move on to something else !- Good luck !- Don't give up !- --Messing up is how we learn !-- Start some more seed -
It's in my grow tent with light's on yes I had them for a while

Cuz - I Don't know what to say ?- -Try again ?-- When something goes wrong at that stage there's not much U can do but try again ! -- maybe U would have better luck germing them in soil - a solo cup or 3 inch peat cup might work for U -lots of people having low humidity problems now - do U have a dome - I use a seed starting tray with dome on a heat pad for starting seed but I used to do like U--- paper towel in a baggie !-- Sorry I'm no help !-- U in a free state go get U a clone -- If not we'll figure this seed problem out !

Welcome!
As soon as they sprout, like crack and show a bit of root, plant them tail side down in mild soil and keep them warm but not too warm, and damp but not too damp. If you have to go to work you can loosely lay a piece of saran wrap over them for a few hours but not sealed or you can get rot.
Practice on bagseeds if you want to get the hang of it! An ounce of mexi is less than what the shops charge for a dozen beans lol it's worth its weight in experience! And then you get bonus vacuum-your-curtains-level unripe zippy but disappointingly stale sativa as a bonus :D

I don't know how true this is,but I think I know what went wrong I touched the seedlings with my hand.

More likely they got too dry because you didn't plant them soon enough. It's also hard to handle them once the root comes put because it is very fragile and breaks off easily.

Most likely the seed that stalled suffered from damp off or other mold related problem. It's pretty common

What's a good temperature to germinate seeds in,the room where I have my tent is is 80 f degree inside my tent is 76 f degree which is 30 degrees c

I don't know how true this is,but I think I know what went wrong I touched the seedlings with my hand.
In the past I planted directly in soil. Keeping the soil moist and somewhat warm.

I too in years past have broken the little sprout off of the seedling when transferring from a wet paper towel to soil. Hang in there. :)

Just moved two seeds that had a root at 8am one of them pushed through to top the soil after they push through how long till the seed casing falls off.

Jay just so U don't think U hurt the plant by touching the root !-- I run aero under LEDs - I start seed under a dome on a seed starting mat but since my plants never know soil I have to adapt -- I start seed in these little biofoam blocks --
When the plant is tall enough to fit thru one my aero collars which is about an inch - I carefully tear as much of the biofoam away as I can then put it into an aero basket and collar !- It's brutal on them and I kill some on occassion !-- Once I sex them - I start rooting cuttings in my homemade aerocloner -- So I can have several copies of the plant !-- Hang in there !- Being a cloner starting seed is a pain in da *** !-- Good luck !
What kind of seed U working with there?- U may have already said --I get stoned and forget **** !

I'm practicing with seeds that I got in bags two I just transferred to soil I think didn't make it.

I'm trying to only transplant once so I'm going wright to my 2 1/2 gallon buckets with soil that I'm using to grow in . Soil mix
Screenshot_20200114-061319.png

Went and bought organic seedling starter mix to see if that works better for plant. Update on the seeds I transplanted yesterday, one's about a inch high and the other ones casing came off,but hasn't did anything else so far.

Hi jay! That soil mix is basically home made promix plus compost. The problem with peat is that it sours over time and the pH drops into dangerous range. So especially with peat based media, you WANT to transplant. A lot. The dirt mix I make is less than 1/5 peat and still my plants go through at least 4 and sometimes 5 sizes of pots before harvest so the new roots are always finding sweet fresh dirt. There are other reasons you shouldn't start in a big pot but this is the most important. Transplanting is actually good for plants!

Latest posts

Back