newbie grower :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't have to go organic, that is for sure. Sounds like your soil mix is ok.. Green mojo to you. Have fun and enjoy the learning experience.

I love General Hydroponic 3 part nutrient line...cheap, easy to use and it works well. I even get it on Amazon and it ships for free. jmo. Welcome to MP and welcome to the world of growing. It gets addictive quick.

ty guys and lewis have you heard of phperfect by sensi grow?and how do u feel about it if u have,and ty rosebud for kind words and helpful info:)

o another question, i have a friend he's an older gentlemen and he told me to get reallly healthy stocks to use a bluegill/fish in my soil. any fact to this?

lovedenugs said:
ty guys and lewis have you heard of phperfect by sensi grow?and how do u feel about it if u have,and ty rosebud for kind words and helpful info:)

Never heard of it.

Hamster Lewis said:
I love General Hydroponic 3 part nutrient line...cheap, easy to use and it works well. I even get it on Amazon and it ships for free. jmo. Welcome to MP and welcome to the world of growing. It gets addictive quick.
That may be my next line of nutes. Only used Dutch Master Grow and Blooms A&B,, so I dont know if ones better then the other. Anybody ever used DM besides me?

well lewis if u do hydroponics bro i have heard some good things about it. you should google it, its a 2 part system supposed to be almost idiot proof i was going to try it lol

johnnylongjohns said:
Are you growing in your parents' house lovedenugs?

Johny, what up bro? You pop in starting crap and gettin your pebbles all bright and red. Especially in the no cellphone pic thread. You got something you need to get off your chest? No need for the negative energy...pack a bowl, fire it up and relax.

I would honestly stay away from the Miracle Grow line period. Its just not MJ friendly. Youre better off buying the general hydroponics 3 part line of nutes if you can. like hamster lewis suggested their reall easy to use good for beginners and relly cheap. Green mojo friend.

Oh and marine based fertilizers are great but i wouldnt suggest putting a dead bluegill in your pot of soil. if you wanted to bury it in some soil and let it break down organically, dead fish can make for some pretty potent soil once its been degraded enough but that could take a year or two. Better yet you could buy some fox farm ocean forest soil and it has all that already in it and its been sterilized. which is very important when it comes to pests.

lovedenugs said:
guys my soil mixture is organic compost, peat humus, sand, composted and aged softwood bark fines, and perlite. i thought this would be good considering all tht i have read about mj. it works pretty well considering how cheap it was premaid.i had a chance to see my roots on this lil one when i transplanted and they looked strong bad thing was i had it in cup for lil too long. what are your opinions on this energy efficiant lights i found they are mushroom shaped bulbs 150w they give off 5k lumens. i was thinking of getting 2 of those for blooming.

I don't know exactly what you are talking about here, but those bulbsa do not sound good. A 150W bulb that only puts out 5000 would be a very expensive type to run. For instance, it would take 4 of these to get to the 20,000 lumens you need. Lighting needs are figured by lumens per sq ft, so it does not matter how many plants you have in your space, you need to light the entire space. Four of these bulbs would give you 20,000 lumens but would use 600W doing it. Compare this to a 250W HPS that will emit 25,000-28,000 lumens. Or a 600W HPS that puts out 90,000-95,000 lumens. Get a HPS for flowering. You are also going to need ventilation. I wouldn't use anything MG, especially that leaf shine stuff--it just coats the leaves with a shiny substance to make the leaves look better--I do not believe that it is beneficial to the plant in any way.

You can make organic teas quite inexpensively, if you want to stay organic. Do not put a dead fish in your soil. Besides needing ti8me to break down, I cannot tell you how much this would smell and attract pests. Some old-timers have good advise....some don't.

hey guys thank you for all the info, on supplies and lights im excited to go find some. and i knew there was somethin fishy to the fish thing lol. but he does it and u should see his stocks! he has one female whos stock is almost as thick as my wrist! love old heads they can teach alot :) i think im going to look into tht ocean soil. and possibly to a complete turn around on this lil one i have now.

and hemp goddess i thought 15 npk would be good for vegging cause this site says 20npk for vegging...

For vegging, you want something with a higher K and N and less P. The Flora Nova grow I use is 7-4-10. Where does it say to use 20-20-20 for vegging?

The wheel has already been invented,,lets not make it square. THG has been growing for 30Yrs,,she knows her NPK's.;)

im not sayin she doesnt i was listening to you guys for tips lol your the ones with expierence. i was just stateing that the site told me 20/20/20 for vegging lol.:icon_smile:

lovedenugs said:
im not sayin she doesnt i was listening to you guys for tips lol your the ones with expierence. i was just stateing that the site told me 20/20/20 for vegging lol.:icon_smile:

No problem,,I know what yur sayen. The Internet is full of mis-guided info.

Latest posts

Back