Newbie tent grow!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion, they are just entering the veg stage now. At this point in my grow they would be getting about 1/4-1/2 strength nutes depending on the weeks from germ.

Your plants look just beautiful. You are doing a great job. Yes, you are vegging now... Lovely, way to go!

Oh and THG, i have it on good authority he is using great genetics...just a little pollen spill, not hermies.

Greenest of mojo.

Technically 24 hr lighting is considered the veg state, but I am betting you'll get a lot of different responces as to when a seedling becomes a plant.

Some say plants won't eat for three weeks while others start feeding at day 3 from seed pop.

I have read when a plant puts on it's first set of true leaves it becomes a plant.

Curious why you ask?

THanks rose....they do look beautiful if I do say so my self.....damn well I didn't even know the lineage of my seeds.......I thought they were hermies and not the result of a pollen spill....thank god(I think,as I dont know the problems associated with growing a hermie). PJammers....I was asking because I am trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can. Hell I didnt even know the seedling life cycle was any longer then them sprouting out of the dirt. I thought once you saw green and leaves of any kind you were vegging.
New update on plants:
Just received a 600 watt digilux MH bulb that I ordered on the 5th(saturday) and got it today(tuesday) the fastest I have ever recieved anything from amazon. I also looked at the drainage holes and saw roots so I potted them all in a bigger pot. Pots are the same sized diameter but they are twice as tall so my girls can have some more room to stretch out.
Im still a bit confused. I have like 10 plants and I know I cant keep them all in a little 3x3x6 tent. I want to throw like 5 or 6 of them out side and hide them and then when the 4 plants still in the tent get done flowering, put the others that I moved out side back in and keep them going at what ever stage they were in outside....like if its june or july they should still be in vegging maybe showing signs of early flowering so why couldnt I just mimic the light schedule outside, inside in my tent and then move them back in.

No need to really have a plan yet. Once you are all sexed then maybe you won't need to put anything outside.

The huge downside to bringing plants from outside in is the introduction of bugs.

I love the Digilux bulbs. They are a bit expensive but I think they are worth it. :)

Alright I would like to start this off by saying digilux is awsome a bit too awsome. I had the original light that came with the ballast and hood and just swapped the bulb out and that's it....came back 3 or 4 hours later and things was H O T....couple leaves were looking a bit crispy. I had the light at 13in from plants and thought it wouldn't matter.....well after looking at the specs of the bulb that I replaced only had 55000 lumens.....digilux 75000.......well its now 22 in away from the lights and no more heat issue....ah you live and you learn......one plant has really light green spots on it and it is the one closest to the light....is it possible to light bleach or heat bleach a leaf or a combo of both.....no other leafs show signs of distress so that is the only thing it can think of.....oh yeah and after that 3 or 3 hours of hot as hell period I immediately removed them from tent and put in sink and gave them a good drink of dear park......I just got one of those big office water cooler bottles and decided to let dear park deal with ph and pollutants for me and made a compost tea with bio brew 2 tsp per gallon

Did some cleaning up in the tent. Swept up all the lose soil that fell out of the pots and and windexed the floor of the tent. I also took the fan and hung it from the tent rafters and reinforced the rafters where they all intersect with two 75 lbs zip ties, just tied everything together to make it more rigid and hopefully hold a bit more, its getting a bit crowed at the top and I just wanted to be safe. The reason I moved it was to gain a few more square inches on the tent floor. Also just gave them a healthy soak with some super thrive and dear park, hopefully I can go more than a day without watering this time, I think Im being to conservative with the water. Here are some pics..........

View attachment DSC00353.jpg

View attachment DSC00354.jpg

View attachment DSC00355.jpg

View attachment DSC00356.JPG

View attachment DSC00357.jpg

View attachment DSC00358.jpg

View attachment DSC00359.jpg

View attachment DSC00360.jpg

Oh yeah those Digilux bulbs are HOT. They pump out the lumens for sure, and they have a better spectrum mixture than average bulbs. I always keep mine at 18" from canopy for that very reason. Yes you can "light bleach" leaves with too intense light, and it is not all that unusual for that to happen so don't feel too bad. You did the right thing when you discovered the problem. The only thing you have to be careful about is getting water droplets on the leaves while the lights are on. I see in several pics that some leaves have the droplets on them. These droplets will act like tiny magnifying lenses and will allow the light to burn spots on the leaves. They look good, vegging nicely.

Just posting some pictures of the changes I made to my setup. Just clarifying the only changes I made are, reinforcing all of the points where the support rods intersect to make everything more rigid and hold more weight. I also moved the fan from the tent floor and hung it from one of the support rods. I also cleaned everything up and cut the excess ducting that I had left over from moving the fan. I did that to get more square inches on the tent floor and I figured if heat rises I should put the fan that is pulling in cool fresh air where the heat is to achieve more cooling results. I also cut a hole in my ceiling and ran the hot stinky air from my filter through in to the attic. Only reason I am going picture happy is for the benefit of other newbies that are growing for the first time aswell so they can see what Im doing and not make the same mistakes that I made. If its excessive just let me know. Thanks for all the great advice and for taking the time to read, Im learning a lot from you guys.

View attachment DSC00363.jpg

View attachment DSC00365.jpg

View attachment DSC00366.jpg

View attachment DSC00367.jpg

Got a question for the OGs of the growing world.....As I understand it males don't produce more than 5 fingered leaves. Females produce at least 7 or more. If all my plants are growing 7 and 9 fingered leafs then isn't that a sign that they are female.....or is that just some more bull that someone laid on me

You can not judge sex by the leaves. That would indeed be more bull. The males show little balls kinda football shaped and the females have two hairs coming out of their preflowers. Preflowers happen at 6-8 weeks if your lucky. You will see alternating leaf nodes first then preflowers. There are some good pic's here... I will look for you.

I am glad you found us...your friends are not the best source of info...lol...

No they aren't. ...but then again out of all my friends I'm the only one doing this. So I kind of blow off everything they say. ...just thought there might be something to this one. ....

JAF, it is funny how so many folks that have never grown think this is so easy, it is just a weed after all. I was a gardener for many years and growing pot is a whole different thing. I think i will start a thread about bogus advice.... I know they mean well, it is kinda fun. Pretty soon you will be helping new people with growing.... It is ll good.

That would be a good thread. My family owned and operated a garden center for decades till homedepot and stores like them crushed us.....and I completely agree growing pot is a completely new and much much harder thing.....I changed the pre filter by my self last night and didn't want to disassemble anything so it took me like 45 min and I was sweating by the end of it.....

I know there are so many details and terms to get to know. I remember starting here having no idea what nutes were or sativas or indicas or lst, ppm's(still don't know ppms.)

Pre filters are big.... good for you! You will do fine, i just know it.

Parts per million......I get irritated with that cap thats why me and dear park are friends and I only use premixed nutes so I don't have to figure that out

Latest posts

Back