Nirvana Aurora Indica Grow Hempy Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowinGreen

♥ ςticky icky
Reaction score
Day 1: Beginning Germination

Just received my seeds and am ready to get started. The seeds I got are Aurora Indica and AK48 from Nirvana. I also received 1 G13 Super Skunk (fem) and 5 G13 Thai Super Skunk. So the seed stock now consists of White Widow, Bubblicious, Belladonna, Aurora Indica, AK48, Super Skunk and Thai Super Skunk

Space is an issue so I just germ'ed 4 Aurora Indica's. Now I am just waiting for them to show their tap root so I can put them in rockwool

I grow in 2 gallon hempy buckets. The medium I use is hydroton and I use the Flora 3 part series nutes... I also use KoolBloom and Super Plant Tonic. I will veg under (6) 4' florescent shop lights and flower under a 400 HPS.

---

Grow 003.jpg

Grow 009.jpg

Grow 010.jpg

haha, never thought of that, using a cage-like enclosure where the lights just rest on top. It's so simple I never would have thought of that! I've always been apt to hang my lights. Interesting indeed!

GrowinGreen said:
Me either! Here is some eye candy of the WW while you are waiting.

As you can see, 3 are staying short with small spaces between the nodes (which I want), and the other 2 are stretching a little bit (which I don't want)... maybe they will turn out to be males, but who really knows, right?

Enjoy
why do you keep them like a dog(in a cage)?! lol... :hubba::holysheep:

i read hempy buckets were using just perlite:confused: but it will work great with the hydroton my buddy does it and gets awesome growth :hubba:

Pothead420- I'm not sure about the specifics, but hempy buckets were the first kind of grow I tried. I like the simplicity of them ...nothing to break on you. I guess I just have a habit of calling any bucket with a hole in it a hempy bucket. I'm pretty sure he preferred a 50/50 mix of perlite and vermiculite.

But I really like the hydroton- heavy enough to support the weight of the plant and it still has the wicking and absorption characteristics.

hiya GG got my AI pics in the gallery check em out there 21 days out not to sure when i should start flowering about 8 in now might wait till 12 in then start em

you grow AI before? im very interested in this strain. it stuck in my head for some reason when i was looking at strains the first time ages ago before i produced anything and it just stuck like a spear. is there anything special about them?

its a hydro grow GG, the foil is keeping light out of my nutes got a lil bit of open air just at the top of the basket, and the foil i can make lil gutters like to bring water closer to plant its working great so far ppm is looking good as well as ph, this thing is taking off like a rocket im getting at least 1 in growth per day. got em on 24hr light now would it hurt to step em down to 18/6?

not really lotek, easy so far. i did some reserch and the ai strain has high tch 15-20% and is short,bushy and grows fast. very impressed with the nervana seed bank germed 4 seeds all 4 poped and doing well, got 2 in dirt btw , and the hydro is blowing them away in terms of speed of growth and hardyness

Checked the seeds today- and well I probably should have put them in the rockwool yesterday. I never expected the taproots to grow this quick in 2 days. It was a little tricky getting them into the rockwool without damaging the taproot. The one with little growth I decided to put into the rockwool anyway- I hope it comes along.

---

Grow 061.jpg

Grow 063.jpg

I decided the seed that didn't sprout wasn't going to make it. It cracked and showed the taproot, but then there was no more growth... so I got rid of it and started to germ 1 more AI.

The other 3 seedlings are doing real well.

I finished making their final homes the other day. They are 2 gallon buckets from Ace Hardware for $1, can't beat that price. I think they will work real nice.

Hopefully the other seed germinates and catches up.

:guitar:

Grow 067.jpg

Grow 068.jpg

Grow 072.jpg

So out of the 4 AI beans I germ'ed 3 survived. One cracked and showed its taproot, but than stopped growing. So I germ'ed another one and it cracked and the taproot showed, but even it looks a little weird. The tap root is real thick and short and doesn't seem very flexible (I dunno it just looks weird) and it is taking forever to sprout.

Anyway they are vegging 24/0 under (4) 4' fluorescent tubes at 40W and 3050 lumens each and color temperature of 6500K so total of 160W and 12,200 lumens @ 6500K.

I also have another light with (2) 4' fluorescent tubes at 40W and 1900 lumens each and color temperature of 3100K so total of 80W and 3800 lumens @ 3100K. That is the red color you are seeing in the pictures.

So total light is: 240W and 16,000 lumens for a 4' x 1.5' area

I have been watering the 3 seedlings with ~3mL/gallon of FloraNova grow and ~10mL of SPT at a pH ~5.8 everyday a couple times. They are doing real good. In a couple weeks (when the roots hit the res) I will only have to water them every couple of days.

:bong1:

Grow 092.jpg

Grow 104.jpg

Grow 101.jpg

Latest posts

Back