Newbie tent grow!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't clutter up your thread further, but wanted to say, those are beautiful. Very amazing for a first grow. Just wonderful.

Thanks don't worry about clutter. ..only thing I'm concerned with is other posting pics of there plants and that just so they don't get confused with mine.....I know this probably a hard question to answer but how far away from flower am I.....A month...2 months....That's where I'm lost as to when they are mature enough to flower what signs to look for to begin flowering. ...all that good info

Most of my strains take 6-8 weeks from seed to show pre flowers. That is when they go into flower. A lot of people stick them in 12/12 hours for a few days and that will make them have preflowers and tell us what sex they are. Then they get rid of the boys and flower the girls. If i had to guess I would say a month. You will have lots of help along the way...

Also been looking at seed banks and they have auto flower strains. .....what does auto flower mean......

Photoperiod plants need dark period to flower, that would be you changing the lights to 12/12 or by nature in the late summer ,fall. Auto flower plants do not need a dark period to flower, they flower automatically at around 3 weeks, finished around 2 months, I think mine took longer. They will flower under 24 hours light.

Just a quick question.....how often should I be raising my hood? I dont raise it that often.....by the looks of my babies should are the too compact should I add more distance from the hood to the canopy to get them to stretch some to allow for more growth? Just curious. Im sure everything is subjective based on there own growing experience

You only want to raise your hood when the plants get within the "uncomfortable heat zone" where the light is too intense from being too close. You don't want your plants to stretch under normal circumstances because they will stretch for 2 weeks when they switch to flowering. This is normal but varies depending on the strain of plants. Some strains will more than double in height during the stretch period, while others will only stretch a little.

Your biggest plants appear to be about 3weeks old from seed, they have another 2-4 weeks of vegging before they reach sexual maturity. The first signs off maturity are the branches growing in an alternating pattern rather than directly across from each other. With some strains the preflowers will begin to show shortly thereafter while others the preflowers will not show unless the plants are placed in darkness to initiate flowering.

I have a concern..........

It was hot as hell today and I tried to keep my light on at 50 percent power and that still didn't cool things down enough. It was over 85 in my tent when I checked on them around 1 and said screw it and turned the light off which only got the temp down to 79ish.....Ive had the light off till now(830) as now it is starting to finally cool off outside. Just wondering what effect the light being turned off had on them.....I try to keep the light on 24/7 but when it gets over 75 outside that becomes very difficult. I dont have any real experience to base anything off of.....so here is my question.....if i keep my light on 24/7 and only turn it off when it gets real hot outside like today does that random light off period hurt them? I cant imagine it hurting them more than baking in a hot tent. But I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff.....I just use my common sense but Ive been told that my common sense needs common sense.

Run you lights 18/6 and have them off for that 6 during the hottest part of your day.

If you still have an issue, something will need to be done.

I'm gonna probably end up doing that...I just looked at the weather for the week and thankfully it won't be past 75...mostly in the mid 60s so I hope that today was just a fluke with the temp.....I need to survive till mid June when I can free up some cash and get a portable ac unit. ....I'm more irritated with myself for not being prepared enough for this..

Just posting some pics....a little worried the new growth looks lime green/neon green....havent been feeding any grow big in weeks and only been using biobrew and root zone stimulator...both very light check them out on ffarms website......I used sledgehammer today because it called for it and I figured a good flushing would help if I am over feeding...here are pics let me know if I am have cause to be concerned or if I am just stressing for no reason

View attachment DSC00400.jpg

View attachment DSC00401.jpg

View attachment DSC00402.jpg

View attachment DSC00403.jpg

I was also reading that it could be a calcium def.... I use dear park and I'm sure they filter all that stuff out through reverse osmosis and that's a common problem with growers who use that water...that's what I read at least so maybe in a day or two when they dry out from there most recent water I use regular tap water instead....Most tap water had calcium so that would help right

They look perfectly fine and lime green new growth is normal.

Just sit back and watch them grow and try not to do too much.

If it is getting that hot just heading into summer with temps, you are going to have problems when we really get into summer. I can't remember exactly how you have your ventilation system set up, but if it is not working, I think that needs to be looked at. Not being able to keep your space cool when temps get over 75 could be a real issue.

I don't really see any signs of overfeeding. They are looking real nice.

I think my problem is I live in a house that was built in the late 70s.......not very good insulation and I'm growing on the second story instead of a nice cool basement....it's the only room available to me......In June I will be able to buy a portable ac unit but until then I need to.....only other thing I can think of would be to add an additional exhaust fan and have two exhaust fans hooked up

Latest posts

Back