Newbie Grower looking for experienced input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anslinger420

Anslinger420
Reaction score
Hi im a newbie grower though for about a year i have been contemplating starting a grow room. just recently i have got equipment for me to start growing. I just bought 12 white widow feminised seeds and expecting there arrival to be early next week. Alot of users say they need to know your grow room b4 they can give advice or help so:

1. Grow tent lined with highly reflective mylar dont worry no PVC toxic chems (dimensions: 3ft.W, 2ft.D, 5ft. Tall
2. 150 Watt Sunsystem HPS 16000 lumens
3. 4 White Widow plants feminised in soil with number 10 pots (im not sure what number means)
4. Maricle Gro and Scotts potting soil. (Varies each plant one is a mix of both)
5. Fert. Miracle Gro Liquid Feed (12-4-8) for veg. Miracle Gro Tomato Plant Food (20-20-20) for flower (may get diff nutes for flower but not sure yet suggestions would be great.)
6. There are 3 spots for inline fans but dont have any right now (will i be ok without it?) tho i do have a large fan in the with a 2nd 4in fan kinda resting in the inline fan spot. have a thermo. temp goes btween 75 when light is off 85-90 when on but if i unzip the grow tent a bit the temp quickly starts to reduce to 80-85

If there is anymore info needed please ask. I will be posting pictures soon. THANNXX

You will need proper vent and a carbon filter for sure,no getting around that really.

I'd dump the Miracle Gro food,great for houseplants but not for canna.

I would recommend getting rid of all the Miracle Grow products. The soil comes with nutrients already in it that are released when you water. Since seedlings do not need ANY nutes for 2-4 weeks, it is extremely easy to kill the seedlings just by overwatering them a little (which will release unwanted and unneeded nutrients). Check out Fox Farm products.

You are going to need ventilation right away. You want to keep your temps under 80 and you need to exchange the air in the tent 2-3 times a minute to give your plants enough CO2.

You are also going to need more light as you get into the flowering stage of your grow. You will want a min of 5000 lumens per sq ft to flower.

Thats sure a gutsy username-lol

I've got a closet about the size of yours-slightly smaller. I've got the sunsystem 150 also.
I have two 75 cfm fans, one in, one out, and I could probably use more cfm's.
I'd say 200-275 total cfm's to keep things cool.

I second the thing about Miracle grow-It's for house plants.
I also second the thing on Fox Farms. You use Fox Farms and you don't worry about nutes for a while.

It's going to be crowded with 6 plants.

Oh yeah...........

:watchplant: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!!! :watchplant:

Gb

yea i was gonna just save the nutes just in case the plant showed deficiency but im sure the soil i bought will last as far as nutes go. it's four plants. also i was wondering a bout the light i know must users recommend having more light for the plants but do u think that i can at least make 1 harvest with this light. will the reflective mylar dramatically increase the lumens or just a little. because im a little short right now as far as budget goes Thannxx

p.s. i did start an account that said f*** henry anslinger but i had 2 make another 1 hahaha. they were really cool about it tho.

Welcome.... Most here advise against Miracle grow soil... I use the soil they make for seedlings all the time and hve no problems though. You will need more light though...and fans for intake and exhaust will help.... good luck

Look at my pics please and tell me what you think white widow seeds germing right now. Thannxx

Latest posts

Back