newbie grower :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey WeedHopper, I think you are misunderstanding what LD is saying. LD is correct that the free growing guidlines here in our resources section do say to use 20-20-20 for vegetative growth, and it gives no recomendations for seedlings to full growth stage. It also says to use "MG patio" fertilizers which I wouldn't use and don't recommend to anyone growing MJ. I wouldn't anything unless I knew it was made for MJ as MJ has unique requirements. If you intend to do an organic grow then you should read some of the stickies on organics as they do things differently. :)

Sounds like them there guidelines need to be fixed...

yea ur right hush. and lewis i completly agree i think thts why i have nute burn atm was tryin to folo the sites guidlines, didnt know only need like half that for vegging, big thanks to hemp godess for filling me in.

Hushpuppy said:
Hey WeedHopper, I think you are misunderstanding what LD is saying. LD is correct that the free growing guidlines here in our resources section do say to use 20-20-20 for vegetative growth, and it gives no recomendations for seedlings to full growth stage. It also says to use "MG patio" fertilizers which I wouldn't use and don't recommend to anyone growing MJ. I wouldn't anything unless I knew it was made for MJ as MJ has unique requirements. If you intend to do an organic grow then you should read some of the stickies on organics as they do things differently. :)

Probably,,,I smoke Weed,,ALOT.:D

ok guys here is what im planning for my next plant. give more suggestions if you would like:) ok, i was going to order this for flowering. hXXp://1000bulbs.com/category/grow-light-complete-systems-fixtures first one 150watt.
and then was going to get emergency blankets to cover my room with for better reflection. i think im going to order sensi grow ph perfect a and b formula, for hydroponics and do a tote grow in my closet. i figure might as well try out a little of all worlds just to see what fits me. hydro growers here need lots of advice from you plz :) i have a box fan in my closet dont ask me how i did it but circulation is Like catrina in there! lol

A 150 is not enough light. Do they have a 250W? Youare going to want an aircoolable hood, especially if you choose a set-up with an enclosed ballast.

Forget the e-blankets and paint the walls flat white.

What kind of hydro are you going to do? I have never used those nutes

i believe the sensi grow ph perfect nutes are made by advance nutrients. its a new line. Advance nutrients is a great nute line. So you're good there. but THG is right you need more than 150 watts and should be an aircooled hood.

the problem with not using enough lumens when growing mj is the plant will stretch for light and will haave small weak stems that will not support the weight of good bud development. the thicker the stems are the heavier the buds shell produce. Als you want short internode didstance to inhibit dense growth. with a 150w light you'll be left with some sickly stretced out plants with puny underdevelopd buds. If thats what you're looking for stick with 150 watts. But if it were me id try a 400 w digital ballast mh/hps with a vented hood from e bay unless moneys an issue then check out THG's thread on the DIY cooltubes You wont be sorry, We just wanna see you succeed thats all, not trying to harp or dis you!

well ty all for your info and will check thg thread on diy cooltubes:)

Hamster Lewis said:
Johny, what up bro? You pop in starting crap and gettin your pebbles all bright and red. Especially in the no cellphone pic thread. You got something you need to get off your chest? No need for the negative energy...pack a bowl, fire it up and relax.
Sorry if i offended you Hammy! The red pebbles are your guys' popularity contest, not mine. I only call them as i see them. Now, about that bowl.......:icon_smile:

The Hemp Goddess said:
A 150 is not enough light. Do they have a 250W? Youare going to want an aircoolable hood, especially if you choose a set-up with an enclosed ballast.

Forget the e-blankets and paint the walls flat white.

What kind of hydro are you going to do? I have never used those nutes
Goddess i was thinking of doing a simple water culture set up for small tote grow. tips would be nice:) they do have 250w set ups aswell for xtra 100dollars.

o and another thing should i use Northern Lights for my first strein? heard its the easiest for a beginner like me:)

lovedenugs said:
Goddess i was thinking of doing a simple water culture set up for small tote grow. tips would be nice:) they do have 250w set ups aswell for xtra 100dollars.

Well, I think $100 bucks more is too much. Let's see what we can find you. You really would be better off with a light that has the ballast separate anyway.

How big is your tote and how many plants are you planning on running?

15 gallon tote and i wanna stay with only 1 or 2 untill i can perfect my own methods :) once i get everything down and know presicly wht to do thts when i will pick up production on my babies :)

was going to order northern lights strain of feminized seeds just so its alot easier for me to learn just the basic's and not have to worry about mold.

Just finished watching the entire video. Definitely worth watching but not entirely accurate or up to date. His lighting amount per square foor of growing space is considerably low for the yields that he is claiming, in the last setup of his friend who grows in 3gal top feed-n-drain. He is only getting 4247 lumens per sqft and his lights are 6' off the floor which reduces his lumens for lower areas.

He also said that flourescent lighting is only good for cloning but todays T5HO is good for veg until they are about 3-4' tall.

I wouldn't use input fans as that affects negative pressure in room which can allow for odor leakage.

The browning of the pistal hairs is only one early sign of bud maturity. The best method of getting proper maturity for personal use is through watching the progression of trichomes from clear to cloudy, to amber.

Other than that, he does have several good tips and some very good explanations of growing and different methods and functions. This video is a good video to watch for new growers, but there is more updated info on methods and technology and noobs should not expect the kinds of yields that this guy is talking about. :)

Was not impressed. He lost me with Vegging over 18 hrs a day is useless. That MOST growers use 18/6. BullS''t.

Latest posts

Back