Newbie tent grow!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't really tell yet. I would let them go another week then check them. If it is a male, you have plenty of time before it becomes viable to produce pollen. :)

I don't know how much space you have for them but it will benefit you to get some garden wire ties and tie to several of the branches of the plants and pull them open. I would either use 3oz fishing sinkers and tie them off that way or punch holes in the rim of the pots and tie the limbs down to the rim of the pots. Opening up the plants is good for allowing more light to penetrate into the plant which will produce more, better buds. :)

Im gonna switch the light cycle to 18/6 for this week and then switch to 12/12, Im trying to be gentle with there environment and not have dramatic changes. I also took all the humidifiers out of the tent as I have read during flowering you dont want humidity. Also for some reason that I cant figure out Im having heat issues. I thought I had that figured out. Litterally nothing has changed in my setup.....only thing I can think of is that insulation from my attic is blocking the exhaust.....ill crawl up there tonight and check it out.....also I really dont have space....I have 9 sq ft and 6 plants.....I want that plant in question to be a male so I can cut it down and make more room....the leaves on all the plants are growing weird because they dont have room to expand so......I would love to be able to pull the plants apart a little so more light can get in....but I cant......also read that people give there plants a full 24 hours of darkness then switch to 12/12.....why? what are the benefits? Is it less stress full? Just curious.....

I wouldn't waste a week at 18/6. You can go straight to 12/12. They don't need an adjustment period. So long as your dark time is totally dark they will go into flower in a couple days provided they are sexually mature. A week of 18/6 will do nothing except give them a chance to stretch a little. You will have enough stretch to deal with after the flip. Plants can double or even triple in size depending on strain.
As for a 24 hour dark period before flower, same thing, just a chance to stretch without light. I wouldn't do it. Not that it would hurt much since it's just one day. jmo

I need the room and Im calling the suspected male a male.....the tear drop shapped bulbs its growing keep getting more defined every day....ive seem the v shaped hairs that are female preflowers before and this looks nothing like it.....oh well....so far 1 for 1

Alright today was a wake up call as far as temps are concerned it was like 78 today and I could not keep my tent below 81. My vent setup is fine just the location of tent sucks. In a second story bedroom with crap insulation and not turning the house ac on just for plants....so I am flowering now so I can keep lights on mainly at night......schedule is gonna be 12pm to 12 am off that will keep light off during the hot day and off during peak hours. I appreciate your advice and ideally would like to wait a week just temps are getting out of hand.......be done with everything by halfway through July and then take a break and clean everything up and start over during cooler months.....

Yeah the 18/6 isn't needed. I have used the 24hr darkness before the flip to see if it helps speed up the transition but found that it makes no difference, so I don't use it anymore. I would say go ahead and flip them and if you need more room, just remove a couple that look the weakest. Or you could even take out a couple and keep them in veg so that you can clone them and save the strain.

Can someone direct me to a good picture of hermy preflowers. I have 2 females that are clear to the eye but don't show that well on camera one that is showing a single pistal and sacks where the classic 2 pistil v shape would grow out of and 3 that are also showing the sacks where the pistils would be growing from but no pistils.......it's been 4 days on the 12 12 cycle. How long does it take for males to show definitive pollen sacks and how long does it take before the pollen becomes an issue

That looks female to me. You can see the tiny seed calyx starting to swell just below the sprout.

That is just new growth--not a sign of sex yet. If 2 white hairs pop out, it is female. Don't be too quick to toss that one, it could well turn out female. I had a Satori that I swore was going to be male, but wasn't.

Alright guys I officially 3 females as of today....that one that I was asking about finally showed her goods.....the one with just one white pistil.....just saw the v shaped pistil just started growing too small to even photo but it's there

Just took out one of my plants and cut it down....didnt like what I was seeing, I was seeing multiple pods forming and it didnt look anything like the females.......I need to do get rid of one hell I need to get rid of another too but Im still waiting for the pistils to form on them I am pretty sure they are both female since they have single pods forming but no pistils as of yet a better way of saying it is they have made the place where the pistils would grow from but still hasnt produced the pistils.....
Gonna blast yall with some pics so here it goes.....

View attachment 20140508_020719.jpg

View attachment 20140508_020736.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021105.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021159.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021212.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021221.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021619.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021655.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021702.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021718.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021916.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021943.jpg

View attachment 20140508_021951.jpg

View attachment 20140508_022003.jpg

View attachment 20140508_022317.jpg

View attachment 20140508_022334.jpg

View attachment 20140508_022346.jpg

View attachment 20140508_022622.jpg

View attachment 20140508_022759.jpg

View attachment 20140508_022823.jpg

alright I am down to the final 4 here and as hemp suggested I can only grow max 4 in the tent that I have. So here they are.....Ive done some pruning at the base of the plants to allow better air flow. I would like to employ some lst training right now but I cant. Atleast I dont think I can. I have maxed out my space.......is there anything else I can do to them to ensure or further stack the odds in my favor for a bountiful harvest? You guys must be busy havent heard from anyone in a bit.........

alright I am down to the final 4 here and as hemp suggested I can only grow max 4 in the tent that I have. So here they are.....Ive done some pruning at the base of the plants to allow better air flow. I would like to employ some lst training right now but I cant. Atleast I dont think I can. I have maxed out my space.......is there anything else I can do to them to ensure or further stack the odds in my favor for a bountiful harvest? You guys must be busy havent heard from anyone in a bit.........

View attachment 20140512_031016.jpg

View attachment 20140512_031004.jpg

Forgot to mention i am experimenting with damp rid to bring the humidity down.....can't get it below 64....which is down from the high 70s it was but need to bring that down to at least 45 percent.....should i get a bunch more and go nuts don't.....just wondering what you guys think......Also do i need to add a fan at the bottom of my tent as well or am i good with always having my exhaust fan and 2 regular fans in the tent blowing on the plants on all the time....

I doubt you need another fan at the bottom if you have that much air already. As far as your RH, 65 is ok so long as air is moving continually. Not sure where 45% came from but that is a little low and 50 to 70 will work, again, so long as you have continuous air flow.

As for your plants, if they have not been topped more than once that can be done again as long as it is not been longer than 2 weeks flipped which should help get more places at the top of the plants which=more bud sites for flowers to form.

I think you'll be better off skipping any LST as you really want to focus on keeping the canopy as even as possible creating more of a SOG/Sea of Green and focus all the energy of the plants to the tops only.

LST is great for running more plants and allowing fewer larger flowers at the tops, but with only 4 plants I feel you'll benefit more using the SOG approach over LST.

So what strains have you ended up with being ladies?

Looking real good in there so lets keep it rolling!

Latest posts

Back