Newbie tent grow!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you have it now so you may as well use it. I wouldn't go by their schedule at all myself. I would only be feeding with Grow Big right now. I would mix up about 600-800ppm right now. I wouldn't use the other stuff at all right now as I don't believe that it is needed yet. The GB is a strong salt based nutrient that will most likely kill most of the microbes that the micro brew would put in the soil, so I wouldn't use that now.

If the plants begin to show a little yellowing, you can increase the GB to 1000ppm and see if that corrects it but I don't believe that you will need that much.

When you get ready to flower, I would flush once then I would cut the BG in half and add the Tiger Bloom to bring the ppm up to about 900-1000ppm. Go one week like that then switch to 12/12 and at next 2 feedings reduce the BG in half again and increase the TB so that you maintain the 900-1000ppm. The next week would be starting the second week of flower, the next 2 feedings cut the GB in half again and increase the TB to bring the ppm to 1100-1200ppm. The next week would be starting the 3rd week in flower.

At this point I would flush them again then allow them to dry out for a couple days then ffeed with 1000ppm of TB then when watering use their standard dosage of big bloom and the microbrew. The next week I would increase the TB to 1200ppm and continue to use the BB and microbrew with waterings. I would continue to increase the TB each week until you get to about 1600ppm unless they are showing some kind of issue.

When you get within 2weeks of harvest(week 6 for an 8week plant, week 7 for a 9week plant, etc.) then cut out the microbrew as it shouldn't be needed. and cut back the TB to 1000ppm. keep the BB at same rate as it is organic. At the last week do a flush and then only give water. until harvest.

Now this is my way of doing things, and it is not a set in stone schedule. You have to adjust to fit what the plant likes. Also the last weeks before harvest vary quite a bit from grow to grow, and you can't always count on the breeders' flowering schedule. I always like to add one week to my flower schedule. I grow 8wk plants 9wks and 9wk plants 10wks. Again this is my way of doing things. There is not one best way to grow nice dank buds and everyone has their own methods. You will eventually find the methods and style that works for you and your plants. So be patient and flexible and watch your plants, but don't overthink stuff or panic. :)

That sounds like really good information thanks hush. I don't have a ppm meter or even know how to calculate ppm so I don't know how to measure in ppm could you do that schedule again except using tsp per gallon if possible.

There is not a way to calculate the ppm per tsp of nutrient. You really need to have a good TDS pen and a good pH pen so that you can be sure that you are getting the proper levels of nutrients and that the pH is correct. pH is critically important for synthetic nutrient growing. In total organic growing it is not so critical because the microbes in organic nutrient growing take care of the pH(as long as your source water is not way off). MJ is very particular for needing the pH to be within a tight range. If it gets outside of that acceptable range, the plants will begin to suffer from a lack of nutrition and eventually die.

I recommend that you look up pH and TDS meters online. The Hanna pens are reliable and inexpensive and you can get them from Amazon.com

Just ordered the Hanna Instruments HI98103 Checker pH
And
Hanna Instruments TDS1 TDS Tester
Please tell me if those are good enough

A male.....There is one white pistil in the middle of the pic I thought males didn't have that and it looks like a hair that should be on a nugget just white

A male.....There is one white pistil in the middle of the pic I thought males didn't have that and it looks like a hair that should be on a nugget just white

View attachment male.gif

grow-marijuana-outdoors-preflowers.gif

That looks to be female, but the other side looks to have male parts. Give it a week or so, and keep your fingers crossed it is not a herm.

I think it's the shadows from the light and crap camera u used a flash and actually that is the same side just took pic with a better camera and a flash and got the plant and camera even so no weird lighting shadow effects

I just did some quick calculations about space......my plants are 11 inches(tallest one) which means they will get around 3 ft tall. My tent is 6 feet tall. My light is 7.5 inches tall and there is an inch or two added to the for the ratchet connectors and the s hooks the connections that hold the light to the rods just to make it easy just round up to 10 inches. I need 19 inches of space between the light and plants. My light and space between the light adds up to 29 inches. A little over 2 feet. That means my plants cant get bigger than 2 ft. So I should flower in like a week.....just to allow some play in the calculations.....is my reasoning wrong on this?

Also since you can clearly see the reddish purplish streaks in the close up does that look like it should be there or should I add .5 tsp of lime and water again

Those meters should be good for you. Just make sure that you keep the pH meter in a 4.0solution when it isn't in use. A lot of the pH meters come with a cap that allows you to keep a few drops of solution in it so that the bulb stays wet. I used mine continually as I was in hydro so I kept mine in a measuring glass that was half full of 4.0 solution. Right now you will need to check your pH every time you get water or make up solution, until you are sure that it is staying where it needs to be.

That pic certainly looks like a female preflower but the other side looks a little like a male, so we need to give it more time to see what its going to do.

I had 7' tents and I typically vegged my plants until they were about 15" tall for Sativa dominant strains, and 20" for Indica dominant. This always gave me plenty of room during flower. You can also do a little Fimming on them if you need a few more days of veg to get all mature enough. Fim or Topping will stop their upward movement for at least 3 days depending on the strains (but don't top pure Indica or heavy Indica dom strains). :)

That was the same side as the other pic I just used a camera with 10 more mega pixels and made sure there couldn't be any weird lightning effects or shadows also the new camera that I used has a flash and the old camera didn't......I really think it was just a weird angle which made the light cast shadows. He'll in the other pic you couldn't even see the reddish streaks......

I am gonna take some pics later but I really think I should induce flowering they can't be that far off from maturity. If they are almost at sexual maturity I wouldn't think it would be that detrimental hell some people never give them time to get to maturity. .....what are the negatives I would think they would be minimized by how close they are......

Patience Grasshopper. Good things come to those who wait.

Flipping now will result is low yield which is the main negative, but if you're good with 1/2 zip plants, by all means flip away.

Hush gave good advice above on what he did in a similar setup. I'd stick by his side for this run and get err done, but patience is always key in this hobby all the way to the end.

Latest posts

Back